JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Suround Codes for RCA RV9900

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drewg123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Suround Codes for RCA RV9900 Reply with quote

1. Device: RCA RV9900
2. Type of device: Audio Receiver
3. Year: ?
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC 8910
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? 1254
10. Learning remote question?

Are there any descrete codes for this unit to control the Suround features, most importantly the Center Speaker Volume and the Rear Speaker Volume?

Or any other way to get this remote to work these functions?
drewg123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: RCA RV9900 Reply with quote

I also have a Cox Cable remote that uses the same setup code 1254, but is very limited as to what it will do with the RCA receiver. If I can not get the URC 8910 to work maybe I can get the Cox one to work?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the pictures in this link and try to identify which Cox remote you have.

It doesn't look like anyone has the exact codes for specifically the RV9900, but in the File Section there is an upgrade for the RT2390, which may work with your receiver.

Audio 1254 is RCA combo protocol using device 12. A number of the functions in the RT2390 upgrade do use device 12, but many others, including the arrow keys and input keys don't. To access the functions which use some device other than 12, you'll need a remote which supports 5 digit EFCs. The 8910 doesn't, but probably the Cox does. We'll know if you can identify the Cox remote.

The notes in the RT2390 upgrade seems to suggest that speaker delay is set by entering a setup mode, and then using the menu keys to adjust. Is that how the RV9900 works? If so, the similarity in operating characteristic suggests there is a fighting chance that we can get this working.

Your post at RemoteCentral notes that volume doesn't work now with the Cox remote. I don't think you need to be concerned about that; it is probably the Volume lock feature gone awry, or perhaps you don't have a TV code programmed into the remote.
drewg123

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Cox Cable remote and RV9900 Reply with quote

The Cox Cable remote is the DVR one. Cox DVR 7820

The volume works with the RCA unit, but not the power.

I am new to upgrading these so I will have to look at the instructions to do the RT2390 upgrade. I am assuming that I will need a JP1 cable to do that? The 8910 has a JP1 jack labeled JP1.

I am not sure what a device 12 is.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beleive the urc-8910 is modem upgradeable. That is you can create an upgrade and load it by playing a WAV file.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgrade is the easiest way. But it may be useful to try a few functions manually, because I'm just speculating that the RT2390 stuff will work.

I don't know which functions are easily tested, but here's the procedure:

Using the Cox remote, assign Audio 1254 to one of the device keys. Then press setup briefly (in the same device mode), and then key a 5 digit Extended Function Code. The receiver should carry out the intended function. Try it first with volume (which apparently already works) to make sure that the procedure is correct. There are two versions of the Cox 7820, and I don't know which you have. The two versions use different EFCs, so I have listed both. I suspect the first column will be the correct one.
Code:

Vol+      51989  27882
Vol-      51988  27883
mute      51973  27898
dvd input 18176  61695 
setup     52187  27684  various advanced settings (speaker delay, etc.)--use menu keys to select/adjust
up arrow  18787  61084
down      18786  61085
right     18797  61074
left      18796  61075
levels    52110  27761 adjust individual speaker levels

If it looks like these are working then we can make a WAV file upgrade to download into the 8910. Or we can manually assign these to keys.
drewg123

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Cox Cable remote and RV9900 Reply with quote

The EFC in the first column seems to be working on my Cox remote.
drewg123

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Cox Cable remote and RV9900 Reply with quote

Well it looks like only one of the codes works. The Levels. Which unfortunately only displays the levels of the center and rear speakers. I still do not see how to raise or lower the volume on the levels.

None of the other EFC codes listed seem to do anything. Except for vol and mute.

Do you have the EFC for power?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From another thread you've started elsewhere on this site, apparently you have been able to use RM. Load the RT2390 upgrade and then switch the remote to the Cox 1.3. That will give you the EFCs that I listed. There is an oddity associated with the power toggle. See the RT2390 thread a few entries down in this forum.

You can download the RV 9900 manual here. Without reading that, I'm not sure how one would tell whether the buttons are working or not.
drewg123

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Co Reply with quote

Instructions to adjust surround volume

Make adjustments by pressing the REAR•CENTER button,
and then the + or -button on your remote control.

I now have the Rear.Center button by using the levels EFC. I need the + and - buttons now.

I tried to add the Cox RDF, but I get a bunch of java errors when loading Remote Master. I looked in remote master with some of the other RDF files and I don't see the EFC numbers anywhere.

I copied the code into IR and I get EFC, but they are from the second column you listed above.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For power toggle try 62462. Have you tried up arrow and down arrow with level?

I think you need to get RM running, and IRtoWAV, because it is probably going to take trial and error to find the codes for some of these keys.
drewg123

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Cox cable Reply with quote

I installed IR and Remote Master on another computer and the Export to WAV is now working. I don't know what is going on with RM and the COX RDF. It could be possible that there is a version mismatch. There appears to be too many versions of thing around the file area. Along with old documentation with links that do not work. I kind of hacked it all together to get as far as I have.

In another question. I also have an xbox360 that I would like to put on my remote, if possible. I was going to try to do all this via upgrades, but after you told me that if I load one upgrade it wipes out the others. So I have to combine them all in one wav file or get a cable. The cable seems the safest way. It looks like I have to add a protocol of MCI to make the xbox work.

Looking at RM I get listings that looks like this.
TUNE UP 028 9
TUNE DOWN 029 9
POWER 059 12
EQ LEVEL 178 12
SUBWOOFER 181 12

I am not sure how to convert these into an EFC that will work on my remote.

I have also searched all over and have not found any codes for the functions that I am looking for. It looks like I am going to have to find an original remote and use the learn function and IR to get the codes.
drewg123

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was finally able to open the upgrade file in RM and import the code into IR to get the proper five digit EFC numbers. Unfortunately, there were no EFC codes for the + and - to control the Levels.

If anyone had an RCA remote with the Center and Rear channel volume buttons please let me know.

Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: