JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

COMCAST DTA - Model Number DCI1011COM by THOMSON
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
Just curious, but how could handling of the XMP protocol be improved?

We really need to get all three programs in sync (ie, KM, RM and DecodeIR) with regards to this protocol. I have made some suggestions in the thread below:

http://hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10773

Last edited by The Robman on Sun May 23, 2010 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The particular example here is C1982, which IRTool decodes as XMP (and XMP-R) device 62, subdevice 16. The Lookup Tool and devices.xls refer to the protocol as XMP 23,15,68,62. And KM/RM refer to it as Dreambox 62.23

Its not suprising that the Lookup Tool agrees with Devices.xls. I got my protocol information for the Lookup Tool from Devices.XLS.

I'm not quite sure how this is going to resolve. I hope if there are any major changes to Devices.XLS that someone kicks me in the butt so that I can keep up with the rest of the JP1 world.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a KM file based on the learns posted. (This requires KM 9.19 or better)

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7971

Here's an RM file that uses the old Dreambox protocol, just so it's backward compatible:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7972
andyross

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Can't get code to work on 8811 Reply with quote

I'm trying to add the Comcast DTA to my 8811. I downloaded both files, and tried both KM and RM to get it into IR. Neither one works. All I can get is the '0' key to work, sometimes. I hope, as it always seems to be, something stupid I did.

The files used are in:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8009

The RM and KM files include the originals and my modified (_8811) versions.
andyross

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to get this working on my 8811, but I had to change the XMP type to 2 in KM 9.19.

Some notes for those with extenders who want to send macros:

The DTA only seems to buffer 2 rapid 'buttons' at a time. I have a few keys set up to send favorite channel numbers. I found I had to do something like "5,2,pause,ENTER". The pause was a minimal .063 sec that I tied to Phantom1.

If you want to send 2 repeating digits, like 44, you need to put a pause between them.

If you are not using an extender, I think the default speed is slow enough to work on it's own.
tjd

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had any success getting this to work with RM? I don't have Excel so KM is not an option (well, I could probably dig up an old CD of Excel if I really had to but I'd prefer not to, but if that's the easiest answer please let me know and I'll do it).

I'm using Robman's RM file (7972) from above with RM1.98beta7 and IR8.02 on my Cinema7 (no extender). I get the same behavior as andyross described - only the "0" key works. I don't understand how to interpret his "had to change the XMP type to 2" followup in RM, though.

Sorry if I'm being dense; despite the newness of my account I have been using JP1 for a long time but I haven't had to make any changes for quite a while. Now I've got a new USB cable and JP1 adapter and trying to get back down to 1 remote per room. I did get my Moxi working (which also requires a device and protocol upgrade) so I know I'm not completely doing things wrong.

thanks,

todd (URC-7800 x2, URC-8910, URC-9910)
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjd wrote:
Has anyone had any success getting this to work with RM? I don't have Excel so KM is not an option (well, I could probably dig up an old CD of Excel if I really had to but I'd prefer not to, but if that's the easiest answer please let me know and I'll do it).

Yes, this actually works better with RM than with Excel.

See these instructions for modifying the JAR file if you are not seeing all the XMP options in RM.

Quote:
I'm using Robman's RM file (7972) from above with RM1.98beta7 and IR8.02 on my Cinema7 (no extender). I get the same behavior as andyross described - only the "0" key works. I don't understand how to interpret his "had to change the XMP type to 2" followup in RM, though.

There are two versions of regular XMP. The difference is the position in the signal where the function code, aka the OBC, goes. The other position is filled with a zero. The reason the Zero is the only code that works is that BOTH obc positions are filled with the zero. You need to use xmp-2 signals.

I didn't open the file that you found from Rob, but it is probably using the custom protocol that Rob wrote before we had the standard XMP protocol.

[/quote]

The 7800 is one of my favorite remotes. Have you thought about using my extender on this remote? Version 5 brings you up to date in the extender world.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to Vicky's reply here's the direct link to the necessary files to add XMP to RM.

Use Rob's KM upgrade by opening it in RM.
(In the Open File dialog, make sure that you choose File of Type to be All Device Upgrade Files, or the KM upgrade files won't be visible.)

I've just checked this using a 8011, and it works, meaning it yields the same learned signal as a DTA. Do not change to XMP-2; Rob's file correctly implements XMP-1.
tjd

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for the quick responses!

I am using the beta version of RM available here which appears to include all of the XMP stuff.

Rob's "RM" file does use "Dreambox" protocol instead of XMP (I didn't quite get the distinction earlier in the day but now I think I at least somewhat understand it). So, I tried the KM version which does use XMP.

On the 9910 it works perfectly!

On the 7800 there appears to be a bug though - the remote gets stuck in an infinite loop. It is sending out the right IR, it just does so repeatedly until I pull the battery. I've never seen that kind of behaviour on that remote before... so I'll have to look into that.

FWIW, I do have some embedded development experience; at least at first glance I don't see anything obviously wrong. The XMP protocol code looks identical between the two remotes aside from a few addresses being changed in what looks like a consistent manner (ffxx -> 80xx, CALL 0158->0145, JP 014C->0139), which all looks similar to what i see in the MCE protocol. But, I didn't try to follow the code... out of curiousity, how do people develop these protocols/extenders, are there debugging tools?

Vicky - I wasn't really familiar with extenders before today, I figured I'd try to get everything working and then look into them. But, maybe this looping problem is impetus to give it a shot... Right now, I think I've had enough JP1 for one day though :)

todd.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which version of XMP did you use? XMP(JP1) or XMP(UEI)?

The development tool we use for building protocols is PB.

tjd

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again! The KM file uses XMP (JP1) but I changed it to XMP (UEI) in RM and that seems to have fixed the problem - no more infinite loop and all the buttons work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: