JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR 8.03 available!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: IR 8.03 available! Reply with quote

IR 8.03 is available here. This is a major new release of the IR.exe program with the following new features:

* Improved software support for JP1 interfaces that use the Delcom chip, including support for 64-bit versions of Windows, thanks to extensive work by Dave Reed (3FG).

* Support for the JP1 EEPROM Programming Adapter designed by Kevin Timmerman and marketed by Tommy Tyler that enables uploads and downloads of JP1 remotes to be performed with JP1.x interfaces and software.

* Ability to import learned signals from raw and predefined Pronto formats (other than format 8000).

* Ability to export learned signals in raw Pronto format.

* A new Analysis display on the learned signals page, which shows the signal in IRP notation. This is derived directly from the signal. No look-up is involved, so it should work with a wide variety of protocols even if they are not recognised by DecodeIR.

Further information on the new features is given in the Release Notes that are included in the package, and also in this thread that discusses the later stages of the development of this new version.

The import, export and analysis features make use of ExchangeIR.dll. This is a new DLL that is now included in the IR.exe package. The current version is 0.08. Support for the JP1 EEPROM Programming Adapter is provided by version 0.16 of jp12serial.dll. The package also contains a new version, 2.41, of DecodeIR.dll with a correspondingly updated version of DecodeIR.html.

Link to announcement of IR 8.02
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work as always. Many thanks for all your efforts.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really is a very important release for IR.exe, so I hope everybody upgrades to it as soon as they can. The new handling for Pronto codes is amazing and I can't tell you how much work went into getting the old Delcom based JP1 cables working with 64-bit machines, but we got there in the end.

So many thanks to Graham and Dave for all the hard work that went into this release.
jetskier

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded and played with 8.03. The learned section w/ the Pronto functionality is a welcomed addition.

If only it created upgrades of those oddball Pronto codes that DecodeIR can't decipher.....
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskier wrote:
If only it created upgrades of those oddball Pronto codes that DecodeIR can't decipher.....

If you have samples of Pronto code that DecodeIR cannot decipher, I bet Graham would like to see them (in a different thread though) as he's the caretaker for DecodeIR now too.

If you post them, I'll take a look at them myself to see if I can determine what they are.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, I was using 64-bit Vista when I was doing all of my testing with WinUSB and the beta versions of IR 8.03, but now that the testing is done, I have upgraded to Win 7.

I thought I would be able to just fire up IR and it would work, but it turns out that's not the case. I needed to re-install the WinUSB driver in order for it all to work again.

This is just FYI for anyone else that upgrades from Vista to Win7.

WinUSB is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7849
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code Selector on the ToolBar

I remember reading about the code selector in prior posts, but it didn't mean anything to me, because at the time, the RDF's that I use, didn't have the necessary information! However I just revisited that icon and think its really great!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Now that the RDF's (version 1.30) have been updated with the information, its turns out to be a really cool tool.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham would it be possible to turn off the Exchange and IRP lines on the learned signals display? I've got my screen maximized, but can't readily see the "sent after" part of the timing data. Seeing that is a lot more helpful that seeing the IRP. Or could the IRP be at the bottom of the scrolling part?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Graham would it be possible to turn off the Exchange and IRP lines on the learned signals display? I've got my screen maximized, but can't readily see the "sent after" part of the timing data. Seeing that is a lot more helpful than seeing the IRP. Or could the IRP be at the bottom of the scrolling part?

As you mention, there is a scroll bar on the timing data section, so I don't understand how you cannot see everything, unless you feel you have to see it all at once. The "Sent after" part is usually blank (or an incomplete part frame that is junk) in any case, and you can check if that is so by scrolling. As for whether seeing it is a lot more helpful than seeing the IRP, I have to say that is a matter of opinion.

I do not want to move or hide the Exchange and IRP lines. They are quite deliberately in their present position, and are visible whether or not Force Learned Timings is turned on. I am aware that they have few fans at present, but I want users to see them. In time they may come to appreciate them, and they really don't take up much space.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
Graham would it be possible to turn off the Exchange and IRP lines on the learned signals display? I've got my screen maximized, but can't readily see the "sent after" part of the timing data. Seeing that is a lot more helpful than seeing the IRP. Or could the IRP be at the bottom of the scrolling part?

As you mention, there is a scroll bar on the timing data section, so I don't understand how you cannot see everything, unless you feel you have to see it all at once. The "Sent after" part is usually blank (or an incomplete part frame that is junk) in any case, and you can check if that is so by scrolling. As for whether seeing it is a lot more helpful than seeing the IRP, I have to say that is a matter of opinion.

The only time I'm looking at learns, is if they don't work quite right.

Yes, its usually blank, and I can see it if I scroll, but if its a necessary part of the signal I'm not going to think to scroll, because its unusual. The way it was before hit me over the head.

Quote:

I do not want to move or hide the Exchange and IRP lines. They are quite deliberately in their present position, and are visible whether or not Force Learned Timings is turned on.

Yes, I only just found this out, and that's what prompted me to say anything. Do you realize how frightening IRP looks. Its kind of like showing a person a power button and the circuit diagram on the getting started pages of a user manual

Quote:

I am aware that they have few fans at present, but I want users to see them. In time they may come to appreciate them, and they really don't take up much space.

Did I say I wasn't a fan? I love this kind of IRP in a list on the reports. I find them very useful in describing the pattern.
But if I could see one piece of information on the screen I'd really rather it be the sent after, than the IRP, which to me only makes sense when I see an entire list of it. Or am I missing something? Is this going somewhere that I don't understand? I know that you have done marvelous things with the software, and this could just be something that is in your vision of the future, that I do not fully comprehend.

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham, has anyone ever told you how nice that new highligting feature is? This has been really helpful in studying the E2 area.

It also allowed me to discover an error with the way MultiMacro keys are being imported.

On Multi macro
upper nibble 8+count, lower nibble is device or F

If lower nibble is a device, its a DSM
If lower nibble is an F its a global macro.

When you open a file with DSM multimacro, the key is displayed on the Macro page instead of the Special Protocols page. If you then edit it to change the highlighting, the device gets lost and the macro now becomes global.

If is really hard to understand why a macro isn't working, in all modes, unless you look at the EEPROM, to look at the EEPROM you need to highlight it, it then works and it gets very mysterious.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: