JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Motorola DCX3400: Need 30 Sec Skip Code
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sim-X

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Motorola DCX3400: Need 30 Sec Skip Code Reply with quote

so I just got a brand new moto dcx box installed and it came with a new remote. The remote looks like this

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/725/remotecontrolp1040493ss6.gif

Only the new remote is a little different color. The 30 second skip code 00173 does NOT work for this new remote. I think the re-mapping procedure is still the same because I have been playing with different codes and it does re-map but I just don't know what the code is for the 30 sec skip. Not sure the model number but like I said it looks like the one in the picture only a little bit darker. They must have updated the codes and it's not posted anywhere. Thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know what the 30 second skip was until I read this.

00173 is an EFC for certain Motorola DVR's used by Comcast. What is the model of your DVR? What setup code is it using?
Evan_s

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not obvious to someone who isn't familiar with the boxes but he has a Motorolla DCX for his dvr. Just the latest version of their box that adds support for mpeg4.

From the sounds of things the programming process functions correctly on the remote but when you press the button you don't get the 30 second skip correct?

Have you tried placing the skip on a different button? The remote may not let you reprogram some buttons.

You can also try just sending the code by making sure the remote is set for cable mode and pressing setup and then 00173. This should cause the remote to send out the 30 second skip code right away. You can use this process to test out ever possible code from 00001 to 00255 to see if you can find a working skip code yourself.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
he has a Motorolla DCX for his dvr

Thanks for the translation.

I pulled few comcast remotes out of my bins. It looks like the old JP1.2 remotes came with 1376 as a special cable upgrade which sends a G.I. Cable Dev 0 signal. The newer Comcast remotes come with 2 special upgrades, the 1376 code and an 1877 upgrade which is an RCA Dev 15 signal.

We really need to know which code the remote is using.

I think there is a way to blink back the setup code, but I really don't know how to do any of this manually.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More information

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=16615519
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That page says the DCX is code CBL/1982, which uses the moxi protocol AFAIK. Skip on the moxi is 15301, if you want to try that.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell me that this was not in the code search forum originally. I could have sworn this was in the beginners section.

If the 15301 doesn't work perhaps Sim-x can do a keymove based on the cable setup code 01376, since the old remote codes work with the box. I have no idea how you'd do this without the IR tools, but I'm sure it can be done. It would be easy enough with a cable but I am assuming Sim-x doesn't have a cable. Since we don't have the template form I really don't know.
Sim-X

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for all the replys, I have a brand new moto dcx 3400 from comcast. I can confirm that his box will take a skip command as my old remote works fine. I was just trying to get my new remote programmed to do skip. I will try the 1982 code. What is IR tools, I could def buy a cable if this is going to help. I'm not at home right now but I can post a picture of the new remote if you guys don't know which one it is. It looks exactly like the silver comcast remote only it has a different color shell.

I can confirm that the procedure for re-mapping a key is the same. I was able to re-map the triangle button (I was just testing random codes) and I was able to re-map different commands to this button, just don't know the skip code. I will try the ones you guy posted and report back.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear the "1982 code" was referring to the CBL/1982 setup code. The actual advanced codes that you would try with that setup code is 15301.

It would help if you were to confirm which setup code you are using at the moment.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're saying skip (00173) works with the new box using your old remote? If so, just do the keymove vicky described. I don't recall the details, but the idea is to program cable setup code 01376 (assuming that's the working code on your old remote) to some other device button, program 00173 to some button in that device mode, then keymove your new button to the desired button in your original CBL mode. All this can be done without a cable, but the cable makes it much easier and opens up a lot of programming possibilities.

To confirm the setup code your new remote is using and the setup code your old remote is using, do a code blink back on both:

Press the device button you want to the setup code for.
Press and hold SET(red LED blinks twice)
Enter 9-9-0
To view code for first digit, press 1 and then count the LED blinks.
press 2,3,4 for second,third,fourth digits, etc. A zero digit will have no blinks.
Sim-X

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at home now, I'm not exactly sure to perform a keymove. I took a pictures of the 2 remotes. The Silver remote is the older remote that works with skip and the other one is the new one that just came out.

So I tried code 15301 and successfully re-mapped this code to the triangle/lock button (where I usually program the skip button) So the function of the button did change but it still won't skip. After doing the remap using code 15301 it performs the same as the info button on my box. So when I hit it, it will bring up program info just like the info button. I have tried random codes and have got the button to do other things (I got it to do my dvr and dvr volume up) I don't remember what they were, but I just just seeing if that button can be re-mapped and it can. If getting a cable would help me do a keymove I wouldn 't mind getting one. I have 2 of these remotes I need programmed and I also have a bose system I would like to program to aux but we can get into that later once I get this figured out.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am assuming the remote with the GRAY ok/select command will send the 30 second delay. If you did the 990 described above you should see that the code on that remote is 1376

Here's how you program an EFC on the RED OK-button remote...
The red button remote uses 5 digit setup codes. The gray button remote instructions will be different.

1)Select Aux
2) Hold setup 2 flashes
3) type 01376 2 flashes

1) select Aux button
2) Hold SETUP, 2 flashes
3) Type 994, 2 flashes
4) Tap SETUP
4) Enter the EFC 00173
5) Tap the button to be programmed [Cbl][triangle], 2 flashes

Now feel free to change the Aux button to any code you need.

Quote:
If getting a cable would help me do a keymove I wouldn 't mind getting one. I have 2 of these remotes I need programmed and I also have a bose system I would like to program to aux but we can get into that later once I get this figured out.

By all means get a cable. But beware, this JP1 stuff can be addictive! Wink
Sim-X

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I am assuming the remote with the GRAY ok/select command will send the 30 second delay. If you did the 990 described abouve you should see that the code on that remote is 1376

Here's how you program an EFC on the RED OK-button remote...
The red button remote uses 5 digit setup codes. The gray button remote instructions will be different.

1)Select Aux
2) Hold setup 2 flashes
3) type 01376 2 flashes

1) select Aux button
2) Hold SETUP, 2 flashes
3) Type 994, 2 flashes
4) Tap SETUP
4) Enter the EFC 00173
5) Tap the button to be programmed [Cbl][triangle], 2 flashes

Now feel free to change the Aux button to any code you need.

Quote:
If getting a cable would help me do a keymove I wouldn 't mind getting one. I have 2 of these remotes I need programmed and I also have a bose system I would like to program to aux but we can get into that later once I get this figured out.

By all means get a cable. But beware, this JP1 stuff can be addictive! Wink

wow that worked just perfect - amazing

Still not 100% sure what I did but it's just taking the old style code and programming in to that key rather than the new code? So where there be a "new" code for skip with this remote? Works perfect though so thanks much!!! I am going to post a link on avs forums just to make sure you get credit for the fix.

thanks again for the skip fix!!

Last edited by Sim-X on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sim-X wrote:
... it's just taking the old style code and programming in to that key rather than the new code? So where there be a "new" code for skip with this remote?
Pretty much. You programed the old device code and it's skip code. In doing so, you temporarily had to assign the old device to AUX long enough to do the keymove. As vicky said, you can change AUX to whatever you want now. Doubt there will be a new skip code. My guess is they intended to remove it (content providers hate commercial skips), but we found a back door with the old code. Glad it worked out.
FastKatt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: 30sec Skip Code Reply with quote

The new 30sec skip code for the dark gray remote is 00083
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: