JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

will urc-9910 run my lights?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: will urc-9910 run my lights? Reply with quote

i have a remote that dims the lights in my TV room, but it is RF not IR. will the urc-9910 be able to run the lights since it is RF also? I currently have the 8910 and love it except it can't run the lights.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: will urc-9910 run my lights? Reply with quote

Willy wrote:
i have a remote that dims the lights in my TV room, but it is RF not IR. will the urc-9910 be able to run the lights since it is RF also? I currently have the 8910 and love it except it can't run the lights.
Nope, Sorry. The RF for the 9910 is only between the remote and the RF station for the purpose of sending IR signals further.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you controlling your lights, are you using X10 devices? If so, you can replace your RF transceiver with an IR543 box, then you will be able to use your URC-9910 to control your lights with code HOME/0167
Willy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, it is x10. thanks for the info, I didn't know something like that existed. looks like that box is only about $20, that might be worth considering since it would help get rid of one more remote!
Neil P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the RF remote like the RS-2117 etc, can you place the IR543 box infront of the RF receiver and in that way control x10 from any part of the home, instead of being infront of the IR543 box to send the IR code to the IR543 box to be converted to x10? Or the RF tx and rx works only to send devices signals?

The IR Extender that sells with the AA battery being replaced with an RF puck, would the same situation above worked? I started with x10 many years ago and have a complex system in my house, I used to use the X10 RF remotes, works great for x10 but lousy for the remote functions, so I switched to the URC-8810w remote and would now like a way to control x10 from any part of the house instead of being infront of the IR543 box. Can't wait for the AAA battery version to come out. Annnnnytimmmme now.

Neil P
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil P wrote:
On the RF remote like the RS-2117 etc, can you place the IR543 box infront of the RF receiver and in that way control x10 from any part of the home, instead of being infront of the IR543 box to send the IR code to the IR543 box to be converted to x10?

Think of the IR543 box as just being another IR controlled device. You know that you can use the RF feature of your 15-2117 to contol all your other IR controlled devices, and the IR543 is no exception.

Btw, you can get the IR543 for $20 from http://www.homeautomationnet.com
Carwarr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Neil P wrote:
On the RF remote like the RS-2117 etc, can you place the IR543 box infront of the RF receiver and in that way control x10 from any part of the home, instead of being infront of the IR543 box to send the IR code to the IR543 box to be converted to x10?

Think of the IR543 box as just being another IR controlled device. You know that you can use the RF feature of your 15-2117 to contol all your other IR controlled devices, and the IR543 is no exception.

Btw, you can get the IR543 for $20 from http://www.homeautomationnet.com

Speaking of homeautomationnet.com, check out the cordless phone/universal remote control they have on clearance for $30! Now if that was JP1, I would be all over it.
http://www.homeautomationnet.com/myoneremote/myoneremote.asp?id=656

L8R
Mitch
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willy wrote:
yes, it is x10. thanks for the info, I didn't know something like that existed. looks like that box is only about $20, that might be worth considering since it would help get rid of one more remote!
The only caveat is that the IR543 only works for one house code, and therefore you can only control 16 things with it and your remote.
steve_s

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a cheap ($25-$30???) Lutron IR dimmer switch at Home Depot for the lights in my TV room and it works great with my 9910 remote. The RF base station bounces enough IR around the room that it doesn't need to be pointed any where near the light switch. I even have the KeyMaster file for it if anyone wants it.

What I'd like to find now is an IR remote for my gas fireplace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: