JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lutron Maestro Lights and RS 15-100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarIV

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Lutron Maestro Lights and RS 15-100 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have had problems setting up my RS 15-100 to work with my Lutron Maestro light switches. I tried all the device upgrades I could find, but nothing worked, so I resorted to just learning the codes. DecodeIR was unable to decipher the commands. See the IR file here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7865 for the learned commands.

Not being content with the learned solution, however, I decided to track down why.

The "Lutron" protocol 00E7 supposedly built into the 15-100 appears to not generate an IR signal even close to what it should be. I verified this by using another remote to learn the transmission from the 15-100 when using the available Lutron device upgrade, then downloading the learned signal. As an example, here is the bit string I get for "On", with the expected bit string below it:

FFFF82BD0 --> Generated by current Lutron upgrade file and stock 00E7 protocol
FF8884B80 --> From Lutron code document

So both the device and instruction portions are incorrect. I started by checking the function codes in RM for the Lutron upgrade against the Lutron document. The Full On OBC does not match the Lutron document. Changing that still didn't solve the problem, so then I looked into why the device portion was incorrect.

I opened protocol.ini and used the Lutron entry to make a second Lutron (New) protocol with a new id 00E6 so that I could load it into the remote. After loading the protocol, I got the following IR command:

FF84B80

Everything looks good except for the missing byte in the device section. I copied my Lutron (New) protocol into protocol builder and noticed that under the device section the number of bits in the second device byte was set to 0 instead of eight. This explained the missing byte. I changed the value to 8, plus updated some of the timing numbers and duty cycle to match the Lutron spec and created the following protocol:

Upgrade protocol 0 = 00 E6 (S3F80) Lutron (New) (RM v1.98beta6a)
4C 78 22 8B 0E 8F 01 08 08 04 78 00 00 00 00 04
64 11 E0 8D 01 46
End

Uploading this to the remote now has my lights obeying my every command. Hopefully this info will help someone else out. I have also included my Lutron rmdu file below.

JaguarIV

Code:

Description=Lutron Maestro
Remote.name=RS 15-100
Remote.signature=30603060
DeviceType=Home Auto
DeviceIndex=3
SetupCode=597
Protocol=00 E6
Protocol.name=Lutron (New)
ProtocolParms=255
FixedData=FF 88
Notes=Lutron Graphik Eye / Spacer / Maestro
Function.0.name=Full On
Function.0.hex=84 B8
Function.1.name=Full Off
Function.1.hex=BD 12
Function.2.name=Dim Down
Function.2.hex=82 14
Function.3.name=Dim Up
Function.3.hex=82 22
Function.4.name=Preset
Function.4.hex=84 B7
Function.5.name=Toggle
Function.5.hex=82 2D
Function.5.notes=Same as wall switch
Button.3=Toggle|null|null
Button.31=Dim Up|null|null
Button.32=Dim Down|null|null
Button.35=Preset|null|null
Button.2a=Full On|null|null
Button.2b=Full Off|null|null
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's wonderful work. One comment. Your RMDU file is MUCH more useful if you upload the actual file to the appropriate section of the Devices area of the File Section (see link at the top). there is no easy way to import your text from your post into RM.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what the problem is here. We wrote our own executor for the Lutron protocol which should be used instead of the cumbersome executor that UEI wrote.

The reason that RM didn't present you with a protocol upgrade is because the RDF has an entry for the $00E7 protocol in the [Protocols] section. If you delete that entry RM will present you with a protocol upgrade and everything should work OK.

Alternatively, just use this protocol:

Upgrade protocol 0 = 00 E7 (S3F80) Lutron (RM v1.98beta6a)
3F 85 22 8B 0E 8F 01 08 08 04 78 00 00 00 00 04
66 11 CB 8D 01 46
End

Here is an RDF for you:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7893
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: