JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic TV 47WXC43 for URC8820/10820

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistress

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Panasonic TV 47WXC43 for URC8820/10820 Reply with quote

1. Device: Panasonic TV 47WXC43
2. Type of device: Rear Projection TV
3. Year: 2003
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: 10820
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes, and a 1.2 cable
6. Still have original remote? Yup
7. Checked the file section? Ay-uh
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes http://tinyurl.com/ml2d3e
9. Partially working setup code? TV/1250 -Panasonic-53WX52-RPTV
10. Learning remote question?
When I switch the remote model [Cell C2] in KM to URC-8820/10820, I see the message
"*** Protocol Code cannot be calculated or is not available ***"

So -- which is it? <g>
    * Cannot be calculated
    * Is not available

I am also looking for the Program Guide EFC for this TV. The one in the available file [EFC 101] -- on a remote that has the protocol -- does not work. When I try to learn it I get the GAP thingy.

I did grab the protocol builder file and spent a couple hours alternately reading/banging my head on the desk. I don't think I am ready for that on my own. Besides, I have a headache.

Thanks for any help and a big thanks for all the JP1 support!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The upgrade you tried uses a really odd-ball protocol. See if THIS one works any better.
Paula

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
The upgrade you tried uses a really odd-ball protocol. See if one works any better.

Thank you. But I have tried that one with poor results. Some keys work; most don't. Learning mode usually fails. The odd protocol matches the look and feel of the 47WXC43's navigation -- its just odd.

Can you elaborate on "odd-ball"?

(As an aside -- the strangeness matches this TV's pedigree. A neighbor had placed it by the road on trash day. "Junk" was written large on both sides in magic marker. Of course, the trash truck just left it there but I couldn't resist. )
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which file are you using in KM? The only link you provided was to a Pronto file.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I'm so glad Rob couldn't figure that out either. Dave mentioned that the one you were using used a really odd-ball protocol, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out which one you are using. I read and read and read this thread, because I am learning to do the PB stuff, and this would be good practice for me, but I can't find the starting point.

Quote:
I am also looking for the Program Guide EFC for this TV. The one in the available file [EFC 101] -- on a remote that has the protocol -- does not work.

Not suprising there. EFC's are a protocol specific translation of the hex parameters of the protocol subroutine. You'd have to calculate a new EFC based on the OBC/Protocol combination that the TV/1250 uses.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Paula

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Which file are you using in KM? The [url]only link you provided was to a Pronto file.

Oops! Panasonic-53WX52-RPTV (Mine is also a RPTV)
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=946
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRAT! You don't need a protocol upgrade. You are using the Panasonic Combo2 which is a hacked protocol because the Panasonic Combo didn't work correctly in earlier remotes, but this remote isn't one of the "earlier remotes". Change the protocol to the Panasonic Combo and you should be good to go with the discretes that you need.

If you are looking for the guide button, see if TV 0250,1941,0650, 1946, or 1947 has the Guide button. If you don't find a working guide button on any of these, try learning the button that does work in a darkened room, and if it doesn't decode, but DOES work, I'll try to manually decode it.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Paula

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Change the protocol to the Panasonic Combo and you should be good to go with the discretes that you need..

Thank you.
I'll give it a shot later tonight or tomorrow and will report back.
Paula

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Panasonic Combo it is! Reply with quote

ยท
Thank you vickyg2003. I found a few minutes today to put an upgrade into my URC-10820 and spec Panasonic Combo (not Combo2). The Panasonic TV 47WXC43 responds nicely.

A few of the specific EFCs from whatever Panasonic upgrade I used were wrong (vol down is mute, mute is vol down, . . .) When I get a full working configuration I will post it in the file section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: