JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Device Upgrade Problem With Shifted Keys and RMIR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wnewell wrote:
OK, gave 1.97 a go. Some problems found.

First the zip file has 2 amd-64 directories. I deleted the first one. I assume the first wasn't supposed to be there?

Actually, there's one named Linux-amd46 and another one named Linux-amd64. You need to move the files in Linux-amd46 into Linux-amd64 and then delete Linux-amd46.

I'll upload a new file to correct this.

Quote:

Can't enter TV default device code of 2256 in General Device tabs. Since that's the code for my Proscan TV and now there's lots of codes up to 24xx in the code table, this is probably a problem.

I wasn't aware setup codes greater than 2048 were now allowed. I wonder if there's a setting in the RDF for that.

Quote:

Don't know if it's a problem or not, but the keymoves still didn't show up in the keymoves tab. nor did it reduce the amount of memory left at the bottom of the screen.

There has been no change here. Key moves that are part of a device upgrade are only visible when editing the device upgrade, although they do use up space in the key move/macro area. There was a bug that the key moves were formatted incorrectly, so when uploaded to the remote the remote would not recognize them. This has been fixed.

Quote:

I didn't try an upload from rmir since I couldn't select the TV default code of 2256.

Probably wouldn't have worked, since libjp12serial.so was in the Linux-amd46 directory.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've replaced RemoteMaster.v1.97.zip with the correct Linux-amd64 directory.
wnewell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one I just downloaded looks like the same one as before. Getting very confused.

As far the device codes over 2048, That's a killer for me. After uploading with ir.exe with 2256 TV code, a dl from rmir shows it as 0208, which isn't right. And while the keymoves doesn't show up in the keymoves tab, it does show memory used.

I need a break.Smile
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now know about the setup code issue, and I will provide a fix later tonight.

I can't tell if you are still confused about how key moves work in RMIR.

Key moves, macros, and special functions (collectively known as advanced codes) are stored in the advanced code section of the remote's memory. They are all stored the same memory space, but they are each managed on a different tab in IR and RMIR.

In IR, key moves are used primarily for the following:
  1. To augment a device upgrade (device type/setup code) with functions not included in a device upgrade (which could built in), either by oversight or because the button map for the device type doesn't include the desired button.
  2. To send a command to a different device without switching device mode.

In RMIR, that first type of key move still exists, but they are managed/manipulated as part of the associated device upgrade instead of being lumped together with the other key moves.

Does that make sense?
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a confirmation.... I've now tested the new v1.97 release and the problem raised at the start of this thread is indeed fixed! Thanks!

Bill

Note: The topic being discussed in this thread now seems to me like an entirely separate issue and should really have been put in a new thread of its own. Any administrators out there who could split this thread (starting with 'http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=79967#79967') into a new one titled "RM/RMIR Setup Codes Limited To 0-2047" or similar? Can that be done and still keep my post above with this original thread? I consider this thread effectively closed as Greg has solved the problem that I originally opened this thread to address.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: