JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer Blu-Ray and RCA TV UEIC codes extracted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Pioneer Blu-Ray and RCA TV UEIC codes extracted Reply with quote

I got my hands on yet ANOTHER Cox URC 7820B (JP1.3) remote and this one is PACKED with upgrades from UEIC. I did a comparison of these vs. the lookup tool and found two NEW ones. They are:

TV/0199 (RCA Dev 15 fixed data FF);
and
DVD/0394 (Pioneer Mix Dev1 161, Dev2 175, Cmd1 129, Fixed data 7A 7E 00 00 00 0A)

These are not remarkable as they are (mostly) mimicked by other files in the file section, but I found them slightly interesting as they are apparently new UEIC Setup codes (NOT in the lookup tool library (yet?)) and:

(1) The RCA TV upgrade included a few transport commands that I did not see in the handful of RCA TV upgrades I tested (Play, Pause, FF, Rew);
(2) The Pioneer Blu-ray upgrade included a protocol upgrade for the 007E protocol, but according to RM, such an upgrade is not required.

Why would UEIC add the protocol upgrade for a protocol already included in the remote's ROM?

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Pioneer Blu-Ray and RCA TV UEIC codes extracted Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
Why would UEIC add the protocol upgrade for a protocol already included in the remote's ROM?
A newer/different/better version perhaps?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume these codes were in the literature, and this had the 30463046 signature? Codes found in the upgrade areas of remotes have not been loaded into the lookup tool.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I assume these codes were in the literature, and this had the 30463046 signature? Codes found in the upgrade areas of remotes have not been loaded into the lookup tool.
Yes, it is the 3046 sig.

Nope, none of the upgrades were in the booklet that came with the remote. But the remote had sixteen device upgrades in it (and two protocol upgrades) and EVERY ONE of the other fourteen corresponded exactly to one of the codes in your lookup table, Vick. I am pretty confident in my assessment that there were no user-inserted upgrades in this remote. It was received in a sealed plastic wrapping from the Cox folks with the shrink-wrapped batteries and manual et al.

Mark Pearson wrote:
A newer/different/better version perhaps?
Perhaps, although it matched exactly the "hidden" protocol code for 007E in KM for this processor-family of remotes.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gut feeling says that one of our members had their hands on this remote, but I also wonder if these upgrades were added because they were for devices that handle cableCARDs.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Pioneer Blu-Ray and RCA TV UEIC codes extracted Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:

When UEI updates a protocol, rather than making things difficult (like we do) by trying to determine if the new protocol is needed when an upgrade is added that uses it, they just logically delete the protocol from their database for this remote, which makes their tools think that a protocol upgrade is needed. So I'm assuming this is what happened here, even though as you point out, the protocol itself didn't really change.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: