JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kenwood KR-A5060 Receiver/Tuner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marc999

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Kenwood KR-A5060 Receiver/Tuner Reply with quote

1. Device: Kenwood KR-A5060 Audio Receiver/Tuner
2. Type of device: Audio Receiver/Tuner
3. Year: 1996 (approx)
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Cox-URC-7820B
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes. Model RC-R0503
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes. Found file jorg-wissemann_ccf.zip but NEC1 AUD codes do not work.
9. Partially working setup code? No. Previous setup code of 1027 worked perfectly on old remote, Cox-URC-7810
10. Learning remote question? Tried to learn the old remove buttons to the 7820B but it did not work.

This is an old piece of equipment so I may be asking for the impossible, but if anyone can help it would be appreciated. 10Q.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Audio (AUX) 1569 or 1570 should work. This matches Audio 1027 from the old remote, and the CCF file.

By the way, not that you should need it for this situation, is your JP1 cable for JP1.3 or JP1? I suppose that the 7810 is a JP1 remote, but the 7820B is a JP1.3. The interfaces are quite different.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are really just 2 codesets for Kenwood amps and receivers. The old codeset uses NEC1 with device code 184 and no sub-device code. The newer codeset uses NEC1 with device code 184 and a variety of sub-device codes, but the main functions use sub-device 0.

If your receiver uses the old codeset, try this upgrade...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7887

If it uses the newer codeset, you could try any of the other Kenwood upgrades in the file section, but here's one example...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=436
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given Rob's comments, I checked again. The CCF file shows a subdevice of 0, while the Lookup Tool says that 1027 has no declared subdevice.
So these two sources conflict slightly.
If your cable is a JP1.3, then you can load the upgrades Rob linked.

If it is a JP1 and the Audio 1569/1570 setup codes don't work, try the followng EFCs, which will send device 184 without an explicit subdevice:
Vol+ 58083
Vol- 57955
Mute 57859
Assuming that you have 1569 or 1570 as the setup code, press Setup briefly, and then enter the 5 digit EFC while pointing the remote at the Kenwood. The IR signal is sent when you press the 5th digit.
If you want to assign these codes (and others) to buttons use the 994 EFC keymove instructions.

To find other EFCs, use the Lookup Tool linked at the top of this page, and do a Device Search on Audio 1027, if 1569/1570 doesn't work natively
Marc999

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman & 3FG - you guys are great. Thanks for your help.

The old codeset without the sub-device worked perfectly. I uploaded (JP1.3) to the RC and with a little tweaking was able to customize the buttons to my liking.

I really appreciate your assistance.

Marc
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: