JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Remarkable DirecTV Remote Control
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted Initial RDFs for DirecTV-RC64 here and DirecTV-RC65RB here.

RC64 doesn't seem to support keymoves and macros.
RC65RB doesn't seem to support keymoves but does seem to support macros.
Tommy Tyler
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I wrong or is the fact that RC64 and RC65RB don't support keymoves the kiss of death as far as it being a worthwhile candidate for us to work with?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not necessarily. Having the ability to add upgrades is the most important thing, plus an extender could open up keymove ability for both remotes, if somebody takes the time to write one.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Binky and Dave for pointing this out to me. So it would seem that this Directv rc-64 is a JP1.3 remote that needs a hardware mod to run. Its backlit and has nice big buttons. I'm not real sure about that slider. I like big buttons and backlit option.

Since it requires some form of hardware modification, I'll pass it up even though its on the clearance rack at the store.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think there's any possibility of using the 2-way IR capabilities of the RC65RX to download upgrades per THIS thread? I don't have DirecTV anymore, but someone with a HR24 DVR and a widget could probably capture whatever gets sent from the DVR when it downloads to the remote.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of HR24's and a widget. Let me see if I can spend some time understanding what is coming back at the remote when it's doing some of its autoconfiguration. (the configuration stuff works on the non-DVR's as well, at least the newer ones)

BTW, if it weren't for the "slider" for device selection, this would be an interesting remote and I'd even consider writing an extender for it. (I have 4 of them right now with my 4 DTV receivers)
AndyInNYC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Has any hacking been done on this remote? Reply with quote

I now have two RC65RX remotes for my HR24-100 DTV DVRs.

Unfortunately, the DirecTV programming features (from the DVR) don't fully understand my receiver downstairs (JVC 1028) nor my TV upstairs (whatever the store brand is at Best Buy).

I'd love to bring all the programming across from my 6131 into the RC65RX (slider or not).

I like the feel and layout of the RC65RX, but I'd like to control my stuff better along with potentially using the DVD, VCR and CD player from the same remote.

thanks all.

Andrew
shaggylive

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this seems to be the most current thread on the subject so forgive the bump.
I love and need to keep using my rc65rx, but my tv (Hyundai) still isn't in the codeset. so I'm hoping this would be a good project to get started in jp1. I have other compatible remotes to test any cable I build or buy, but definitely not going to the trouble if the rc65rx is a dead end.

btw, I took it apart and there seems to be enough room for pins in this model. (between mute and prev buttons)

yes, i'm new, but not a novice. Wink
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a hold of a couple of DirecTV RC66 remote controls(Functionally similar to RC65). I opened one up and it is similar to the RC1704704/00 picture on the previous page. There are no pads for JP1.3 to hook up to though. I was thinking of wiring up to the small PCB board.

Does anybody know what the JP1.3 pins are on the PCB? Is there an easy way to figure it out? There are a few unconnected pins: pin2,pin3,pin16,pin17,pin22,pin27,pin30,pin35,pin36 from the top outside. I can't tell without desoldering what goes where underneath the small PCB.

These are some of the markings on the remote: RC1984746/01B 10823-12898HF 3139 233 3545 35451

I took a picture of the chip board here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12200
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, long ago wired Directv remote for jp1, had the wires coming out one of the screw holes. I shipped him the remote, he wired it, couldn't do much with at the time, didn't want to keep it, sent it back. I cut the wires and used it as regular remote.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a guess at how the RC66 might be connected
Code:

PCB    Chip Epoxy Blob
26  to 1  P2.3/INT8 or P2.4/INT9/CIN0
27  NC
28  to 3  P3.0/T0PWM/T0CAP/SDAT -- IDC-4 Rx RE3.0, may go to IR LED K so can tap there.
29  to 4  P3.1/REM/SCLK         -- IDC-6 Tx RE3.1, goes to Wire 3903. IR signal output can be sampled there.
30  NC 5  Vdd(+3v)
31  to 6  Vss(GND)              -- IDC-3 GND, can tap off of middle of resonator.
32  to 7  Xout(+3.25v)
33  to 8  Xin
34  to 9  TEST. to Cap then to GND.
35  NC 10 P2.6/INT9/CIN1
36  NC 11 P2.6/INT9/CIN2
1   to 12 nRESET                -- IDC-2 nRESET
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the above didn't work. I noticed PCB28 actually went to ground so I cut that trace but it made no difference. The only pin that suppresses the poweron 2 reset LED blinks is if I ground PCB13. I found some old notes
Code:

32-pin SOP
7    nRESET
14   P1.5 TX to UART RX on Slingbox Pro-HD
23   P0.6 RX to UART TX on Slingbox Pro-HD
30   P3.0 -- IDC-4 RX
31   P3.1 -- IDC-6 TX

that said pin23(which may match up with PCB13) was used with a slingbox interface. There is a password that needs to be supplied though in order to use the PL/JB/Gondar communication protocol.

Pressing Mute+Select(wait for 2 blinks) gets you into SETUP mode.
9-8-3 blinks back 3472 for the signature(34723472).
Thedemon007

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: So RC64 not have support? Reply with quote

I have a old rc64 with problems in some buttons (mute/enter and others), so no can change the code, so I thought set the code via cable, but RMRI say "No RDF matches signature starting 3086" i copy the "30863086 (DirecTV-RC64).rdf" in the rdf folder but show same msg. Donwload Raw maybe this rc64 is a variant this no have 24C02 chip o similar.

Pcb:
Code:

UEIS-11544
UEID6DA REV.II
URC-2985BG0-x-R
MAY 07, 2007
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pastebin link doesn't work for me (probably blocked here), so please use our file section. Load your file into the Diagnosis Area if you'd like us to look at it.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restart RMIR and try again. It scans the RDF files on startup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: