JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Porting an upgrade to a new remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpatterson

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Porting an upgrade to a new remote Reply with quote

Hello, Thanks to this board's great help, I was able to create a perfect remote upgrade back in the day for an Atlas Remote.. It has now worn out (buttons are temperamental, etc). I have a new remote that is almost identical (1055BC2 v. 1055BC1). I was hoping I could just download from the old remote and upload to the new one, but that is not working for me.. Do I need to create a new upgrade? (I did a bunch of key moves and macros and have not kept my source km files that I used originally. If I need to create one from scratch, that is fine, but I don't want to relearn the tools if I don't need to do so.

Thanks
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many different versions of Atlas remotes with different signatures that it is not surprising that your two Atlases may not be identical.

The 1055 alone has four different variants! that's not even counting the 1054 and 1056.

Quote:
Atlas DVR (day) (1055):
- has the key above the "Up Arrow" key labelled "Settings" AND "Menu";
- replaces the key to left of the "Left Arrow" key with a rocker key labelled "Day" with a "+"and "-" direction;
- # button (to the right of 0) has a secondary label of HD/Zoom vs. ENTER
- is a JP 1.2 or JP 1.3 remote;
- there are SEVERAL signatures identified (and RDFs created) to date, including:
-- 10251025 (JP 1.2 - labelled JP1) has about 3.5K of equivalent "EEPROM" memory;
-- 30003000 (JP 1.3) all of the JP1.3's have about 4.5K of equivalent "EEPROM" memory;
-- 30323032 (JP 1.3); and
-- 30333033 (JP 1.3) - signature shared with the 1056 OCAP remote.

If they ARE identical, then you should be able to simply download an IR image from one and upload it to another, but if they are NOT, then you have to re-build the upgrades for all of your devices for the new remote and re-create all of your macros and KeyMoves.

DOWNLOAD from each remote into IR and take a look at the signature displayed on the Raw Data page. If they do not match, then you are SOL.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
jpatterson

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Yeah, I had figured that much.. Its not so bad.. I just will need to remember what I was trying to accomplish with each macro

Thanks for the response
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I do it is open 2 sessions of IR so I can easily see what to enter in my new config from my old config.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: