JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic SV-3800 DAT code?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carwarr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Panasonic SV-3800 DAT code? Reply with quote

I programmed a friends 8810w with 0029 which I thought might have worked for this device but no go. We tried all the other built in panasonic codes in all the catagories (execpt TV) because I was not sure what a cassette would be under, or if a DAT is even a cassette.

Anyone have any other ideas? He is out of state, and if I cannot get anything to work, he will have to wait until he comes back to see me in Vegas with the learned codes from the origional remote to figure it out with my JP1 cable. He is one of those goofy Mac users so he cannot use JP1 (yet)

Thanks
Mitch
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAT codes are lumped in with VCR codes. I looked around and can't find any codes for Panasonic DAT players. There seems to one code to work all DAT players, and that's DAT/0158 (or VCR/0158), but it's not in the URC-8810w for some strange reason (it's in the URC-8910 and the 15-2116 though).

I would suggest that you get your friend to use learning to capture the signals in the meantime, then when you get a chance to hook up, download his remote's memory and make him an upgrade.
Carwarr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
DAT codes are lumped in with VCR codes. I looked around and can't find any codes for Panasonic DAT players. There seems to one code to work all DAT players, and that's DAT/0158 (or VCR/0158), but it's not in the URC-8810w for some strange reason (it's in the URC-8910 and the 15-2116 though)..

How did I not see that one? I was trying to load the remote with codes that looked like they would work with his equipment but not built in, so he could try them and then if it doesn't work, then try the built in codes. I should have preprogrammed it with that before I mailed it to him!

Anyway, I used my 15-2117 to learn some codes from 0158 to my 8810 and it looks like it is RC-5 device 23 for all functions. Anyone know if there ARE any setup codes built in to the 8810 with that protocol and device that I could try some manual EFC's with to see if that might work?

See what I am getting at? Doing the Apex/TV thing with keymoves. Hey, I think I am getting the hang of this!

Thanks All/Rob.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carwarr wrote:
Anyway, I used my 15-2117 to learn some codes from 0158 to my 8810 and it looks like it is RC-5 device 23 for all functions. Anyone know if there ARE any setup codes built in to the 8810 with that protocol and device that I could try some manual EFC's with to see if that might work?

I looked that up before replying, so no, there aren't any similar codes you can try. Maybe you can do this, maybe you can get your buddy to learn as many DAT functions as he can into the URC-8810 and then have him send it back to you. You can download the learned signals, build an upgrade, then replace the learned signals, and return it to him.
Carwarr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I looked that up before replying, so no, there aren't any similar codes you can try. Maybe you can do this, maybe you can get your buddy to learn as many DAT functions as he can into the URC-8810 and then have him send it back to you. You can download the learned signals, build an upgrade, then replace the learned signals, and return it to him.

Thanks Rob, that is sort of what I was thinking too. I am going to wait and see how much he likes the remote and then maybe have him buy another one to use as the inbetween remote. We shall see. He at least has the origional remote till he comes and visits.

When I first programmed it for him, I added a couple of codes that I thought might control his devices that were not built in, and when I mailed it to him he was a little dissapointed when he got it as only his TV was working. He was really impressed that we got everything working(execept for the DAT) after walking him through trying all the built in codes over the phone with him. I said "You haven't seen anything yet!"

Another happy customer thanks to all of you here!

Mitch
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: