JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Observations on the RCA RCRP05B Remote's Behavior
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wnewell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to manually reassign the cable button too and failed. In rmir I can change the assignment for it, but didn't upload it and test it. My serial port is hooked to a UPS so it's a little of a hassle to hook up my jp1.x cable. If someone else doesn't jump in with a verification, I'll give it a shot.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that the RCRP05B can be programmed by JP1 cable so that the CBL device button is reassigned to some other device.

Specifically, I assigned AUD to the CBL button, used setup code 1289, and learned the signal it sent. It sent Audio 1289.

I set VPT for the AUD button to TV, and the CBL button to CBL. After pressing the CBL button and then Vol, the remote sent Audio 1289 Volume signals.

So I think that device button reassignment works fine if programmed by JP1 cable.
jrf2027

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cable's on the way, I'm sure I'll be back with more questions...thanks!
jrf2027

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cable arrived yesterday. I can also confirm that the CBL/SAT device button can be reprogrammed to another device using IR.exe. It's operating my VCR like a charm now. Just make sure to unlock the channel control...

I'm a JP1 newbie, so I'm still playing around with programming my remote. All of my equipment except for an Insignia Blu-Ray player is already in the remote, and I've found the advanced codes to program that thanks to mdavej's work in the Insignia forums. After I get the basic work done, I'll be moving on to macros, etc.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrf2027 wrote:
All of my equipment except for an Insignia Blu-Ray player is already in the remote, and I've found the advanced codes to program that thanks to mdavej's work in the Insignia forums.

You don't need advanced codes, if you have a JP1 cable you can load te upgrade for the Blu-Ray into the remote:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7419
jrf2027

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
You don't need advanced codes, if you have a JP1 cable you can load te upgrade for the Blu-Ray into the remote:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7419

I found that file before, but when I uploaded it last night, some of the buttons did strange things when controlling the Blu-Ray player - for instance, my right arrow key functioned as a second OK key, and my up and down arrow keys didn't work at all.

However, I was operating on an old RDF file for the RCRP05B, and only found the newer one with the map and JPG file today. After I get home I'm going to update those files and then try that upgrade file again. But if it still exhibits strange behavior I have the advanced codes to fall back on.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used that file with a couple of different remotes now and can confirm it's correct. Open the file you originally downloaded in RM using the new RDF/Map, pick your remote model from the Remote drop-down, and verify all the functions are mapped to the right buttons, then paste it back into IR.

If you're new to RM, you may not realize you can just drag and drop the functions onto buttons on the Buttons and Layout tabs, or R-click a button and get a pick list of functions. But most of them should get mapped automatically.
jrf2027

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej,

I'm fairly certain my issues last night were an ID-10T error on my end. Very Happy

I am still new to this whole game and learning as much as I can. Hopefully I can contribute something useful to this forum eventually!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrf2027 wrote:
I'm fairly certain my issues last night were an ID-10T error on my end. Very Happy

Is that your license plate ??? Smile
jrf2027

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
jrf2027 wrote:

Ouch... Embarassed

Just uploaded mdavej's upgrade for the Insignia Blu-Ray player, works perfectly with the latest RDF/map (submitted by R2-M0, last updated December 12, 2009).

But seriously, thanks for all the help guys.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrf2027 wrote:
The Robman wrote:
jrf2027 wrote:

Ouch... Embarassed

I was just kidding, because in England that number format could very well be an actual license plate, where the "T" would indicate that the car was made in 1978.
jrf2027

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only I were a '78 model... Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrf2027 wrote:
If only I were a '78 model... Smile

More like a '57 Chevy, eh?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: