JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PID $0066: Kathrein Protocol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan, can you help us out here?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first learned the PS3 it showed up as the Kathrein protocol, hence the title of this thread. I tried adding the details to PROTOCOLS.INI as covered in earlier posts but could not get anyone to test it.

Since then I reverted to a manual Pid with appropriate settings (Can't remember who told me what they are). So this RM file uses those settings.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8276

So the bottom line is that the OBC codes are correct, but we may have to play tunes on the Protocol.

If you need any raw data let me know what you need.
tombongo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to make it clear, as mdavej mentioned, the PS3 remote is bluetooth.

The Logitech Harmony PS3 Adapter converts IR commands from a Harmony remote to PS3 Bluetooth commands and macros of commands. We are trying to learn/mimic the Harmony remote IR commands sent to the adapter.

This may have been obvious to most, but I wanted to make sure we were all on the same page.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I should have pointed that out as well. The RMDU file is for the adaptor.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
When I first learned the PS3 it showed up as the Kathrein protocol, hence the title of this thread. I tried adding the details to PROTOCOLS.INI as covered in earlier posts but could not get anyone to test it.

Since then I reverted to a manual Pid with appropriate settings (Can't remember who told me what they are). So this RM file uses those settings.

So the bottom line is that the OBC codes are correct, but we may have to play tunes on the Protocol.

If you need any raw data let me know what you need.

Oh Sorry Alan, I wanted the RAW data so that I can see a nice long press of a key. I want to see if/how it repeats. Rob had some other ways he'd recommend learning ( or recording in IRScope) for completeness. It decoded as a Katherin, simply because of the pattern, but when I pulled the timings from the CCF file I see that they are way off.

TomBongo wrote:

This may have been obvious to most, but I wanted to make sure we were all on the same page.

Before Dave mentioned it I was totally clueless.
While we are waiting for some raw data from Alan, you can still try the upgrade to see if I am closer than the original upgrade.

I'd like to know what category this belongs in. What type of device is the PS3?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Oh Sorry Alan, I wanted the RAW data so that I can see a nice long press of a key. I want to see if/how it repeats.

No problem. I'm running IRScope V2.01 BETA, and exporting files in that version has suddenly got very complicated Smile Just tell me what you need and how to do it.

vickyg2003 wrote:
As Tombongo pointed out, technically we are not learning the codes for the Playstation, we are learning the codes for the Harmony IR to Bluetooth controller. So I guess it's 'Misc' Smile

Al
tombongo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:

Good question. Since it is a DVD/Blu-ray player as much as it is a game console, the closest thing would probably be a DVD device.

I say that, and then I realize that we are talking to the adapter and not the actual PS3. The question might be:

What type of device is the Logitech Harmony PS3 Adapter?

EDIT: alanrichey beat me to it!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
Oh Sorry Alan, I wanted the RAW data so that I can see a nice long press of a key. I want to see if/how it repeats.

No problem. I'm running IRScope V2.01 BETA, and exporting files in that version has suddenly got very complicated Smile Just tell me what you need and how to do it.

Since we're talking about a signal that doesn't decode correctly, the best output would be an actual ICT file from an long capture, because I'm not sure what we're going to see after the initial frame.

alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, 3 ICT files for a long press done (5, Red & Up)

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alan, that showed me that this code didn't repeat the same way that a real Katherin signal would.

I've updated the file and put it in the MISC folder. (I've learned a lot about moving files lately if you know what I mean Alan Laughing )
PS3 Harmony Bluetooth Adaptor

tombongo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have programmed my 8820N with the device and protocol upgrades that vickyg2003 posted. It works rather well except for two points so far.

1) I don't see any "power off" macro listed in the functions. It will have to be learned, or I will have to make one myself. I think that I prefer learned to lessen the chance of missed button presses.

2) Navigation often will register a multiple hit on one key press. I hit left and it will move left 1-3 steps. It is very sensitive to duration of button press. The Sony game controller, Sony remote, and Harmony remote all move one step, pause, and then move many steps. They are much more forgiving.

Any thoughts?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tombongo wrote:
I have programmed my 8820N with the device and protocol upgrades that vickyg2003 posted. It works rather well except for two points so far.

1) I don't see any "power off" macro listed in the functions. It will have to be learned, or I will have to make one myself. I think that I prefer learned to lessen the chance of missed button presses.

There was no power button in the CCF. I went back to see if Alan had captured a power button from the Harmony, but he cleaned up after himself, and replaced that file with the ICT's I asked for.

Quote:

2) Navigation often will register a multiple hit on one key press. I hit left and it will move left 1-3 steps. It is very sensitive to duration of button press. The Sony game controller, Sony remote, and Harmony remote all move one step, pause, and then move many steps. They are much more forgiving.

I could try increasing the time between repeats, or I can turn off repeating all together like the CCF had it. I'll think about this tomorrow.

tombongo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will look into the macro a little myself tomorrow.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
There was no power button in the CCF. I went back to see if Alan had captured a power button from the Harmony, but he cleaned up after himself, and replaced that file with the ICT's I asked for.

Sorry Smile OBC for Power OFF is 65.
tombongo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003,
I feel bad having you blindly tweak timing upon request since you do not have the hardware. Is there a way for me to play with timing and give you the final result?

alanrichey,
Do you know how to mess with the timing since you do have the hardware?

- Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: