JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR8.01 Beta posted
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: IR8.01 Beta posted Reply with quote

IR8.01 Beta posted

Despite the small change in version number, IR8.01 will be a major new release of IR.exe. This is IR8.01 Beta and includes all the features currently planned for IR8.01. Nevertheless, a Beta version is issued for testing purposes, so USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

The main new features are:

* Tools/Options Submenu: There is a new Options submenu under the Tools menu, giving the ability to hide the Toolbar or the “middle buttons” of the General page and to augment the information on the Title Bar to display the signature, interface type and processor.

* Selection of multiple rows: It is now possible to select more than one row in the grids and list boxes. Multiple selections can be made in any of the usual ways and they can be moved, edited, cloned and deleted. Moving is performed by dragging with the mouse. In the case of grids, the drag must be started in the left-most (row number) column.

* Sorting of grids and list boxes: The various grids can now be sorted by clicking column headers. Most of the headers are active in this way. Sorting on multiple sort keys can be achieved by clicking headers in succession, starting with the most minor sort key. As is usual, successive presses of the same header reverse the sort order. The list boxes of the Devices, Protocols and Learned Signals pages can also be sorted, but as these do not have headers, there are instead entries on the right-click menu to sort them.

* Undoing moves and sorts: There are new buttons on the toolbar, and corresponding entries on right-click menus, to undo moves and sorts and also to re-do them after they have been undone. Up to eight levels of moving or sorting can be undone and redone, independently for each grid or list box.

* Highlighting: There is now a linkage to show what bytes on the Raw Data page correspond to any particular entry on the other pages. This is called Highlighting and it needs to be turned on through the Tools/Options menu before it can be used. It works with both grids and list boxes. These each gain a Color column when highlighting is turned on. A color can be selected for any item or multiple selection of items with the Set Highlight Color button on the toolbar, from the Set Color entry on the right-click menus or with the Color drop-down box on the editing form that appears when an Edit button is pressed. Double-clicking the Color column, even in list boxes, also opens the color selection form but this only works for single items. The Raw Data bytes corresponding to any item are highlighted in the chosen color on the Raw Data page.

* Escape=Cancel: In the dialog forms that have a Cancel button, the Escape key can now be used instead of the Cancel button.

The package includes an FAQ in addition to the usual Release Notes. Do please read the FAQ as it gives more details of the enhancements and how to make use of them.

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR USERS OF IR8.01 DEVELOPMENT BUILDS

If you have used any of the Development Builds of IR8.01, after you start the Beta version you should check the settings of the following menu options:

Interface/Auto Check
Interface/Verify Writes
Advanced/Wrap Summary Lines
Advanced/Always Display EEPROM Type

These should be ON (Checked) by default, but due to a bug in the routine that converts options from the old-style registry format (one entry per option) to the new-style format introduced in IR8.01 (one entry covers all options), they may have been turned OFF by the use of any of the Development Builds. As the options settings carry forward from one version to another, these incorrect values will be set also in IR8.01 Beta even though the conversion bug has been corrected. You should change these settings all to ON, unless you have deliberately set any of them OFF.

Last edited by mathdon on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that Timings Summary new too? That is too cool!!!! Oh forgot you're a Brit. Translation - I REALLY like it! Laughing
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new timings buttons work great, thanks. I have a question/request regarding the pop-up text screen. In other apps (like Notepad, etc) you can use CNTL+A to select everything, then do CNTL+C to copy it. I notice that CNTL+A doesn't work in IR's pop-up panel. Is it possible to enable it?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The new timings buttons work great, thanks. I have a question/request regarding the pop-up text screen. In other apps (like Notepad, etc) you can use CNTL+A to select everything, then do CNTL+C to copy it. I notice that CNTL+A doesn't work in IR's pop-up panel. Is it possible to enable it?

This is a weird one. If you open the new code and timings summaries from the right-click menu of the list box then CNTL+A works, but if you open them from the new buttons then it doesn't. I'll explore this and sort it out.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something strange going on with the notes field on the devices on general. I typed in some notes for every device, switched to a different tab and added a new upgrade which had some keymoves. This prompted me to select a device assignment as usual. I went back to the general tab and all my notes were gone. I didn't save the file at any point, if that makes any difference.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Something strange going on with the notes field on the devices on general. I typed in some notes for every device, switched to a different tab and added a new upgrade which had some keymoves. This prompted me to select a device assignment as usual. I went back to the general tab and all my notes were gone. I didn't save the file at any point, if that makes any difference.

I think it's weirder than that. I just tried to replicate your problem, what I did was go down the list of device buttons in the general tab and enter notes, I found that the notes would only stick in the odd numbered device buttons (ie, 1, 3, 5, etc) but not in the even numbered device buttons. It would take 3 or 4 attempts to get the note to stick in the even ones. Then I went through the list deleting the notes and again, the notes would delete no problem from the odds but they would remain in the evens.

In case it matters, I was using a "new" IR page with 15-1994 selected.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, I've resolved the CNTL+A problem. It is to do with precedence between two actions of CNTL+A, one being 'Select All', the other being 'Save As'.

Mdavej, I've identified the notes problem but not yet dealt with it. The action after "select device assignment" is to write the new assignment to the Raw Data buffer and then to reload the Device Buttons panel from that data. But Notes are stored in the '.ir' file, not in that buffer, so they get re-read from the '.ir' file and restored to their original (in your case, non-existent) values. I need to prevent that re-read of the Notes in those circumstances.

I didn't notice this re-load of Device Buttons data when I created the Notes column. My apologies for causing you to lose your Notes.

Edit: I wrote the above before I saw Rob's new post. I think that must be something different. I'll investigate and report later.

Edit2: This new problem seems to be something weird in the handling of data objects. An object used to store device button notes that is defined as of one type seems sometimes to be considered as a different but closely related type and so to be not recognised when referenced as the first type. I seem to have got round this successfully by checking for both object types. (Device Buttons have a different data structure to the various Advanced Codes so the issue doesn't arise with their notes).
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR 8.01 Beta 2 posted

I have now posted IR 8.01 Beta 2, which fixes minor bugs in the first Beta. Would Rob and mdavej please check that this deals with the issues they raised.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Graham, but this version doesn't work correctly. None of the tab buttons work on it for me (WinXP Pro SP3). I re-tried using *.00 just to verify that it's not my PC acting funny and 8.00 still works.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, do you mean that you can't switch from the General tab to the other tabs? I've no problem doing that and I haven't touched anything that should affect it. It isn't a re-emergence of this earlier problem a few people had, in which the tabs themselves were hidden by the toolbar, is it?
If it's not that, is there anything further you can tell me that might help me find what is happening?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, I've downloaded Beta 2 myself to check that there was no corruption on upload, and the downloaded copy works fine. I've re-uploaded the first Beta and would be grateful if you could check whether that version still works OK. The changes from Beta 1 to Beta 2 are very small so at present I'm at a loss to understand what is happening.

Has anyone else experienced Rob's problem with IR8.01 Beta 2?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have the problem with both 8.01 beta1 and beta2. As I had previously been able to use the new learning buttons, something must have changed on my end, and I have been having problems with IR hanging and refusing to close down recently. However, I again just re-tried 8.00 and it still works.

Just to be totally clear, I can see the menu tabs, but clicking on any of them has no effect, so I can't leave the General tab.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, beta 2 works fine for me. I tested the even/odd notes rows and the new device with keymoves erasing notes issues and both have been fixed. Thanks.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not having a problem either, but from the description it sounds like a modal dialog window is hidden.

One thing that I've noticed is that it doesn't prompt me to save my changes before I download from the remote. That feature used to save me from myself all the time.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, have you got the menu item Advanced/Suppress Messages turned on? This now suppresses the prompt to save changes, but it didn't used to do so. Rob asked specially for that change!

Rob, the only thing I can think of that propagates behaviour from one activation of IR to another is the registry. Could you post, or e-mail me, the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/UEIC registry settings so I can see if anything unusual has got into them?

Rob again, to rule out Vicky's suggestion of a hidden modal dialog window, do the panels in the General tab function properly - eg can you change device codes and settings - or is everything locked up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: