JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Emersen EWC1301 tv/vcr combo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cin3000

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What code do I use for my TV? That's what I'm wanting to use more.
cin3000

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0000 did not work for the VCR following the directions you said.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patience, Grasshopper. These steps are necessary. When we confirm what codes partially work, we can determine all the other codes. No one knows the TV codes yet. So please tell us if VCR 0000 and 205 worked first.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VCR 0000 Should give you control of your Emerson TV/VCR Combo EW-1301. What functions are you missing for the TV portion?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
cin3000

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0000 and 205 DID NOT work.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cin, since VCR 0000 is not working, I'm afraid that you might have a defective remote or that the infrared recieiver on the TV/VCR unit is not working. You can check to see if the remote is sending signals by looking at it throught a digitial camera, like the one ony a cell phone. The Ir emitter should appear "light up" when you press a button while viewing through the digitial camera.

Since we have an upgrade in the files section for an Emerson TV/vcr combo model ew1301 which matches VCR 0000, I'm pretty sure we have the right codes.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
cin3000

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried looking at my remote from my cell phone and it does appear to 'light up'
I have a working remote but the codes aren't working. What other options do I have?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I tried looking at my remote from my cell phone and it does appear to 'light up'. I have a working remote but the codes aren't working. What other options do I have?

Since I found an exact match on the model number on your TV/VCR combo in our files section, and that upgrade matches the VCR/0000 found in your remote, and since your remote's IR emitter is lighting up when a buttton is pushed, and your TV/VCR is not responding, leads me to believe that your IR Receiver in the TV/VCR may be malfunctioning. I don't think that any remote would work with this unit without a repair.

I think your only option is to move on to the Panasonic TV/VCR. What model is the Panasonic?

cin3000

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Panasonic TV/VCR combo's model number is PV-C-1322 and it was manufactured in June of 2002.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find anything with an exact match for that model. That remote doesn't have much Panasonic support built in either. That would be my first guess for the TV/VCR combo. But try all the Panasonic TVs and all the Panasonic VCR codes listed and look for any functionality.

Try TV/0250 first. Any reaction from your TV at all?

eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Radio Shack 6-in-one Smart A/V Remote Reply with quote

cin3000 wrote:
1. Device: Emerson EWC1301
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: 15-1994

Just in case you get a cable, I found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: