JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Technika TX22D - URC8206
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Technika TX22D - URC8206 Reply with quote

1. Device: Technika TX22D
2. Type of device: TV/DVD/Freeview
3. Year: 2009
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: urc-8206
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? yes
6. Still have original remote? yes
7. Checked the file section? yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? yes
9. Partially working setup code? no
10. Learning remote question? yes

Just brought this cheapy TV from tesco, learned some of the signals but can only get the power, volume up, button 1 and programme down to work. Tried downloading the info to Ir programme and it give me the message about more then 3 signal bursts

Also checked all the files from ezremotes and none of them work
Ash

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scanning t'internet, i've read thats Technika us philips codes for they're remote, maybe i should dismantle my remote and look at the chip set or something? could be a lead to the files
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash, I wonder if the Technika is the same as the Technica TV which uses a TV/1982, the RC-5 /5X Combo philips protoco

Try selecting Audio 1269 and then sending the EFC 61961 to see if this powers on/off your unit.

And post your IR file so we can see the raw timings of the learns you did.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Ash

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, heres the signals i've managed to learn, the others come up with errors or something differant to the the nec1 protoco

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7205

Tried the Audio 1269 suggestion but no go Sad
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash these are very nice learns. You'll still need to try the other learns to see if we need to use some sort of combo code. but so far these are all Nec1 0,127 signals. This will be very easy to create your upgrade. Will this be your first attempt at creating an upgrade? Its not all that hard especially with a standard NEC1 signal.

With the 8206 you'll have a choice of using either KM or RM to create an upgrade. If you run into troubles we're here to help. This would be a very good upgrade for a beginner to start with.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some known EFCs from TV 1548, reported to be used with Astar. They look like a partial match to your codes. Maybe you can just try these, and only learn the ones that don't work.
Code:

num 0   247
num 1   054
num 2   182
num 3   058
num 4   119
num 5   186
num 6   123
num 7   118
num 8   183
num 9   122
Vol+   246
Vol-   234
Mute   059
Ch+   250
Ch-   228
Power   055
Menu   231   
Up   230
Down   102
Left   235
Right   229
Info   101   
Exit   100   
Input /Source   251   
Settings   231
Ash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great, now my usb-serial aint working Rolling Eyes
Ash

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

upgrade for TV functions done and file uploaded here
Ash

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgrade for DVD functions done and file uploaded here
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ash, could you double check a few things for me please. In your DVD file some buttons use the same code. The "3" and "info" buttons use the same code, as do the "Stop" and "Exit" buttons. In the TV file, the txt-on and txt-off buttons use the same code. Could you verify that this is how it is on the OEM remote (ie, can you use either button to do the same thing?).

Also, in the TV file there's an "A" (capital A) button and in the DVD file there's an "a" (lowercase A) button that have different codes, is that correct?

Just FYI, while most buttons have a unique function, there are 10 buttons that appear to change function based on the select mode:

DVD=+10, TV=-/--
DVD=prog, TV=red
DVD=skip+, TV=back\txt-expand
DVD=skip-, TV=txt-index
DVD=ff, TV=txt-hold
DVD=rew, TV=txt-on/off
DVD=TV/DVD, TV=AV
DVD=a, TV=16-9
DVD=menu, TV=green
DVD=random, TV=yellow
Ash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, all thats right, on the OEM remote the colour buttons, i.e, red, green, yellow, blue, control some DVD features as does button 3, 16-9.........be easyer to post and image of the OEM remote, quite alot of the buttons control TV functions as well as DVD functions, thats why i made them 2 sepertate upgrades and us them on differant devices

The Robman wrote:
Also, in the TV file there's an "A" (capital A) button and in the DVD file there's an "a" (lowercase A) button that have different codes, is that correct?

For the TV, i think thats a left over of a clean button i needed to learn for something, for the DVD it controls a 4 or 5th menu type button thats on the OEM remote which i think could do something on the DVD functions, not sure yet as i'm yet to realy play with the DVD player on the TV

There is only 1 TEXT button which turns it on or off and i hate having buttons with no use so it made sence really Very Happy

I used the AV button on my 8206 to control the "source" button on the OEM as you select which AV source ( Wink ) you want the TV to use

Hope this clears up any issue or confussion Wink

Last edited by Ash on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, just found the hall of shame thread, great entertainment @ 2am Laughing

Maybe you should put this thread in it as some dumb a** should've put good batteries in BOTH remotes before learning signals Rolling Eyes that was the cause of most of my problems, the other was a dogdy USB-serial cable Confused sorted now, alas a working pair of upgrade

p.s. great site, save me alot of work, keep it up guys and rest assured i'll upload any upgrades I do Wink

Last edited by Ash on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I'm being blind, I don't see any A (upper or lower case), B or C buttons on the remote, so which buttons correspond to those functions in your upgrades?

You'd be surprised how often "Batteries" is the answer to user problems, so that doesn't even come close to qualifying you for the idiot thread! Smile As you can see from that thread, it takes a very special kind of user to qualify.
Ash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Unless I'm being blind, I don't see any A (upper or lower case), B or C buttons on the remote, so which buttons correspond to those functions in your upgrades?

You'd be surprised how often "Batteries" is the answer to user problems, so that doesn't even come close to qualifying you for the idiot thread! Smile As you can see from that thread, it takes a very special kind of user to qualify.

I must of edited the post after you posted Wink
Ash wrote:

The Robman wrote:

For the TV, i think thats a left over of a clean button i needed to learn for something, for the DVD it controls a 4 or 5th menu type button thats on the OEM remote which i think could do something on the DVD functions, not sure yet as i'm yet to realy play with the DVD player on the TV

Button A,B and C in TV functions control the repeat looking button under button 9 (not sure what it really does, it just brings up the channel info), PMODE (picture mode) and SMODE (sound mode) from the OEM remote Wink
Ash

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna look at combining the 2 upgrades and putting them under the SAT/CBL device button so there is no need to swap devices, this could lose some functions but all the main functions should be there, i'll keep you posted Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: