JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PCMCIA parrallel cards and JP1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: PCMCIA parrallel cards and JP1 Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the JP1 works ok with PCMICA cards?
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would expect (have not tried) that it would work only with the PCMCIA cards that actually emulate a parallel port. Most of the ones you find for cheap are fine for printers, but they are not actual emulators.
I researched this once, and about the cheapest I could find that looked like it would work was about $80.00. When you figure you can get a cheap older laptop on fleabay for less than that after shipping, I couldn't justify it.
Jim
javier

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: PCMCIA parrallel cards and JP1 Reply with quote

Ube_Astard wrote:
Does anyone know if the JP1 works ok with PCMICA cards?

I have bought a $17 PCMCIA Parallel card and it works with my URC-8910 JP1 remote.
Because there are a lot of cards with different chips, look for a card with the MCS9805 chip inside.
This is the link for the card that I have bought:
http://cgi.ebay.com/110533099643

When installed, go to device manager in your PC and look for memory I/O resources of your new LPT device. I had to change the address 378 on IR.EXE associated to LPT1 for the new FFE8 of the new PCMCIA card.
If thist is not enough to get the card working, try to change the port configuration (interrrupt, Plug&Play legacy) on the Port Configuration tab of the card properties in device manager.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: