JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR 8.00 available!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, Bill. It looks to me as if the outer set of quotes in the Registry Editor window is a feature of the editor, not of the registry value itself, as there is no backslash escape character before them in the exported value. This is supported by the fact that the KM button did actually work for you. My parsing of the registry value in IR would have failed, and the button would not have worked, if there were two initial double quote signs in the value. The difference between .xls and .XLS also seems irrelevant, as IR looks for .xls but since the KM button worked for you, it clearly found the entry for .XLS. So it is looking increasingly likely that there is something amiss in Jerry's registry entry or his Excel install. I'll let this issue drop unless Jerry does eventually get back with the info I need.

On the other matter
WagonMaster wrote:

mathdon wrote:

WagonMaster wrote:

In none of those 3 setups does the 'IR.exe' main window occupy the full screen, though, so maybe the screen size/resolution thing is a "red herring".

A further thought on that issue. The main IR window is re-sizeable (as are the individual panels on the General tab, from IR8.00 on), and the size is preserved from one invocation to the next. So you can try re-sizing the window to fit the screen, to see if the issue is related to that. Incidentally, the default size of the main window, when IR is first installed, is a little less than 800x600 with the intention that it does all show on an 800x600 screen. If you've never re-sized it, does it overflow the sceen by much?

I'm not sure I'm following you completely on this one, Graham. Sorry if I'm being dense here....

No, Bill, it's not you being dense. My brain wasn't working when I wrote that! Embarassed Somehow I took your description to mean that the IR main window was larger than the screen size, so you needed to scroll to see it all, when it clearly means it is smaller. All I can think of is that I have a continuing concern about making sure that everything will fit OK on an 800x600 screen and I thought you had found something that didn't do so. I'm sorry I put you to the trouble of doing more tests as a result of my own stupidity Smile .
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the follow-up, Graham.

No need to apologize for the extra testing needed. I'm happy to help in any way I can, even if that occasionally results in a "wild goose chase" or two. Very Happy

Thanks for all your hard work on 'IR.exe'!

Regards,
Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: