JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

eBay USB to Serial Adapters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slr_65

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: eBay USB to Serial Adapters Reply with quote

Hi,

I need to build an upgrade for my new Samsung 32" LCD since I can't find a ready made file for it. Being a hands on sort I ordered the parts to build the 74x version of the Ir Widget.

Currently I use Millenium 4 remotes, but I'm thinking I'll upgrade to the Atlas 1056 which will require me to get a new programming cable and I think I'll build that as well.

I don't have a serial port on my pc and both of these need one. I see some cheap Chinese usb to serial adapters on eBay, has anyone bought one and wouldn't mind sharing which one just so I can order one that's known to be compatible?

Thanks!

Steve
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should (in theory) be able to use any serial-to-USB cable for the JP1.x (Flash) remote, but none of them will work with your older JP1 (EEPROM) remotes. For those you will need to buy (or build) a dedicated USB cable.
slr_65

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robman!

I already have a cable for the older remotes, it's just the remote upgrade that'll make me need a new cable.

The old Millenium 4s have served me well but with the newer tv, home theater pc, etc. it's getting time for more buttons!

Take Care,

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: