JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas 5 Device PVR and Olevia 537H

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lexluthor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Atlas 5 Device PVR and Olevia 537H Reply with quote

I've got 2 JP1 remotes that I set up forever ago.

I had used KM and IR at the time and was familiar with those.

I just got a new Olevia 537H and I found a rmdu file from here from here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4433, so I guess I have to use RM now.

So, I downloaded it, I saw a bunch of .rdf files for the Atlas, so I grabbed those and I got an images file as well.

So, I then loaded the rdf file for the Atlas, loaded the rmdu file for the Olevia TV and grabbed the output for the device upgrade.

I think opened up IR and copied the device upgrade data to my Atlas.

I see that a few buttons work, but most things aren't working. For example, power. If I hit TV to go to TV mode and then hit master power, the TV button doesn't even light up, so that would mean that it's not a valid button in that setup.

I'm totally confused now.

Any help is appreciated.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you download your remote with IR, what is the signature?

There are numerous "atlas remotes" so if you have chosen the wrong one in RM, things are going to be very wrong.
lexluthor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried a couple of different ones.

Either way, I figured out how to load it and then I just moved all the buttons around manually and it looks much better now.

I think a little more tweaking and I'll be set.

Thanks for the reply.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the exact remote it may have the device built in too. The built in code won't have the discrete input code tho.
lexluthor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan_s wrote:
Depending on the exact remote it may have the device built in too. The built in code won't have the discrete input code tho.

I don't think the Atlas remote has anything built in, but maybe I'm wrong.

Anyhow, it didn't quite work right out of the box, but once I had the rmdu file in RM, I was able to assign buttons to my remote however I wanted to, so I think I'm pretty much set.

I haven't added any devices in so long that I haven't been around here and have forgotten how to use these programs. I guess every couple of years, I need to re-learn all this stuff.

My 2 Atlas remotes were getting a little old, so I just ordered 2 new ones off ebay. I love these remotes and what you can do via JP1.

Glad you are all still here!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lexluthor wrote:
My 2 Atlas remotes were getting a little old, so I just ordered 2 new ones off ebay. I love these remotes and what you can do via JP1.

Be aware that the Atlas is kinda like the "house brand" at UEI, so everytime that they change their operating platform, they update the Atlas. Your old Atlas remotes are probably "EEPROM" based remotes, whereas the 2 new ones that you just bought on eBay are probably "Flash" remotes.

What you probably don't know is that EEPROM and Flash remotes require different JP1 cables, so the new remotes will likely not work with your old JP1 cable.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newer 3033 atlas remotes definitely have a built in code for the Olevia 537h tv.

You can see the info on the recent versions of these remotes at

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8508
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: