JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Gateway connected DVD Player
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've slightly modified Dan's original file: I copied the Notes on the Function sheet over to the Function column, and made the appropriate changes on the Buttons sheet. I also added a few aditional button assignments that I though made sense. The file can still be found at the link Rob provided.
dmcgee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I think my ignorance is showing. That all went right over my head. There were buttons on the oem remote for things like Angle Subtitle, Zoom, etc., but I didn't have a corresponding button on my 15-1994. If you scroll down to the bottom of the function page in the keymaster spreadsheet, you will see all the codes for the buttons I didn't know what to do with. I do understand that they "should" be assigned to the appropriate button, but I don't know how to do that.

---Dan---
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea is to go ahead and define the functions even if there are no matching buttons on the remote. Then when somebody else downloads your upgrade and tries to use it with another remote that does have corresponding buttons, they can just assign the functions to the buttons, they don't have to go through the hassle of defining the functions first.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,

Take a look at my revised version of your file (download it and open it in KM).

As TimH mentioned, you had several undefined functions at the end of the Functions sheet. A function MUST have a name in the first column, along with an EFC or OBC code to be valid. All I did was take what you entered in the Notes column, and copied it into the Function column. Now, they're all available for assignment to buttons on the Buttons sheet. I also changed and added some button assignments based on the changes made to the Function sheet.

For future reference, think of buttons on the OEM remote as the functions to be entered in KM.

If the OEM remote has a Zoom button, the function name should be Zoom, etc (also remember that the list displayed on the Functions sheet is just a generic list to get you started... you can change or delete any that don't make sense).

Then when you go to the Buttons sheet, you assign those functions to buttons that make the most sense to you.
dmcgee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see now! That's great. Thanks for all the help. My source at Gateway tells me this was a hot item so hopefully someone else will get some use from it. I couldn't find the info at any of the other sites (eg. remote central), so maybe we're the first.

----Dan----
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: