JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Will this JP1 Information even work with my Remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scottmm78

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Will this JP1 Information even work with my Remote Reply with quote

Just got Comcast DVR the remote supplied was a "Comcast Custom DVR 3 Device" it does have a jumper bank under the battery cover labeled "1003"

***Information on the sticker***
rc1475507/02b 16002
Cifa no.27634
Made in china cob
hk03 20926 a 009183 lf

The reason I ask is is I have an Olevia232-s13 TV I can't get the remote to work with (the old Directv worked).

Would I be able to Teach this remote or Update the IR codes(flash). If yes where do I start, If no would you be able to suggest a Remote that that would work with the TV and Comcast box

Thank you for your time and and help

- Scott
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott. The comcast remotes are JP1.2 and JP1.3 flash remotes. I think yours is a JP1.2 remote. (Is the OK/Select button Gray) If so this would be a JP1.2 remote.

Many times we can do thing without a cable. We have upgrades for Olevia TV's that use Nec1, 0 ; Nec1, 4; and Nec1 4, 185. If this was a NEC1, 0 TV or a NEC1, 4 TV, we could get this up and running without a cable. However I believe the Oleviea 232 uses the one code that we can't get ruinning without a cable.

I think you need the 1610

This code can be found in the
Discontinued Radio Shack 15-133, 15-134, 15-135
The newer URC-10820 or urc-8820 or the RCA-rcrpo5b

You might want to try the Nec 0 and nec 4 codes to make sure that your tv will not work with them. We could help you with that but we need to know what color the remotes Ok/Select button is.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Comcast 1067BX3 remote which has the label 1003 by the JP1 connector. It is a 1.3 remote.

I also have an Olevia 227-s11 TV, and it requires setup code 1610.

You'll need a cable to get that code into the Comcast remote. However, it is easy to do-- I used an upgrade from the File Section here, and it works perfectly.

The cable can be made cheaply by following Tommy Tyler's instructions here, if your computer has a serial port. Or for $35 shipped, you can buy one of Tommy's already built interfaces that connects through the USB port.

It would be cheaper to simply buy the RCA RCRP05B remote ($20 at Best Buy). It has 1610 built-in and can run any Comcast box (Motorola or Scientific Atlanta).
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG, I have a JP1.2 that has the 1003 over the cable, so I was pretty sure that it was JP1.2. But since Scott said he just get the box, I thought it should be JP1.3. Thanks for the information that JP1.3 remotes could also have that printed on the circuit board.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what actually got me started here in the first place. I have a 537 and got the cable to program it to control my tv.

There are a number of newer remotes that do now have codes built in it will be either 1610 or 11610 depending on the remote. The atlas OCAP remotes all have the code built in and control a couple more devices. A lot of people like the layouts on them too. Some are even backlit too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Time-Warner-Atllas-OCAP-5-Device-Universal-Remote_W0QQitemZ230400652954QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a4f2f69a
Scottmm78

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Remote Update Reply with quote

the OK select is red and Per the Tiny"manual/code sheet" it uses 5 digit codes (1 prefix + 4 device if i under stated correctly) in which case 1610/11610 i have tried and do not work. (the light do not flash twice just once to say "bad code"
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Comcast 1067Bx3 has these Olevia setup codes 11144, 11240, 11331.
You should try these codes but its looking more and more like your tv wants the 11610.

There are only a handful of UEI remotes that have 1610 built in.

If you pick up a "learning" remote like the RCA rcr05bp, you'll have the code built in and you can 'learn' any functions you need from your OEM remotes. If we hook you into our JP1 madness, you can pick up a cable later, if needed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: