JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas OCAP 3033 Black/Silver 1056ABC1-BXX-001-XXXX-XXX-R
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slr_65

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Atlas OCAP 3033 Black/Silver 1056ABC1-BXX-001-XXXX-XXX-R Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I've been using some old Millenium 4 remotes for years now and I've been quite happy.

I decided to upgrade to some backlit Atlas OCAP 3033 Black remotes, battery compartment # 1056ABC1-BXX-001-XXXX-XXX-R and now I'm not so happy . . .

It had codes already for my tv and cable box. I'm trying to add the functions of a PC Media Center remote so I can run my home theater pc from it. This worked perfectly in my old Millenium 4s but it doesn't work at all in my new remotes.

I took the RemoteMaster file I made when I added this to the Millenium 4 remotes and opened it up and changed the remote from the Millenium 4 to the Atlas OCAP IRC-1056 JP1.3 (Black) remote type. I did a little touch up on where I wanted the buttons, and then went to the Output and cut it to the clip board. I noticed the Millenium 4s needed an upgrade protocol too but the Atlas supposedly does not need one and none is created.

I opened ir.exe and added the device in and selected it for my vcr code and programmed - every thing went fine.

When I go to use it it doesn't work at all.

I have an ir widget to read remote codes and when I use it to read the new Atlas remote mce upgrade it gives me a frequency of around 35900 (varies a bit either side) and the protocol is unkown.

It's like RemoteMaster is mistaken and this does need a protocol update.

Anyone have any ideas?

I love the layout of the remote and I love the back lighting, but if it wont do all the remotes I need it's a deal breaker!

Thanks!

Steve
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve please post your RM file and post a link here. Like you said, RM thinks you don't need an upgrade, but that might not true. It might also help to have a Irscope summary report from the milenium, showing a few learns.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In cases like this, I always ask for ALL of the "guilty" files - including the IR file with the upgrade loaded - to try to cover all possible sources of trouble.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
slr_65

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks so much for the prompt replies!

Unfortunately I'm headed out for the evening. Tomorrow after work I'll get some files uploaded for you all to look at.

Again, thanks for the help!

Also . . . you gotta love that ir widget reader! If you're into JP1 stuff it's a must have!!!

Take care, back with ya tomorrow after work.

Steve
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Atlas OCAP 3033 Black/Silver 1056ABC1-BXX-001-XXXX-XXX-R Reply with quote

slr_65 wrote:

Anyone have any ideas?

Quite likely you are spot on. We will know for sure once you upload your file, but we have been running into this issue where UEI started using a previously unused protocol ID that our community had hi-jacked.

[edit] If you want to jump ahead, just delete the protocol from the [Protocols] section of the RDF file - that should make RM provide the upgrade protocol.

xnappo
slr_65

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: ir and RM files Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I just uploaded my files.

The ir file is at:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8341

The Remote Master file is at:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8342

Thanks!

Steve
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MCE protocol that is built in to the Atlas, requires 8 fixed bytes of data, this MCE upgrade that RM is creating has only 4 fixed bytes of data.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
The MCE protocol that is built in to the Atlas, requires 8 fixed bytes of data, this MCE upgrade that RM is creating has only 4 fixed bytes of data.

So short term he can delete the protocol from the RDF, but long term we have another conflict?

Thanks,
xnappo
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find the MCE protocol, 012a, in the protocols section of the RDF and change it to 012A:2

slr_65

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Atlas OCAP 3033 Black/Silver 1056ABC1-BXX-001-XXXX-XXX-R Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
slr_65 wrote:

Anyone have any ideas?

Quite likely you are spot on. We will know for sure once you upload your file, but we have been running into this issue where UEI started using a previously unused protocol ID that our community had hi-jacked.

[edit] If you want to jump ahead, just delete the protocol from the [Protocols] section of the RDF file - that should make RM provide the upgrade protocol.

xnappo

Hi Xnappo,

I had no idea how to do this, but that's never stopped me! Laughing

OK for future readers of this thread . . .

*) I opened up the RemoteMaster file I had made for my Millenium 4 remotes and I noted the protocol id (012a in this case)

*) I went to the directory RemoteMaster Keeps it's rdf files in and located the appropriate rdf file.

*) I made a copy of it and placed it in another directory.

*) I changed the extension from .rdf to .txt and opened it with notepad. It opened right up and the stuff is in plain text in the file. Smile

*) I located the 012A in the protocol list and deleted it and then saved the file.

*) I renamed the file to .rdf again.

*) I went back to the directory RemoteMaster keeps it's rdf files in and I renamed the file to a .bak extension.

*) I copied my modified rdf file back into the directory.

*) I pulled up RemoteMaster and changed the remote to an Atlas 1056 Black.

*) I took a look at the output and now it had the upgrade protocol info! Very Happy

From this point on it was like any other upgrade, I just loaded the data into IR.exe and upgraded the protocol and it's working like a charm now!

THANKS GUYS!!! Very Happy

Steve
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:

So short term he can delete the protocol from the RDF, but long term we have another conflict?

Thanks,
xnappo

Just one of the reasons your job is so important Chris. Its an RDF problem. I can't wait for the new release!

xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
xnappo wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:

Thanks,
xnappo

Just one of the reasons your job is so important Chris. Its an RDF problem. I can't wait for the new release!

Yes, but I don't think we have really decided how to fix this? Or is this a different issue from when we have hijacked a protocol? IE UEI themselves have defined two different protocols one using 8 bytes and one using 4, but kept the same protocol number?

If the latter is the case, will your checker/fixer will fix those?

Thanks!
xnappo
slr_65

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, what should I do?

I just deleted the protocol and then added it in in ir and it's working fine.

Should I leave it alone (if it's not broke . . .) or should I backup and do the :2 fix?

Thanks!

Steve
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve the way you did it uses upgrade area that you don't need to use. If this isn't an issue for you, you can leave it be.

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:

Yes, but I don't think we have really decided how to fix this? Or is this a different issue from when we have hijacked a protocol? IE UEI themselves have defined two different protocols one using 8 bytes and one using 4, but kept the same protocol number?

This is typical of the protocol variant issue. The older remotes don't have a MCE protocol, so we provide our smaller more efficient executor. When its built in, we want to use the built in version to save upgrade area.

Quote:

If the latter is the case, will your checker/fixer will fix those?

Yep, I had to run the checker to find out what its supposed to be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: