JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer X-MT2000/XR-MT3 cd player/HTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitegoose

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Pioneer X-MT2000/XR-MT3 cd player/HTS Reply with quote

1. Device: Pioneer X-MT2000/XR-MT3
2. Type of device: HTS/ CD Mini System
3. Year: 2000
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Atlas 1055 (Rogers Cable) - no learning
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? no
6. Still have original remote? yes. Pioneer AXD7261
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? not as of yet
10. Learning remote question? n/a

I've been having a lot of difficulty finding any info on this. I have just about everything working properly on my 1055 (minus a couple things on my BD player and TV). this is the only thing i cant get working...

the Pioneer remote is an AXD7261.

Pioneer files the unit under their Pioneer Elite > Older Models and Pioneer Audio Systems > Older Models. here's a link to the page
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Support/HomeEntertainment/HomeTheaterSystems/ci.X-MT2000.Support

looking up my audio system on Logitech's site, apparently there are some harmony's that can operate this unit. on the URCSuport site, all the codes listed do not work as far as I can tell (main functions like power and volume).

I'm starting to think the only way I'm going to get this thing to work is converting my remote to a learning remote.

If anyone has any tips please let me know.

Thanks!
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have your tried Setup Code Audio 1384? Carefully? It really ought to control at least volume. Actually, I would expect it to control lots of functions, and you should try a variety of buttons.

Do you have Volume Punchthrough set to control volume via the Audio device button? Otherwise it may send volume commands to the TV device.
whitegoose

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response.

I think I do have the volume locked to the tv and set the efc code for volume while in tv or cbl so it won't flash the tv then cabl leds when you control the volume.

Thing is, I think I tried that code prior to all that.

Also, when I'm in the aud mode ad press vol up/down the aud led and then cbl led light up and the tv volume doesn't change.

Not sure if I'm missing anything here...
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand you correctly, you have have VPT set to TV, and have attempted to override that by using a keymove onto the volume keys. And, it sounds like pressing the volume keys causes both the TV and CBl device LEDs to blink.

Not all of those things can be valid at the same time. Furthermore, it only makes sense to assign an EFC to a button if you have a known setup code.

Since apparently both TV and CBL LEDs light when you press volume, you may have a macro assigned to the volume keys. Let's clear that macro by:
1) Press Setup until 2 blinks
2) Enter 995 (2 blinks)
3) Press Volume +
4) Press and hold Setup until 2 blinks.
Repeat for volume -

Let's also clear any keymove on Audio:
1) Press Audio
2) Press Setup until 2 blinks
3) Enter 994
4) Press Setup (2 blinks)
5) Press Vol+ twice (2 blinks)
Repeat for Vol -

There are several way to setup VPT, but for testing let's set it so that the volume buttons in Audo control the Audio device.
1. Press Audio
2. Press Setup until 2 blinks
3. Enter 993
4. Press Vol - (4 blinks)

Now assign Setup code 1384 to Audio.
1. Press Audio
2. Press Setup until 2 blinks
3. Enter 1384 (2 blinks)

Now try lots of the buttons on the remote, and tell us what happens.
whitegoose

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill give that a shot when I get home.

Just to clarify though, there was another thread on here where a guy with a rogers uei remote. He when he pushed the volume btns on his remote for the tv, the volume would increment while the tv led flashed, then the cbl led would flash. To stop that it was suggested that he program the efc's for the volume up n down keys. I did the same.

So I don't think there is any macros programed on there. Again, I'll try what you suggested when I'm at home but from my memory, that code didn't work.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I remember that thread, and it probably means that no macro is involved. But have you assigned an EFC to Vol +/- in Audio device mode? If so, that EFC and the associated IR protocol, will still be in effect even though you program in a different setup code. That's why I think it is important to clear any keymoves on Vol+/- for Audio mode. And I can't see any downside to clearing possible macros.

When you do try Audio 1384, make sure to try the transport keys as well as power, volume, etc.
whitegoose

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've tried. No luck. Aud 1384 gives me no functions that I can see happen from any button pressing.

I followed all the steps provided. And when I entered the efc I did it only in cbl mode, not aud.

Thanks for the help so far.
whitegoose

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i guess no one else has any ideas on this...

bump
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Audio 1023?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to check with Pioneer and see if they'll give you the IR codes. They publish many of them.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Pioneer X-MT2000/XR-MT3 cd player/HTS Reply with quote

whitegoose wrote:
1. Device: Pioneer X-MT2000/XR-MT3
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Atlas 1055 (Rogers Cable) - no learning
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? no

In case you ever do get a JP1 cable, Found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: