JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Found Sony System Off code

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpm1200

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Found Sony System Off code Reply with quote

Hello,
I have an RM-U262 remote (late 90s vintage) which has a System Off button. I found that it turns off all my Sony gear quickly (TV, DVD player, receiver and VCR). Some digging turned up this code on RC: Sony discrete for Pronto
Basically it's Sony15 with Device=4 and OBC=55. You will have to force Sony15 since the device id is less than 32.
This code takes up less space and executes quicker than going through each Sony device and sending OBC 47. It apparently will not work with all devices, but it's worth trying.
I created an RM file and posted it here for review: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6795
Let me know what you think.......
If it's useful I propose that this code be added into the master spreadsheet: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4768
Thanks!
rpm1200

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
I realized that code does NOT turn off Sony TVs. It does turn off my Sony receiver, DVD player and VCR. Since the System Off button on Sony remotes does turn off Sony TVs, it must be sending two codes:
1. Sony12 Device=1 OBC=47
2. Sony15 Device=4 OBC=55
This kinda makes sense since this person captured the TV Off code (#1 above) when learning the System Off button - they probably just missed the second code.
Hope this is helpful!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: