JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need URC-8910 WAV file for Pioneer Service Remote
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big C

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the multi-region IR code, in order to hack a US model Pioneer Blu-ray player, I need GGF1381 so I can select from different models. I have a URC 8910 modem upgradable remote which can be updated by playing WAV files. Could someone either post a WAV edition of the existing TXT file, or else tell me how to convert it myself? Thanks, guys. It would save me between $80-$100 on a Harmony.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_C, it is best if you create your own WAV file. That way you can decide where you want the functions. For as powerful as the tools are this is not an overly complicated procedure.
You'll need a download some tools from the file section

CAUTION, This process will delete any previous upgrades that you've received via modem.

You need to download thise files

IR,
IRtoWav,
RDF's and Images,
the upgrade that needs to converted
- and -
RM (RemoteMaster) and its java libraries
- or -
KM (Keymaster) to be used with Microsoft's Excel

Open the upgrade in RM or KM
Change the Remote to be the URC-8910
Check out the BUTTONS tab to make sure the functions are on the keys you want them

Open IR
Set the RDF Paths
do a file->New and select the URC-8910 from the dropdown
Select the Device Tab
Select Add
Copy the device from RM or KM
Paste into IR

If there is a "Required Protocol" listed,
Select the Protocol Tab in IR
Select ADD
Copy the required protocol
From the File menu in IR do a
export to WAV
select ->UPGRADES

Put the Remote into the modem mode
Play the wav

Then assign the setup code to a device the same way you would have for a built in setup code. You'll find the device/number and type in KM or RM. (I think the upgrade you are going to use was set up to be DVD/2000)

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Big C

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read Braille, use screen magnification, and talking screenreading software. My talking screenreading software doesn't seem to be working with Remote Master. Maybe it would help if someone makes a WAV for the URC 8910 and then lists which buttons on the 8910 perform Pioneer service remote functions. Thanks in advance for your time and understanding.
Big C

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it would make things easier, here is the multi-region hack for Pioneer Blu-ray players.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a WAV file. I've included a text file describing the key assignments. Haven't read the PDF yet.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pronto Hex in the PDF does not match the codes from the service menu upgrade. This hack apparently uses the extended Pioneer codes, I've forgotten the specifics of these extended code sets, other than the decode as Gap signals, or am I thinking of Yamaha.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Big C

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Here's a WAV file. I've included a text file describing the key assignments. Haven't read the PDF yet.
A few questions. Once the 1381 template has been installed, should I choose DVD/2000 or VCR/2000? Also, do any of the GGF1381 buttons send that special multi-region IR signal that was posted here a few years ago?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you want the region free hack that was discussed in one of your other posts. I have not checked to see if this is the one for the BluRay, I mearly found Rob's Upgrade and converted it to a WAV file.

DVD/2000 The key is STOP

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8244

3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should use the WAV file Vicky posted, because it has both the service remote and the region free hack. Mine didn't include the region free hack.

However, she doesn't seem to have included the mapping of the keys other than the region free hack. There is no reason to think that she choose the same mapping that I used. So you probably need to wait until she posts the mapping.
Big C

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I think you want the region free hack that was discussed in one of your other posts. I have not checked to see if this is the one for the BluRay, I mearly found Rob's Upgrade and converted it to a WAV file.

DVD/2000 The key is STOP

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8244
If you read the PDF, I need GGF1381 for phase 1 of the procedure. Then for phase 2, I believe the old JP1 Pioneer region hack should work. Does GGF1381 have a button that will send the multi-region IR code posted here a few years ago?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky's WAV file has the multi-region hack shown in Phase 2, and it is mapped to the Stop key using DVD 2000.

She also included GGF1381 using Cable 2000. I think however, she didn't map the mon-a function (presumably the AMON function listed in Phase 1) to a key, so I don't think you can do Phase 1, yet.

I don't know which multi-region hack "posted a few years ago" you are referring to.
Big C

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Vicky's WAV file has the multi-region hack shown in Phase 2, and it is mapped to the Stop key using DVD 2000.

She also included GGF1381 using Cable 2000. I think however, she didn't map the mon-a function (presumably the AMON function listed in Phase 1) to a key, so I don't think you can do Phase 1, yet.

I don't know which multi-region hack "posted a few years ago" you are referring to.
I was thinking of using the GGF1381 WAV file made by 3FG for Phase 1 of the PDF. Then, for Phase 2 of the PDF, I was thinking of using the multi-region WAV posted in 2008.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wrong. Vicky used the 2008 region free WAV file and incorporated it into her new WAV file.

So I think your approach of loading first the 3FG WAV file and then the 2008 WAV file should work.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spent most of the evening re-reading old threads so I could get myself back up to speed and understand what's going on here, so for the benefit of anyone that's having trouble following here's a recap.

Big_C wants to do two things, first he wants to use the Pioneer Service Remote GGF1381 to change his DVD player to a Region 2 player, then he wants to use the Pioneer Region Free hack to make it region free.

This thread discusses the Service Remote:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4239

The upgrade that replicates the service remote is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1367

The Pioneer Region Free Hack was discussed in this thread:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3239

The region free hack code uses a non-standard version of the Pioneer protocol, and the upgrade file is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3474

The PDF file that Big_C linked to has two phases. The first phase is the one that requires the GGF1381 service remote. The second phase is the one that requires the region free hack. The Pronto hex snippet in the PDF is the code that the region free hack upgrade replicates (and you'll notice that it's identical to the pronto hex in the region free thread).

The service remote bottons needed for the original DVR-520HS hack were:
ESC
STEREO
CLEAR
STOP
SEARCH
numbers

The service remote buttons needed for this new 1080p/50 PAL hack are:
ESC
DISPLAY
MON-A
TEST
SIDE-B
numbers

I have created a WAV file that includes both upgrades, the service remote is called DVD/2000 and the region free hack is called DVD/2001.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8247

The region free code is assigned to the POWER button. The button mapping for the service remote is as follows:

Pioneer --> URC-8910
ESC = Exit
STEREO = Swap
CLEAR = Enter
STOP = Stop
SEARCH = Select
DISPLAY = Info
MON-A = Menu
TEST = Guide
SIDE-A = Left Arrow
SIDE-B = Right Arrow
numbers = numbers
Big C

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a Pioneer BD player at this time, but I tested the new GGF1381 template by switching my Pioneer SD players in and out of service mode and it works just fine and I should be ready. I was also going through the various service mode functions and I have noticed that the WAV versions of GGF1381 include the CHAPTER/TIME key, but not the CHAP key, which seems to be required for displaying model information for the SD players. In order to make service procedures/hacks easier, I assigned the multi-region IR hack to the L1 button of my URC10820, which I use for normal home theater operation. Now my URC8910 is strictly a GGF1381. 3FG's WAV edition of the GGF1381 seems to have all the buttons, except for the CHAP key. Could someone please revise it by adding the CHAP key? Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: