JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem with Atlas extender v2.10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Problem with Atlas extender v2.10 Reply with quote

I'm just getting back into JP1, so I'm likely just doing something stupid. On forum advice I purchased 4 Atlas 1056 to replace my old remotes. I download latest versions of IR (8.0.3), RM (1.98beta7), Atlas extender (2.10). I performed the following ...

- Unzipped IR into its own directory
- Unzipped RM into its own direcotry
- Test ran IR and RM to set defaults, paths, etc. All working fine.
- Unzipped extender into its own directory and read the extender readme.txt
- Opened IR and downloaded from remote and saved as Unmodified.ir
- Installed the extender by running the following from a command prompt ... Extinstall 3A33ext-notes.hex Unmodified.ir Extended.ir -sig=$0600
- Opened Extended.ir in IR
- Added a Device for my satellite receiver as CBL and set it on the General tab in IR
- Uploaded to remote
- Following extender instructions I did a TV/OK on the remote to activate the extender. It responded with 4 blinks as stated in documentation.

I have played with many functions, devices, upgrades, etc and upload many times to remote. I have several issues that seem out of the ordinary:

- When uploading to remote I ALWAYS get the statement about the signature being different where the extender doc says I should only get it the first time.
- I can not seem to deactivate the extender (or tell if it is deactivated). The long press on setup doesn't seem to do anything (i get 2 blinks on CBL at start of press and 2 blinks after a short period of time while it is depressed). I tried moving the included deactive key move to a real button, upload, and test, but this didn't work either.
- Buttons function, but they all take a long time to execute. I noticed that it appears to be bouncing across multiple devices. Like volume will blink CBL twice, TV once, then the volume will execute. Channel change will blink CBL twice and then channel will change. I'm using the default device macros if that matters, but I have tried changing them to no success.
- When I attempt to download from remote after extender is activated ... I get some message about a problem with learned memory and that I should run Advanced->Clean Upper Memory. Pretty sure this will wipe extender, so didn't try this suggestion.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I wanted to try to get as much info as possible so people could understand and help.

Thanks in advance, G
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with Atlas extender v2.10 Reply with quote

TheGMan wrote:

Sorry for the long winded post, but I wanted to try to get as much info as possible so people could understand and help.

Thanks in advance, G

This remote crashes when you select a device in IR that does not have an upgrade present in memory - and that sounds like what is happening.

Try setting all five devices to be the same code, and one you are absolutely sure is present and try again.

xnappo
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with Atlas extender v2.10 Reply with quote

TheGMan wrote:

- Opened IR and downloaded from remote and saved as Unmodified.ir
- Installed the extender by running the following from a command prompt ... Extinstall 3A33ext-notes.hex Unmodified.ir Extended.ir -sig=$0600
- Opened Extended.ir in IR...
You may not realize that there is no reason to mess with command prompt extinstall. You can call it directly from within IR ("File>Merge using Extinstall")
TheGMan wrote:

- When uploading to remote I ALWAYS get the statement about the signature being different where the extender doc says I should only get it the first time.
That tells you that the remote is resetting back to the unextended signature, so something in your IR file is making it "vomit" (technical term).
TheGMan wrote:

- I can not seem to deactivate the extender (or tell if it is deactivated). The long press on setup doesn't seem to do anything (i get 2 blinks on CBL at start of press and 2 blinks after a short period of time while it is depressed). I tried moving the included deactive key move to a real button, upload, and test, but this didn't work either.
- Buttons function, but they all take a long time to execute. I noticed that it appears to be bouncing across multiple devices. Like volume will blink CBL twice, TV once, then the volume will execute. Channel change will blink CBL twice and then channel will change. I'm using the default device macros if that matters, but I have tried changing them to no success.
- When I attempt to download from remote after extender is activated ... I get some message about a problem with learned memory and that I should run Advanced->Clean Upper Memory. Pretty sure this will wipe extender, so didn't try this suggestion.
Yeah, as stated above by xnappo, your remote is getting some bad data. xnappo's suggestion is a good one, but also you ought not worry about "wiping the extender" since you can always upload it again.

But each assigned device setup code on the General Tab MUST be a device that the remote can find, either in its library or as an upgrade, so if you have some random numbers assigned to unused devices, that can easily be causing your problems. Usually IR should alert you if you have such a situation by highlighting such an offending setup code in red. In any event, IR has a built-in utility that provides you with a list. Go to "Tools>Options>Toolbar" and ensure that it is checked. Then look at the icons across the top, and click on the one just to the right of "JP!.X/JP1" interface toggle button. That should give you a list of valid setup codes for the device type in the highlighted device line.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SetupCodeValidation should protect you from that situation.

What's the signature of your un-extended atlas? Also post your IR file so we can have a look.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with Atlas extender v2.10 Reply with quote

TheGMan wrote:
I download latest versions of IR (8.0.3), RM (1.98beta7), Atlas extender (2.10).

The latest released version of RM is v1.98
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
TheGMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well not sure I understand ... but set all 5 devices (IR general tab) to the same device code. One that does exist on the IR Devices tab. Just happen to use a TV device code.

Uploaded to remote ... no change. Exact same problems I mentioned and of course now the buttons dont function because the code used does not match my equipment.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in general, if you want someone to analyze your IR setup, you have to upload your IR file to the diagnosis area and provide a link to it here, since we cannot guess what you have uploaded.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
TheGMan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry all ... after re-reading ... I set all devices to TV/0000 and things worked. I then set CBL to my added device ... things worked.

Off to have some programming fun ... THANKS!
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
SetupCodeValidation should protect you from that situation.

What's the signature of your un-extended atlas? Also post your IR file so we can have a look.

I believe this RDF(which currently comes with the extender) does not have the setup validation code check entry - that is on my to-do list for the Atlas RDF cleanup.

xnappo
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: