JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Web site is back up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Web site is back up Reply with quote

Apparently there was a power outage at one of the data centers that my ISP uses, which caused most of their sites (including their own) to be down.

Here's their notice:
http://www.ipower.com/info/systemnotice.bml?id=7572

Several of the forum databases had crashed, so I had to repair them in order to get the forum working.

[EDIT]Just testing the edit function.

Last edited by The Robman on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob, my hands were beginning to shake from JP1 withdrawl Smile . Glad you got it fixed!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still having a lot of problems posting things. I get "No post mode specified" if I try to edit or submit a post, followed usually by "Internet Explorer cannot display this web page" when I first try to look if it actually worked. Similar problems when I tried to post IR8.01 Dev Build 1. I think it is there, now, but for a time it seemed as if the text had changed but the file upload itself was empty. After posting it a second time as a new upload I then found the original edit had apparently worked, after all, so I deleted the second one.

I presume it is all a result of the power outage but I thought you, Rob, should know that all is not yet entirely well.

[Edit]Dev Build 1 doesn't seem to have uploaded correctly. I've had several more tries, but can't download the result even when it announces a successful upload.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you still having problems? I just tried editing my earlier post in this thread without problem and I was able to download build1 without problem.

I also tried uploading a new file and did so without problem. I was also able to download it.

Is anybody else having the problems that Graham describes?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All now seems well, Rob. It looks as if everything has been sorted in the past two hours since I had my problems. I've just downloaded IR8.01 Dev Build 1 and also posted a message on the wish list without any of the previous difficulties.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! so I'm not the only one!
Basically the site is slooooooow, like 30 seconds to load but it's been like this for a while. But that's minor.

I was posting a reply. Couldn't because it said "connection closed by the remote server" - it shouldn't close as I'm using it. So I tried again, this time it worked. Turns out the first post worked, so there were now two of my posts.
When I tried deleting a duplicate, got the same closed connection message. Then when I asked to delete again, it said that I can only delete my own message, which this was.
Somehow or other things got sorted out, the duplicate is gone.

But something isn't right with the timeouts or something. It might have to do with all those doubleclick ads attempting connections, but even if permitted the closed connection behavior was the same.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooops! same problem happened here and I couldn't correct.
I pinged the site. 1/4 or 2/4 pings failed.
I will try to delete the duplicated post here.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something is going wrong again. Most of the time I can't get in myself and I can see that several databases are corrupt but this time, I'm not able to repair them.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good today and slightly faster as well Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Web Site Issues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: