JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Clone RS-1994 to RS-2117?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject: Clone RS-1994 to RS-2117? Reply with quote

Thanks to a new DVD player and this forum, I reluctantly took the leap into the JP1 stuff last week. I built the simple interface for about $6, downloaded the software, and now I'm programming my 1994 with my computer! I should have done this years ago!

Also thanks to this forum, I learned that the RS 2117 (with RF capabilities), which retails for $49.99, can be had at Radio Shack for $29.99. Apparently this is not a published sale and even the store personnel were not aware of it.

Here's my question: I want to keep my 1994 in the living room where all my components are. I'd like to put the 2117 in the bedroom so I can operate all the compoents from afar, but I'd like the programming on the two remotes to be identical (except for the "Smart" keys on the 1994). Is it possible to use the JP1 to clone the 1994 programming to the 2117 and, if so, how do I do it?

Thanks to all who figured out how to build the JP1 interfaces, who wrote the software, and who operate this forum. My hat is off to you!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't a clone feature, and also be aware that the buttons on the 15-2117 aren't in exactly the same places as they are on the 15-1994.

So, what you need to for starters is just program the same setup codes into the new remote that your 15-1994 uses and then manually re-enter the programming from the 15-1994 into the 15-2117.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: