JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with Matsui VCR VP9501 - No remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveoram

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Help with Matsui VCR VP9501 - No remote Reply with quote

I really dont have a clue where to start with this one.

I have been given a VP9501 matsui VCR, but I have no remote control.
I am using a UEC7562 remote
Setup code which seems to work the transport system and number keys is 0209, which seems to translate as NEC 1 protocol fixed data 20 FE 21.

Not knowing this VCR, and the nature of VCR's operating certain functions in certain operating modes, can anyone explain how I proceed.

I have used the code searc protocol to identify the numbers and power function, but other functions elude me.

Any help would be appreciated
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That tells us a lot. VCR_0209 is NEC1:128.123 and there is a file at RC for a different model but decodes as NEC2:128.123 with these commands:

OBC EFC
000 181 0
001 185 1
002 183 2
003 187 3
004 180 4
005 184 5
006 182 6
007 186 7
008 053 8
009 057 9
010 055 +
011 059 -
013 056 Timer Record
019 123 Power
021 120 `A9
022 118 Play
023 122 `Stop
024 245 `Scan_Forward
025 249 `Scan_Back
026 247 `Pause
028 244 `90 Set
030 246 LP / SP
065 169 +
066 167 -
069 168 Enter
072 037 Prog
074 039 Cancel
076 036 Reset
078 038 `Eject
081 105 `90

You might try these as key moves to VCR_0209. If they don't work correctly try NEC2 instead.

Last edited by jon_armstrong on Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
daveoram

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the EFC's for the numbers match, so I will try an upgrade for the codes you have given.

One thing I do notice is that this VCR supports Video+ (A system for programming it using a numeric code uptO 8 digits, are there any unused EFC's in that device which may be of help - On second thoughts, I will try the upgrade first and see if it works, and then see if I can progress further - I wont learn if I dont try will I?

Dave
daveoram

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thats got me a bit further, I think what I need to find is some instructions for this beast so I know what should work.

The codes you gave make the basic operation more complete - ie the eject function.

Thanks, and if anyone has further infi it would be a help

Dave
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only 256 commands. EFC is a UEIC encryption of OBC. So I would first look at OBC's missing from 0 to 31 and 64 to 95.
daveoram

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will do that, but still think I need a manual so I can work out what is supposed to be happenning. Why are VCR's such awkward beasts - certain functions only operate in certain modes?

Dave
daveoram

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,
Thanks again for your kick-start on this device - I was really stuck on what to try. I dont know how you managed to bring up that device from RC as the posted CCF's on there really mean nothing to me!!

Dave
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, no "manual" on any of this stuff. John Fine and Rob Crowe have decoded a lot of IR signals and I learned by reading what they posted in several forums.

John wrote a number of new/revised tools including DecodeCCF that I used to decode that RC file very quickly.
daveoram

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thanks to everyones help I have got it working, and it appears very much like a video I used to own (I think it was a Goodmans brand). I have uploaded the file to the yahoo section (Matsui_VP9501_VCR.zip).
click Here
In the end Jon, I found most of the info in the Advanced code section of the hifi-remote site - there is details of the 0209 upgrade listed there!

Also found that I could enter the EFC's directly int KM even though they were greater than 255 and it would work correctly

Now all I need to know for this device is how to use the VideoPlus programming system, and what the 2 unknown codes do, but for my use, the device works perfectly!

One thing I would appreciate help on is how to set up my remote to make selection of various components a lot easier - I am rapidly running out of keymove/macro space.

What I am wanting to do is have a key combination to select the eqipment in various rooms (eventually 4 or 5) so the device keys are set up for the devices in that room. What I am doing at the moment is to use macros/keymoves on the AUD device as that has only 12 functions and leaves me plenty of spare buttons - do you think that is the best way to do it? (I know that is a subjective question as what is best for one person is not so good for another - all I am after is ideas on how other people approach the problem)

I am also about to post my remote dump so people can understand better what I an after. Here

Dave
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveoram wrote:
Also found that I could enter the EFC's directly int KM even though they were greater than 255 and it would work correctly

KM does what the remote does, which is reduce the EFC down to a number below 256 by continuously subtracting 256 from it (or in techie terms, doing a MOD/256). So, of the correct EFC is 001 (for example), you could also use 257, 513, 769, etc, etc. The reason some of the code lists on my site show EFCs >255 is because that's how UEI spits them out (in an attempt to confuse us, but HA, we laugh in their face!!!) Smile

daveoram wrote:
One thing I would appreciate help on is how to set up my remote to make selection of various components a lot easier - I am rapidly running out of keymove/macro space.

I would advise starting a new thread for these questions as they will likely go unanswered if they stay buried in a "code search" thread.
daveoram

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info about EFC's, silly me read another thread just after I had posted that reply which explained about the MOD/256 thingy. Sorry you had to repeat yourself.

I really like the extender function which allows two upgrades to operate as one by using the second one as shifted keys. I hadn't really understood it fully in the extender documentation, but I took the plunge and it worked first time - meant I now have more space than what I was anticipating in my remote.

The folks who write these extenders really do come up with some ideas which on the face of it seem wierd and make you wonder how they thought of the idea, but in practice they are the most useful space-saving ideas about!

Dave

Dave
daveoram

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this file at Starbase.com.

Can anyone shed any light on what the in:CC:F5 function (EFC 406) may be?

btw, code 0348 also operates my VCR.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, VCR/0348 uses the NEC2 protocol and VCR/0209 uses NEC1. If your VCR is OK with both codes, my guess is that you should really be using NEC2 (because an NEC1 device would not like receiving NEC2 signals).

If you have any buttons that should repeat when they are held down, you will probably find that they do not repeat properly when you use an NEC1 signal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: