JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Device toggler or Device combiner?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joball70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Device toggler or Device combiner? Reply with quote

I am still kind of a newbie at this jp1 stuff. I have a vizio vur8 remote, which only comes with 4 physical device keys. but has a dev4, dev5, dev7 &dev8 on it also in ir.exe.

I did a full upgrade on the dvd device button

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7925

I can't believe it worked, but was persistant.

I want to add my ps3(nyko blu-wave) to the dvd device key.

I search everywhere on how to do this. It seems i need to use device toggler or device combiner. Do i need to make my own protocol for doing this- having 2 device codes on one device key? Where is the best or latest links for info on device toggler & device combiner?

P.S. I found an old link for device toggler by john fine

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Special%20Protocols/DeviceToggler.txt

however, it is for older remotes.

Also, thx to all the jp1 pro's for supplying all the info out there for us....
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the remote support macros? If it does, the simplest solution would be to program the additional devices to the hidden device modes, then program macros that include the hidden device buttons (ie, dev4, dev5, etc).

To make a new device button for dev5 (for example), pick an unused button and program a 1-step macro where dev5 is the only step.

If you don't have any spare buttons for this, you could use the shifted device buttons. You could program the macro to shift/DVD for example.
joball70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: wooootttt--it works! Reply with quote

A big thanks to u, Robman!

Yep, the vizio vur8 does support macros....

First, i made the one-step macro---i had dev5 free as a matter of fact.....

i put an old nyko upgrade file into device upgrade i had from a different remote into my current vur8 ir file--buttons were all wrong of course on the vizio remote---but just made a keymove on the ok button---just to test it out.

then, i just tested the ok(select) key efc on the ps3 and it worked.....

now to build a device upgrade for ps3......

thx again, robman!!!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you have to do is pick your remote model from the remote drop down and assign whatever didn't get assigned automatically. You are starting with THIS upgrade, right?
joball70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep.....going to use that upgrade file.....and auto assign & see what is left to program.

but will have to do it later.....heading off to work. i should call in sick----this is 2 much fun.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just in case you ever need the device toggler, or any other special protocol, rather than looking in the old Yahoo folder where everything is WAY out of date, you should look in the current Special Protocols folder, and specifically look in the Special Protocols spreadsheet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: