JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RTI Trigger Codes - won't decode.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonsezdothis

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: RTI Trigger Codes - won't decode. Reply with quote

Has anyone had any experience with RTI Trigger Codes?
I'm using a URC 8910(B02) and an RTI RP6 Controller.
I have Macro's and RS232 Commands stored in the RP6 and use the trigger codes to fire everything from my URC8910.

The RTI Trigger Codes won't decode with IR Tool.
I am currently using them as learned codes, but have run out of memory.

Here's a text file of the RTI Codes. (I'm not using all of these - but this is the report generated from the RTI Program "Integration Designer"
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6730

Interested to hear if anyone else is using an RTI Controller like this, (ie ... without an RTI remote) or if these codes can be decoded somehow.

(Am I right also, that it is not possible to create a key move with a learned code? - I could have saved some memory that way as there are common commands across devices. System Off for example)
Cheers
Peter
simonsezdothis

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: RTI Triggers Reply with quote

Hi.

Sorry ... I should mention I am not using an extender with the URC8910, as I couldn't see how to Un-install it if I needed the Learning functions again.
Cheers
Peter
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very easy to uninstall the extender to use learning again. Choose one of these ways (based on whether the JP1 cable is handy when you want to start learning):

In all cases, it is a good idea to have already saved a file on your PC from ir.exe with your 8910 configuration before you installed the extender and another with your latest configuration including the extender.

1) Without JP1 cable before learning (you''l still need it after learning): Remove a battery, press any key, replace the battery, do the normal factory reset.

2) With JP1 cable before and after learning: Upload the configuration you saved before you installed the extender.

Either way, you probably then want to:
Learn some signals.
Download the learned signals to the PC.
Decode Them.
Edit the saved configuration with extender to use information from those decodes.
Upload that configuration back to the 8910 and reactivate the extender.

None of that does you any good until we can give you a protocol executor for your RTI signals so you could use the extender. I'm on the wrong computer this morning to even look at that. Usually Rob gets to such things much faster than I do anyway.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read the Extender FAQ, you will see that to uninstall the extender, you just remove a battery, press a button, re-install the battery, and conduct a 981 reset (or "MFR Reset" on the 8910).

You should be able to decode those codes using IRTool

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't decode these with IrTool until I add this protocol to DecodeIr.dll

All those signal look phase encoded with no lead in nor other glitches. I manually checked the phase pattern on the first signal and it is consistent with phase encoding (a random pattern of mainly 0010 with some 0020 would look like phase encoding but be inconsistent when you check the actual phase pattern).

DecodeIr.dll is supposed to have a generic phase decoder, that does that phase check and does a partial decode for anything that passes the phase check. It isn't doing so for these signals. I don't know why. I don't recall ever seeing phase encoded signals this long. Maybe there is some limit set too low in DecodeIr.dll.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a 9 1/2 byte signal where the last byte is the OBC (in lsb format) and the preceding byte is the complement of it.

When decoding by hand, be aware that the signal starts with a 0 so the first pair starts with an off time, which you can't actually see.

I've been trying to build an upgrade for this all morning but it's just not working. We're supposed to be able to generate 10 byte signals but I think we're tripping a limit here somehow.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I've been trying to build an upgrade for this all morning but it's just not working. We're supposed to be able to generate 10 byte signals but I think we're tripping a limit here somehow.
Possibly you are exceeding the IR engine bit buffer size:
Code:
HCS08 ......... 80 bits
S3C8 .......... 64 bits
SST ........... 48 bits
6805-RC16/18 .. 48 bits
P8/740 ........ 48 bits
6805-C9 ....... 40 bits

simonsezdothis

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys.
OK ... I get it now with the extender. That looks like a very useful feature.

Without asking too much, (cos i probably wont understand the answer!) I can see the 9 1/2 byte thing, but cant understand why there are 4 different types of burst pairs. I have only seen 2 previously representing 0 and 1. Am I on the wrong track here?

0010 0010
0010 0020
0020 0010
0020 0020

cheers
P
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only really 2 burst pairs:

+0010 -0010 and
-0010 +0010

When you see a 0020 pair, it's because two similar pairs occurred back to back (which happens when the binary changes from 1 to 0 and vice versa).

This is a 76 bit signal, so I am indeed tripping the 64 bit limit (which I didn't know existed before now). I might be able to do the signal in two parts.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent a lot of time trying to do this in two parts and I got very close, but not close enough, so for the first time ever, I'm giving up, I can't create an upgrade for the RTI.

For those that are interested in how I was trying to do it, I split the signal into four 7 bit segments and six 8 bit segments. I tried to send the first part using just the fixed data and the second part using just the variable data, but it proved impossible to get the first part to have a zero leadout time.
simonsezdothis

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your efforts on this. I really do appreciate what you're doing here.
Am I right in assuming that it still may be possible to create this upgrade, for a "JP1" remote that uses the HCS08 processor?

If this is the case, I'm happy to simply buy one that will do what I need it to do.
Would that help?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Mike is right that the HCS08 remotes can handle signals up to 80 bits, then yes, they should be able to handle this 76 bit signal. Let me see if I can get an upgrade working in one of my URC-8820s then you can buy it from me.
simonsezdothis

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob ... that'd be great.
I've been looking at the HCS08 Remotes, and the 8820 would have been my pick. Happy to buy one (or two) from you.
Would you know which processor the URC7781 (stealth 12?) has, and if it's JP1 compatible. (this is available locally)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, the HCS08 version does indeed work. I have learned the signals from my URC-8820 remote using my URC-8910 remote so you can test them. I have added notes showing what each learned button does in the following file:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6743

Please load it into your URC-8910 and test it, if it works it confirms that the HCS08 upgrade works. I've already confirmed that it matches the pronto hex.
simonsezdothis

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob - good news indeed - they all work perfectly.
Well Done!

Let me know the cost etc for the 8820's etc.
THANKS !!

Now that this is possible, I'm sure it will be of use to others too.
Cheers
Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: