JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast remote codes & 'all on' question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Comcast remote codes & 'all on' question Reply with quote

I'm dealing with a Comcast silver remote (1067 I believe, red OK button) and have a few codes I was wondering if anyone knows what they are & what they do. I was pressing 'cable' then 'setup' and the following, 971, 984 and 986. I've looked around a few different sites & can't find what they do, however if those codes are pressed the cable light blinks twice like they should do something. I'm basically on a search to see if there's anyway to 'unlock' some of the locked keys on the remote to reprogram them, mainly the elusive 'all on' button. Any input to what those codes are and/or if anyone has figured out how to unlock the 'all on' button is appreciated. I know there are some workarounds with the all on button but I was wondering if a more direct method had been found yet.
Thanks in advance.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are all the codes I know of:
Code:

970   Toggle sleep timer simulation
971   Toggle CH+/CH- simulation   
974   EL Brightness Adjustment
975   Learn
976   Delete learn
977   Clear (more than 980, less than 981)
979   Home Theater setup
980   Clear   
981   Reset to factory defaults
982   Toggle device code lock
987   Assign OEM device code
990   Code blink out
991   Code search
992   Device key redefine
993   Volume punch through
994   Key move
995   Macro setup
996   Fav scan setup
997   Phone upgrade
998   Select device code among downloaded ones

Not every code works with every remote.

There is no way to change the all on/off button. But I think you can put whatever you want on shift-all on/off or just about any other button besides the device keys.

Device code lock/unlock is explained in the MANUAL.
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Knowing that that's the same list you're keeping in the master list of JP1-enabled remote controls, you might want to add code 978, which is the way to enter a device-specific macro (as opposed to code 995, which should probably be labelled "device-independent macro setup"). Code 978 works in the new RCA RCRP05B remote, as one example.

Bill
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, the 978 seems to do something different on the 6690 Hybrid remote. I wonder what UEI is going to do next.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fiddled a little bit with the 986 command, using a 1067BX3. The remote needs to have been factory reset in order to accept the command. The sequence is press setup until 2 blinks, 986, then any 4 digits. This yields 2 blinks. If the entry is accepted, subsequent 986 attempts are ignored until a 981 reset. The behavior is the same for all 3 device modes.

The RDF for the 1067BX3 (30393039) lists AdvCodeAddr=$0022..$01FF and UpgradeAddr=$0402..$0BFF. This leaves a hole between $0200 and$03FF. My remotes came from Comcast with some data at $0200--notably, the data at $000E through $0021 is replicated at $020E. According to IR, removing the Comcast installed upgrades (resulting in no keymoves, no macros, no upgrades) does not affect this memory area. Nor does fiddling with VPT, etc.

The values of the 4 digits entered during the 986 command show up at $0204-$0207. As delivered from Comcast, the 4 digits were 00 00 00 01, but apparently all of the range from 0000 to 9999 is accepted. I see no other changes in memory, besides the values of the 2 byte checksum at $0200.
Jon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I fiddled a little bit with the 986 command, using a 1067BX3. The remote needs to have been factory reset in order to accept the command. The sequence is press setup until 2 blinks, 986, then any 4 digits. This yields 2 blinks. If the entry is accepted, subsequent 986 attempts are ignored until a 981 reset. The behavior is the same for all 3 device modes.

I noticed that also.

@Dave, I had seen that list but 2 out of 3 of the codes I asked about weren't on your list so I was curious if anyone knew what they were for. As I said previously, they give a double blink so I'm guessing they serve some unknown purpose.

Also what exactly does this do (or what is it supposed to do at least)?
971 Toggle CH+/CH- simulation
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another code which is not in the list above
973 - Channel control Lock
Provides channel control regardless if in TV or CBL mode.
So 973 followed by ch+ activates channel punchthrough to CBL, and ch- will deactivate.
mradam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other codes not in that list:

972 - Device power - use device keys to send Power signal
984 - Custom punch through - any set of buttons punch through to any one device mode from any set of device modes

Correction (according to my link below of 9xx commands):

977 - Restore configuration saved with 986

The codes mentioned by others so far above:

986 - Save configuration
973 - Channel punch through - also called Channel lock
978 - Device-specific macro - code 995 disregards the device mode you're in when programming and when using* the macro

*with the exception of putting a 995 macro on the Power button (not the shifted Power button) which requires the remote in the CBL device mode when using it - described as Master Power in many instruction pamphlets and on the Power button itself

Details here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Manual_Programming_-_9xx_Commands

This may also be helpful:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Programming_the_Remote
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, but there's really no need to bump a 4 year old thread that was superseded by the wiki years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: