JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discrete power codes for Sirius Audiovox satellite radio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitize

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Discrete power codes for Sirius Audiovox satellite radio Reply with quote

I managed to learn all the buttons off the remote that came with the Audiovox satellite receiver. Just wondering if it is possible to get the discrete codes some how. When I learned the buttons they all had NEC1 protocol and device 16. So is there a list of typical discrete power codes or am I wasting my time?

Thanks
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically the way you find discrete commands is that you try all possible 256 commands. It is best to arrange the known commands by OBC. Then look for gaps. If power toggle were OBC=12 and 13 and 14 didn't have known commands, I would try them first.

If most commands are grouped between OBC's 0 to 63 I would try that range first.
digitize

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did notice that the OBC range was approximately between 0 and 30 and I did as you suggested by trying the unused OBC numbers or gaps. That did not work. I then tried all the numbers between 31 and 70 with no success. I guess it is safe to say that there probably is no discrete codes for this device.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: