JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Toshiba D-R410KU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Toshiba D-R410KU Reply with quote

1. Device: Toshiba D-R410KU
2. Type of device: DVD Player/Recorder
3. Year: 2008
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Comcast M1067B3
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? N/A

It looking through the upgrade files I had a hard time figuring out what category this went under, but whichever it is I failed to find this model.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's a TV/DVD combo, it would be in this folder:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=78

However, I just did a Google search on it and it appears to be a regular stand alone DVD recorder, so it would be in the standard DVD folder:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=5

and that's where it is:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5300
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 400 upgrade works perfectly with the 410.

Last edited by mdavej on Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
i_am_jim

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If it's a TV/DVD combo, it would be in this folder:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=78

It is a stand alone player/recorder. I only mentioned TV because of the confusion between computer DVD player/recorders and Television player/recorders.

Quote:
and that's where it is:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5300

I had found that file but it says it's for models D-R400 / D-KR10. Neither matched D-R410 which is my device. I suspected it might be similar but it's an RM file not a KM file.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Install RM to read RM files.

Last edited by mdavej on Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're adventurous you could try the Toshiba DVD recorder master file, which includes all known recorder functions. Some of the additional functions might work on your unit, even though you don't have those buttons on your original remote.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=923

However, as you've already established that KM doesn't support your 1067B remote, you'll need to use RM anyway. In RM your remote is listed as "Comcast DVR URC-1067Bx3 JP1.3".
jrussell234

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Toshiba D-R400/10 DVDR Recorder Reply with quote

i_am_jim wrote:
I had found that file but it says it's for models D-R400 / D-KR10. Neither matched D-R410 which is my device.
I found a comment on the Amazon listing for the Toshiba D-R410 that said their 410 had been mistakenly shipped with a Remote for the 400, but it worked just fine but was missing some of the new button features for the newer 410 model.

So sounds like the 400 Upgrade file will be a working starting point, then a learning universal remote can decipher the other buttons code from the 410's Remote.

I was interested in this post because I have the 2007 D-R550 Toshiba Recorder with built in Digital Tuners, and the Remote for it is simply 'atrocious'. I was looking for some assurance I could get this Device to be recognized by an Atlas OCAP I plan to buy, and other users on Amazon using Toshiba Recorders (made by Funia who also makes Philips DVDRs) where have no luck find a Device code on ANY URC for it. This post has sealed the deal for me, because I know the D-R410 is turnerless version of what I have, so the 440 RM file is a starting point and gives me hope.

I am jumping in with an Atlas OCAP and USB Cable to attach it to my Vista 32 OS. . For those of us technical enough not to be intimidated by the computer work required, this is a good opportunity to customize my remote the way I want it.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be even less effort than you thought. The amazon poster was mistaken. If he saw differences, then he didn't really have a 400 remote like he thought. That's because the 400 and 410 use the exact same remote (SE-R0265). So the D-R400 file is a perfect match for the D-R410 (I'll update the file to indicate this fact). There are absolutely no missing functions. All the buttons are identical. No learning or tweaking is required. The 410 actually has fewer features than the 400 (they removed divx playback, IIRC). Video code 1008 on the atlas might be pretty close.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, even if there were buttons missing, there's a good chance that those buttons would be covered by the master file mentioned earlier.
jrussell234

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the tips guys. You are definitely the Remote Gurus. Idea
jrussell234

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Toshiba DVDR D-R400/410/550/5560 and Philips DVDR3505/3506 Reply with quote

I have compared the Toshiba D-R400/410 Remote to my D-R550 and they are the same exception two more buttons for the Tuner in the 550, DTV/TV
and CH UP/DN.

So its looking very good for a go using the 400 Device Upgrade file to start.
In addition, I know that an Asian company called Funai makes both the 550/60 and the Philips 3505/6. So even though Philip provides a different and better layout on their remote, I am betting their button codes are the same. I remember one Amazon commenter saying he got the Philips 3505 to work on a Philips URC using Device code 690.

Hope this helps others, and when I get my cable from Tommy, I will get to work and follow up here with my experience getting the 550 working in an OCAP URC.
jrussell234

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and add a '-' button on the 550, for DTV Tuner sub-channel entry/selection, example, channel 11-3.

As mentioned by another input here, the 400/410 has a few buttons the 550 don't have.

Here is a good site for viewing/comparing remotes, as well as other mfg/models that use the same remote, and the Remote Model number they use for it. Just enter Mfg and Model.

http://www.newremotecontrol.com/catalog/newremsearch.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: