JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Codes for Denon AVR-3200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timg11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Codes for Denon AVR-3200 Reply with quote

1. Device: Denon AVR-3200
2. Type of device: AV Receiver
3. Year: 1999
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Atlas OCAP 1056
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes - but see below
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes, but what do I do with a .pcf?
9. Partially working setup code? 1360
10. Learning remote question? No

I found "denon receivers.txt" in the files area. This file, as well as "Denon_AVR-3300_6131nw (OCAP).rmdu" (I thought maybe it would be close enough...) use setup code 1177.

I can manually program the remote with setup code 1360, and it accepts the code and appears to control the AVR-3200 correctly. When I try to manually program the remote with setup code 1177 for AUD, it gives me the "invalid code" long blink.

I copied the upgrade code from Remote Master for the Denon 3300 (setup code 1177) and pasted it into IR as a new device. After setting the AUD function to 1177, I uploaded to the remote. However it does not work. The AVR-3200 does not recognize the codes. So I went back to Code 1360.

If I want to edit layout of setup code 1360 for the AVR-3200, how do I load it into Remote Master? I don't see a way to export the setup code 1360 from the IR program.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't load 1360 into RM and edit it. But the RM file you tried should work fine. You probably didn't pick your remote model from the remote drop down in RM or paste the protocol into protocols in IR.

The device codes in RM can be anything, so the fact that it's 1177 doesn't really mean anything. It's the protocol that matters, and it's the same as the one in 1360.

If you do the above and still have problems, post your RM and IR files in the diagnosis area so we can see the problem.
timg11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please explain more about the 1177 protocol being the same as the 1360 protocol.

I tried loading the 1177 protocol by coping it over from RM into IR and uploading it to the remote. It didn't work at all. The Denon ignored it.
Going back to the 1360 code that is 'native' to the remote, I can get partial functionality.

So if the setup codes are arbitrary, I could theoretically rename the setup code from the "denon receivers.txt" file to 1360 in RM, and then paste it in to a new Device on the Devices tab in IR right.

But given that the protocol and codes for 1177 didn't work, is there any reason to think they would work if the setup code was just renamed to 1360?

I have the original Denon Remote. How can I "capture" it's output to compare to other upgrade files to see when I'm on the right track?
My USB-UIRT has a program called LRNhelper.exe that displays a single 32 bit hex code for every button pressed. How do I convert the long code to something that looks like the information displayed in IR or RM?
timg11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The relevant files have been uploaded to diagnosis area:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7312
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at your file in RM, you see the Denon combo protocol. Others have analyzed all existing codes and found that code 1360 also uses the Denon combo protocol. So chances are high that at least some functions in your file should do something.

The device codes 1360 and 1170 associate a device key with a upgrade that you've loaded or some built-in device. The 1360 points to the working built-in device. The 1177 points to the one you loaded. Renaming it to 1360 will still point to the non-working one you loaded since upgrades take precedence over built-in codes. So renaming won't work. All that matters is that the code and device type in RM match what you enter in IR. It doesn't matter what they are, so long as they match.

Before you resort to analyzing the signals, let's make sure you loaded the upgrade correctly:
- In your RM file did you choose your specific model atlas from the remote drop-down list?
- Did you copy/paste the device upgrade code into the devices tab in IR (I'm pretty sure you did)?
- Did you enter 1177 into the code for the AUD button on the general tab in IR and choose the CD/Audio type?

I have no idea how to interpret the raw hex from USB-UIRT. But IR can read such data from any learning JP1 remote. If you can buy or borrow a learning JP1.3 remote like the RCRP05B at best buy or the 15-133 at radio shack ($20 for either of them), you'll immediately see the codes in IR when you upload and can compare them to your RM file.

That being said, the Denon codes here are very complete, so I think you're just missing something very simple that an expert would see right away if you posted your modified RM and the IR file you loaded.

Last edited by mdavej on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see three problems right away. Your RM file is using the wrong remote (a URC-6131). You need to pick "Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 ..." (whatever model you have). The second problem is device 1177 isn't in your IR file. And the third is AUD is still set to 1360. I've made all those corrections and have posted the files HERE for you to try.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
You probably didn't pick your remote model from the remote drop down in RM

I think timg11 ignored that important part of the above post.

After you load the file into RM, before you use the Output tab in RM to get the device upgrade for IR, you need to change the selected model of remote to match your remote. That is near the top of the UI, just below "Description" and above the tab selectors.

Edit: I see mdavej gave a better version of this same response while I was typing the above.

An extra detail (assuming the above puts you on basically the right track): After you change the selected model of remote, you normally need to go to the Buttons tab and fix the button assignments (which functions are assigned to which buttons). Those tend to be porrly chosen by RM when you switch models of remote (RM can't read your mind and guess what you want).

Normally the experts here also can't guess which functions you want assigned to which buttons in a device with so many strange functions. I haven't looked at what mdavej has done. Maybe he did guess well. But if it basically works, timg11 should review the buttons tab to customize that.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timg11 wrote:

My USB-UIRT has a program called LRNhelper.exe that displays a single 32 bit hex code for every button pressed. How do I convert the long code to something that looks like the information displayed in IR or RM?

I don't think you'll need that. But if you do, I think I can deduce the pattern by comparing several of those hex numbers from LRNHelper to the device and OBC numbers listed in the rmdu file.

So post several of those hex codes together with the corresponding button names and I'll tell you what I can tell from them.
timg11

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej, I apologize for my error - I was careless and copied the wrong (unmodified) "Denon_AVR-3300_6131nw.rmdu" file into the ZIP that I uploaded. I had changed the remote, and saved the RMDU out under a different name. When I compare my modified file (that I should have uploaded) it to the RMDU file you uploaded, they are identical.

In the IR file, I had switched back to 1360 when I was trying to extract the codes for remote master. I compared your file to the one I saved when experimenting with the 1177 code set. The only difference in the file is yours has "$3004=Denon Receivers (RM v1.94)" at the end and mine has "$3004=Denon Receivers (RM v1.97)"

Unfortunately, the 1177 codes do not work. The Denon AVR-3200 does not respond to power or any other button. I see you responded to my other thread on Pronto codes, so I'll try the AVR-2807 as a baseline.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Codes for Denon AVR-3200 Reply with quote

timg11 wrote:
1. Device: Denon AVR-3200
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Atlas OCAP 1056
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes

Found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: