JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vizio VL420M issues with a few buttons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregnash

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Vizio VL420M issues with a few buttons Reply with quote

For some reason The Robman's Vizio Master file is not working properly for me on a few buttons. Here goes nothing,,,

1. Device: Vizio VL420M LCD TV
2. Type of device: TV
3. Year: 2009
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Atlas OCAP 1056BA1
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes, Tommy Tyler USB
6. Still have original remote? Yes, Vizio VR2
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Vizio_NEC4_Master_File
10. Learning remote question? No

So here is what I am running into....
1. Video Source will switch to the input screen where you can arrow up and down to select new input HOWEVER, the Select/OK button will not work. On the VR2 Vizio remote it is mapped as the PLAY/PAUSE button
2. I have remapped the HDMI button to the yellow (A) button but it will not function.

Here is a copy of my .IR file. I am only doing one component at a time until they are all working as need.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7295
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg, I have a different 30333033 Atlas. When I uploaded your IR file, my remote went nuts, so I can't give you a definate answer. However I find that the Cable Channel Lock setting forces the OK/Select button to the Cable device. My first suggestion would be to turn Cable Channel Lock Off to see if this allows your OK/Select to operate the vizio.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
gregnash

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well I turned that off but for some reason now the TV code keeps defaulting to different codes other than the 0178 that is part of the Vizio_NEC4 Master File. When I change the code and upload to the remote it will show the 0178 code but I get NO functionality out of the remote. Time do dig up the original backup file and re-implement. Wondering if I screwed something up testing to see if it was a learning remote.

EDIT: Ok tested it and still didn't work. I found the original backup file and tried it with that with turning the Cable Channel Lock off and it still functions the same way (video source brings up input menu, arrow up/down to select input, hit OK/Select and it brings up the cable menu.

I remember reading somewhere the some of the Vizio's will have full functionality with TV/1758. I did the normal remote programming with TV/1758 and system functions properly but again does not allow the OK/Select button to be used even with Cable Channel Lock "Off."

I have another question that is bugging me too.... On the general tab where you can pick the device type I am unable to switch DVD to DVD. It defaults at VCR and will not allow me to change it. All other devices (except VCR) can be changed to DVD. A bit confused now.

Also, when programming in the TV/1758 it does not show in the devices tab. Should it show up there?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregnash wrote:
Also, when programming in the TV/1758 it does not show in the devices tab. Should it show up there?
Only if you uploaded it as an upgrade.
gregnash

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
gregnash wrote:
Only if you uploaded it as an upgrade.

Ok, that is what I thought but I wanted to make sure. Thanks for the responses guys.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the Vizio remotes may have a JP1.x connector pad. Anyway, on a Vizio remote 66700 MTS{Play} hex code = AF. Sleep{Pause} = 8F. Add those to your device upgrade, set a device button to TV/1758 and try them out.
tennessee titan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ony the oldest Vizio remotes have the connector pad. Requires a pogo, but works fine. I program my Vizio (either on a Comcast 1067BX3 or Atlas OCAP1056) with the device selector keys on phantoms or unused shifted keys, then write macros for the device keys in IR which, in addition to selecting the device in the remote, switch the TV input to the appropriate place. In a couple of cases, I put power functions in. Works extremely well, but by necessity, is different for every installation. Vizio input switching is one of the nicest I have seen. Lends itself very well to a universal remote.
Other keys which Vizio has left off their newer OEM remotes are the "WIDE" key, which controls aspect ratio (available only through menus), and most of the PIP functionality.
gregnash

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123 wrote:
Some of the Vizio remotes may have a JP1.x connector pad. Anyway, on a Vizio remote 66700 MTS{Play} hex code = AF. Sleep{Pause} = 8F. Add those to your device upgrade, set a device button to TV/1758 and try them out.

Unfortunately, the VR2 is one of their "garbage" (at least to me) remotes that really doesnt have anything like that. I did find the RDF files for the VRU8 which is their JP1.3 remote but cannot seem to figure out how to use it with either IR or KM.

I also found your 66700 rdf file but do not know how to use it with either KM or IR. I am a complete noob at this and I am trying to figure it out before I ask the question but I am a bit fried/lost right now.
gregnash

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.. ok so I went back through, loaded the backup file, then went into KM and modified Robmans' Vizio Master File to add HDMI to the yellow (A) button. Once I did that I loaded it into IR, shut off all Device Setup Code Locks and Cable Channel Lock. After that I went into the devices tab and deleted ALL devices except for TV/0178 (the Robmans file). Uploaded that to the remote and tested.

BAM... Yellow (A) now accurately controls the remote like the Vizio HDMI button. However, ABSOLUTELY nothing else works.....LOL but we are getting somewhere.....!

OK... scratch that last part. Went through and turned all the Device Setup Code Locks back to "On" and the remote is functioning properly, AND Yellow (A) is working!!! Woot, some success!!!!
gregnash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well I am back after a while and the remotes seem to be working well in both rooms. Of course the wife likes to gripe about how she liked the old remote because it was easier, blah blah.... basically the buttons have moved so she can't always find the right button.

Anyways, something that I have been trying to figure out is whether or not I can program a button for ONE specific input. What I would like to do is something like the following....
If I hit the DVD button, it would switch the TV to HDMI-1, AV to DVD, and turn the DVD player on and allow for it to be controlled. However, I have found that while I can program buttons to respond like those on the OEM remote they are only a generic HDMI/TV/COMPONENT/ETC button and it takes multiple pushes to get to a specific input (ie HDMI-1).

Does anyone know of any documentation to pull apart the coding for the buttons? I am sure there has to be protocol in there somewhere that has HDMI1,HDMI2,HDMI3 etc that can be learned or something.
tennessee titan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen broken out inputs. You have to either use the input key with repeated pushes, or repeated pushes of your macroed device key...
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link which lists discretes for Vizios. Not all Vizio TVs support these, but larger/newer ones tend to.

We have 26" Vizio which doesn't support individual HDMI inputs, but which does go to HDMI1 on the first press of OBC = 198, EFC=174 using 1758.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: