JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Recovering a (dead?) Atlas OCAP 1056 remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sriram

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Recovering a (dead?) Atlas OCAP 1056 remote Reply with quote

I was playing around with my remote today and something must have gone wrong and now my atlas ocap 1056 is unresponsive.

The device selection keys are completely unresponsive and do not light up. Pressing other keys will turn on the backlight.

JP1 downloading and uploading seems to work fine. I've tried setting macros to turn off the extender, but they seem to have no effect (I was using the 2.1 extender)

Any hints on what to do?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not very familiar with the JP1.3 extenders so I'm guessing here.

It sounds like your extender might be corrupt. You might want to post your current IR file, or at least save it off, and reload the extender. If you did anything wrong in your IR file, using a bad protocol, using a keymove on a device that wasn't in the remote....You could have gotten the remote to do a reset, wiping out part or all of the extender.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
sriram

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried uploading a ir file which works fine in my other remote and still no go Sad

I also compared the ir file I got from downloading from the remote to the one I uploaded and they are identical.
tennessee titan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

981 reset??
sriram

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, backlight comes on when I press set; no double flash; nothing happens after I press 981.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the extender is "active" in the remote, uploading any extended IR file with the "right" version should allow you to deactivate. (Right = same version as was in the remote)

I would load either the IR file that was distributed with the extender (early versions) or a virgin-extended IR file that you create, make sure you map the Deactivate function to a real key. Then press deactivate.

IF that doesn't work, PM me and we can take this off line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: