JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Master Power Switch on URC-8810W

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Master Power Switch on URC-8810W Reply with quote

Can the 8810W be programed like the URC-6131 Master on/off with the 995 code? I know I can generate a macro to do this, but I can't use the Power key as the Macro. Any suggestions?

Neil P
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Master Power Switch on URC-8810W Reply with quote

Neil P wrote:
Can the 8810W be programed like the URC-6131 Master on/off with the 995 code? I know I can generate a macro to do this, but I can't use the Power key as the Macro.

Why can't you use the Power key as the macro?

I'm pretty sure the 8810w does let you define macros on the power key even without JP1.

Also, a macro on the power key can use the non-macro definition of the power key (actually any key used by any macro is the non macro definition of that key because macros don't nest).

If I'm missing something or you want something more complex, then I'm sure you could do it with JP1 and the extender software, but I think you're asking for something simple enough you don't need JP1.
Neil P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should have tried before asking eh? Embarassed

But back to the 6131 Master Power, a long 2 second press turns everything on/off and a quick press turns off the last device. Thats a good feature.

Could you splain a bit more what you meants by " a macro on the power key can use the non-macro definition of the power key"

Thanks,
Neil P
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil P wrote:
But back to the 6131 Master Power, a long 2 second press turns everything on/off and a quick press turns off the last device. Thats a good feature.

I think there is an LKP protocol (something that lets you define different long vs. short press behavior for any key) available for use with the 8810 extender.

Neil P wrote:

Could you splain a bit more what you meants by " a macro on the power key can use the non-macro definition of the power key"

A key can be defined by a setup code, by a KeyMove, by a learned signal, or by a macro, or by any combination of those. If defined in more than one way, there are priority rules to say which wins.

But if the key is used inside a macro it won't consider any macro definition of that key, so it may find a setup code definition of the key even though that is lower in the priority rules.

Also a macro can change the device mode, so it may then use its own key and find a KeyMove or learned signal that would have had priority over the macro if the device mode hadn't been something else to begin with.

The common simple example is a macro on the power key that does something like:
TV;power;CBL;power;RCVR;power
e34m5

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I simply set up a macro on the SHIFT+POWER. Actually to make it simpler I've set up SHIFT+DEVICE for power on, video settings,etc nad SHIFT+POWER to turn everything off.

This makes it real simple for the family to follow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: