JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Gateway connected DVD Player
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmcgee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Gateway connected DVD Player Reply with quote

Are the codes for the new Gateway connected DVD player available?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a "Gateway connected DVD player"? Do you have one, and if so, do you have a remote for it? Which JP1 remotes do you have?
dmcgee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Gateway Connected DVD player Reply with quote

Hi Rob,
It's been awhile since I posted here (the forum was still at Yahoo). A Gateway Connected DVD player is a DVD player that is at least marketed by Gateway (better known for their computers) perhaps they made it too - who knows. It's claim to fame is that it also acts as a media hub and can pull video, images, and sound from your computer through a computer network (wired or wireless). More details can be found at
http://reviews.cnet.com/4505-6473_7-30468925.html

Gateway states that the universal remote control codes for the player/remote are 0711 / 0081 - see the following url:
http://support.gateway.com/s/CsmrEltrncs/TV/2800336/2800336faq21.shtml

I haven't actually tried this yet (although I'm not sure which buttons should be assigned to the two codes given). The DVD player was new at Christmas. Like I say it's been quite awhile since I used my jp1 interface and the software, so I'm a bit rusty. My universal remote is a 15-1994.

It has some special keys that won't be similar to other DVD players (My Music, My Photos, My Videos, Connect), but the other keys are the same as a regular player.

I've tried to learn some of the keys and so far have determined that the

Power toggle is;
NEC 1 (2 Device), Device 8, Sub Device 230, OBC 12, Hex Cmd CF, EFC 052

Enter (select) is;
NEC 1 (2 Device), Device 8, Sub Device 230, OBC 6, Hex Cmd 9F, EFC 182

Play is;
NEC 1 (2 Device), Device 8, Sub Device 230, OBC 87, Hex Cmd 15, EFC 106

Stop is;
NEC 1 (2 Device), Device 8, Sub Device 230, OBC 91, Hex Cmd 25, EFC 235

Does this look like anything you've seen before?

(If a person knows some of the keys, is there a way to search for a matching key map?)

Dan

Last edited by dmcgee on Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to figure out the protocol that your gear responds to. VCR(DVD)_0081 is in the built-in library for the 1994, do any commands work. DVD_0711 is not in the 1994 and is a completely different protocol. So that setup code may be for a different universal remote or vice versa.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That page doesn't state which universal remotes those setup codes are for (all makers of universal remotes use different setup code numbers).

You didn't answer the question of whether you have an original remote for this DVD player or not. If you do, your 15-1994 is a learning remote, so what you need to do is learn the signals from the original remote and then download the memory using IR.exe (make sure you have the latest copy).

IR will tell you what signals this player uses, and from that we would know how to build an upgrade for it.
dmcgee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, none of the 0081 codes seem to work. I must have been editing my original post when you made some replies - if you don't mind taking another look - I've added some of the codes I've learned.
Dan
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as an FYI, I remembered this site from www.linux-hacker.net (here).
This site mentioned that the player was the same as the Oritron Networked DVD Player NPD3117. After you learn all of the codes and build your upgrade, you can check at the Yahoo group and at remote central to see if anyone has found discrete codes, etc.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only one setup code that I know of that matched NEC1 8.230 and that's DVD/0876 (which can be found in the URC-9960), however the few functions that you posted the decodes for do not match.

I can tell from the format of the codes you posted that you are using an out of date version of IR.exe (the current version is 4.01). IR now requires a DLL called DecodeIR which you should also download.

Here's an upgrade for the 4 buttons you posted...

Upgrade code 0 = 27 D0 (DVD/2000)
5A 00 18 00 04 21 20 EF 98 CF 9F 15 25
End
dmcgee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gateway seems somewhat helpful so far. I want to ask them about discrete codes as well as other information to program my 15-1994. How would I put the question to them so that the information I get could be used here. the codes they post must be for their own universal remote.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask them for the discrete codes in any format they chose to use, but ask them for the codes for some of the known buttons also. The code for the known buttons will tell us how to read the extra codes.

While you're waiting for a response from Gateway, you should go ahead and create a complete upgrade file of all the buttons on the actual remote and post it to the file section. You can always add the discretes later (if they exist).
dmcgee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I think I've mapped most of the keys for the Gateway Connected DVD Player, but I'm not sure exactly what I should upload as a file. Here is what I have done so far. I still have to test it out.

Upgrade Code 0 = 22 C7 (DVD/0711)
5A 00 94 FE 26 F9 20 EF 98 5D 6F 5F 7F 2D 1D 3D
AD 9D BD CF 75 2F 6D DD ED CD FD 9F 3F 15 05 C5
E5 25 FF 1F
End

Last edited by dmcgee on Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using KM, just use the Save button on the Setup sheet to save your upgrade as a KM .txt file. Then upload that file.

If you are using RM, use the File -> Save as.. to save your upgrade as a RM .rmdu file. Then upload that file.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
dmcgee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help - the file is now posted. I will post further messages here if Gateway responds with information about discrete codes.

-------Dan--------
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link for anyone's that's interested: Gateway_Connected_DVD_Player.txt

Dan, I notice that you were able to stick with all the default function names, are there no DVD specific type buttons on the original remote (like Angle, Subtitle, Zoom, etc, etc)?
TimH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,
You should change the function names to coincide with the button names on the oem remote. Also, you have to actually have the function named in order for the function to be available to be assigned on the button sheet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: