JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need Slingbox PL BIN for Patriot Box Office media player
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fb21010

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Need Slingbox PL BIN for Patriot Box Office media player Reply with quote

Below is a link I found to a keymap file for the Patriot Box Office media player.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7690

I used RemoteMaster and confirmed the hex codes in the file with another source. The codes are the same.

When I exported to Slingbox PL BIN and tested it with SlingPlayer 2.0, the power toggle didn't work. The command did go through the IR lead to the Patriot Box Office. I verified this with my cellphone camera. Maybe the IR Protocol is not NEC1? If anyone can help, I would be grateful. Thanks in advance.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put this on my Harmony remote and checked it and can confirm it is the NEC1 protocol. But I didn't see a Device number in that keymap, did you use 73 ?

I have built an RMDU file from the learn and uploaded it at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8188

Any good ?
fb21010

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Need Slingbox PL BIN for Patriot Box Office media player Reply with quote

Hi Alan,

Thanks for uploading the RMDU file. It worked flawlessly. All the hex codes in your file differs from the ones that were in that keymap file link I've posted in the earlier post. Also, below is an image of the Patriot remote that someone else mapped, from the Patriot forum, using the same code from that keymap file which didn't work for me.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/7479/boxofficeremotecodes.jpg

You said that you used the Harmony to retrieve the codes. How did you extract the codes and IR protocol that are learned by the Harmony remote? I used the learn function on the Harmony remote but do not see any details about the code. I'm just curious since I am interested in being able to gather these codes myself and get it into Remote Master to work with my Slingbox. Thanks in advance and for your help so far.

P.S. - On your RMDU file, there were a few buttons mislabeled.

The Exit button is actually Return.
The Chapter is actually Prev.
The Zoom is Enter/Zoom
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it works.

I simply use the Harmony as a way to 'mimic' the original remote when I don't have access to it. I learn the codes the same way anyone else using an IR Widget and IRSCOPE.EXE

Cheers

Al
ray1013

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Patriot Sling Media Reply with quote

Great Job Alan, I have been messing around with this for a while and although I have got the sling to react to the default codes you created one important one does not work "select/enter/ok" the center button. The Patriot box responds to this button but with it's "circle slash" icon indicating an error...but the arrows work, setup, browser, I just can't select anything. I am using Sling Media V2.0 U.S. version....I have tried re-mapping using remote master without any luck. any ideas? Thank You for all the work you have done so far!
jimdunn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see Alan's file, because it's not there any more - but I can offer this.

I have a similar device, a no-name Chinese clone, based on the same Realtek 1073 chipset, but my version uses different EFCs and device 0,
(so I'm not linking here to the upgrade - in case it confuses...)

but what I did discover is that there is often confusion between "Select" and "Enter" on these devices. They are 2 separate codes with separate functions.

I notice both are available in the original file, but I don't know which one Alan mapped or included in his file, because I can't see the rmdu.

I do know (from reading the PBO forums) that the default device for the Harmony sometimes uses the wrong one when you download from Logitech - it can use Enter, when you need Select. Lots of users in their forum commented on that.

So if Alan used the Harmony Device, you might need to remap this function.

Edit:

I went ahead and downloaded to my wife's Harmony from Logitech.
(and the buttons seem correctly mapped - maybe they fixed the issue I refer to above)
Anyway, the Harmony codes seem to be:

NEC1: Device 73

Select: EFC 117
Enter: EFC 055

So maybe you could try those.

One other thing to note:
although the signals decode as NEC1, I got better results on my device with NEC2, in that things like arrow keys and volume repeat when held in.
{which is actually better than the OEM remote supplied !)

Last edited by jimdunn on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:47 pm; edited 8 times in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
I put this on my Harmony remote and checked it and can confirm it is the NEC1 protocol. But I didn't see a Device number in that keymap, did you use 73 ?

I have built an RMDU file from the learn and uploaded it at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8188

Any good ?

I get a "file not found" message when I try to download this file.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
alanrichey wrote:

Any good ?

I get a "file not found" message when I try to download this file.

Yeah - that's why I was a bit vague above - if I could have seen what Alan did, I maybe could have used the little extra knowledge I have from owning the similar device to make a better "guess" Smile
ray1013

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Code 055 Reply with quote

it worked....the default code for select was EFC 117 so I changed it to EFC 055 and it worked fine...I left all the other items at default. Thanks for the help!!!!!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found Alan's file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8197

and I updated it with the revised codes. Funnily enough, EFC 055 was in there as "Zoom".
jimdunn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I found Alan's file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8197

and I updated it with the revised codes. Funnily enough, EFC 055 was in there as "Zoom".

Ok

I think I solved the confusion (by looking up the PBO manual):

On this device, unlike my clone, Zoom is not a separate EFC, but a "shared" key.

Here's the PBO remote, from the online manual
(it's different to my remote, which uses Select in the middle of the arrows)

So Enter/Zoom should be 055 (which is also how both functions decode from the Harmony)
Select presumably is 117

The problem was which key gets mapped to the one in the centre of the arrow keys - I think Alan chose Select, instead of Enter/Zoom.

I knew enough to know swapping the efc's might work, as it indeed did, but now that I see the pbo remote the rmdu will need editing again to reflect the names on the OEM remote.

Last edited by jimdunn on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you've all been busy while I was in bed Smile As you figured out, the original URL pointed to my test file and once it was proven I uploaded it to the proper area and deleted the 'working' one.

Once someone has confirmed the RMDU file has been fixed I will update the full download package.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
I see you've all been busy while I was in bed Smile As you figured out, the original URL pointed to my test file and once it was proven I uploaded it to the proper area and deleted the 'working' one.

Once someone has confirmed the RMDU file has been fixed I will update the full download package.

I think you can edit it Alan, as the owner/uploader.

I can't, which is why I didn't Smile

I've put one in the diagnosis area, here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8255

You should be able to just upload that in place of your file.

I changed :
Function: Enter/Zoom -> EFC 055 (and mapped to the "centre" button between the arrows in the Layout)
Function: Select -> EFC 117 (I mapped this to the key bottom right on the number pad with the back arrow symbol - seemed the place, and you had nothing else there.)

That should cover it Smile

Jim
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks, got that. But before I upload it I wonder if there is another change I need to make ?

When I learned the codes from my Harmony I didn't see a 'Prev' or 'Next' command so I allocated 'Skip' and 'Insreplay' to the Skip+/- buttons.

I see from the discussion that the 'Chapter' function is actually the 'Prev' function. So should I map the 'Chapter' code to the 'Skip-' button ?

And is the 'Skip' function the correct mapping for the 'Skip+' button ?

Al
jimdunn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the original posters who have the PBO would need to check that.

My device is different, as we've seen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: