JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR v8.01 wish list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
uwe

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please,
change the property "Cancel" of the "Cancel" buttons in all forms to "True",
so we can close the dialogs with the "ESC" key.

Uwe
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another suggestion for something that would save me a lot of time. I'd like two new buttons on the Learned Signals tab.

1) Code Summary
This button would bring up a reduced section of the Summary file, which just shows the codes for the learned signals.

2) Times Summary
This button would bring up a reduced section of the Summary file, which just shows the raw data for the learned signals.

By all means, come up with different labels for the buttons if you like.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I have another suggestion for something that would save me a lot of time. I'd like two new buttons on the Learned Signals tab.

1) Code Summary
This button would bring up a reduced section of the Summary file, which just shows the codes for the learned signals.

2) Times Summary
This button would bring up a reduced section of the Summary file, which just shows the raw data for the learned signals.

By all means, come up with different labels for the buttons if you like.
I presume you mean (although not explicitly stated) that this should display for ALL learned signals rather than just the selected?

I second this request.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I mean all the buttons.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second Report on IR 8.01

The Robman wrote:
mathdon wrote:
ElizabethD wrote:
5. Keymoves maintenance would be easier if multiselection was allowed. Select all to, for iinstance, delete all keymoves; select several to move up or down as a group.
Done. Multiselect now works on all the Advanced Codes grids (Key Moves, Macros etc.). It only operates with moving and deleting rows, as I can't see any meaning to editing or cloning with multiselect. Is there anything else that should work with it?

Funnily enough I was going to ask for this feature myself as I wanted to delete a range of learned signals without deleting them all, so if you haven't already done so, could you add this functionality to the Learned Signals panel.
It didn't work with learned signals, but now it does. It works with the list boxes of Devices, Protocols and Learned Signals, and as with the grids, (at present) only for deleting and moving.

unclemiltie wrote:
I often am looking for the "data" for a macro, keymove, etc in the raw data. The way that I find it now is that I 'll set the baseline, change the key, then see what changed. I do this when I'm trying to debug an extender issue and I need to know the address of something that isn't quite working right as I try to chase down what is going on.

It would be really useful if there was a right-click on an item in the Macro, keymove or special protocols tab that was "highlight in raw data" IR would then switch to the raw data tab and somehow highlight the data for that macro, keymove, or special protocol. (I guess learns would be useful as well, but I don't much pay attention to those)
Done, but not quite in this way. I've added an option to the new Tools/Options menu called Highlighting. When Highlighting is turned on, the various Advanced Codes grids all gain an extra column, Color. When you put a color in Color then the bytes in Raw Data for the entry concerned are highlighted in that color. You can highlight as many entries as you wish, in the same or different colors.

ElizabethD wrote:
9. On RawData tab, a Find command for a sequence of bytes would be nice.
Liz, does Highlighting meet this need? It depends on what you want to find in Raw Data.

The Robman wrote:
So Graham, where is 8.01? You know that we want to start playing with it, don't you??? Sounds like you've done a great job.
Sorry for the delay - I hope you think it was worth the wait. I've posted IR 8.01 Development Build 0 here. It's not yet a Beta issue as there is no pretence that it is finished, but you want to see it and I would welcome feedback. If your favourite suggestion is not included, don't worry. There is more to come.

The package includes an FAQ. PLEASE read it! It covers points that users need to know that I haven't covered in these posts.

Graham
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks very good, I tried highlighting and deleting a bunch of stuff and it all appears to work. The color thing is a cute idea, but I think the UI for setting the color is a little convoluted. In addition to the right-click menu option, I think if the user double-clicks in the color cell, the set color popup should come up. Also, it would be cool you have a drop down in the main keymove edit popup where you could select the color. Ditto for the macro edit popup.

I think you could enable the use of "edit" on the right-click menu when you have multiple keymoves or learned signals highlighted. Then on the pop-up edit panel, any item that is the same for all of the highlighted items should be visible and any item that has different values should be blank. The reason the user might want this is if they want to move a whole range of keymoves or learned buttons from one device mode to another. Another example might be if they've programmed a number of keymoves using a certain EFC and setup code (for volume, for example) but now they have a different receiver, so first they might highlight all of the volume keymoves and change the setup code to the new setup code, then thry might highlight all of the VOL+ keymoves and change the EFC, etc.

Regardless of whether the item has different values when the edit popup is activated, if the user choses to enter a value in the pop-up, all selected keymoves/learns should be edited to use the new value.

What do you think, is this do-able?

Here's another one. Could you add a device button dropdown to the add Upgrade Device popup, which would let people assign their new upgrades directly to a device button?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! I like it. Can the "highlilght raw data" capability be extended to device and protocol upgrades? And to individual settings on the General Tab?

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful. Thanks for the new Device Notes column. Love the color thing.

I threw this out there before, but what to you think of some upload/download animation besides the pseudo LED? I initially thought a progress bar or some other graphic, but now I'm thinking a simple hourglass cursor or some blinking text may be enough.

Thanks for all the effort. All these enhancements are great.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The color thing is a cute idea, but I think the UI for setting the color is a little convoluted. In addition to the right-click menu option, I think if the user double-clicks in the color cell, the set color popup should come up. Also, it would be cool you have a drop down in the main keymove edit popup where you could select the color. Ditto for the macro edit popup.
All this is do-able. The double-click won't work with multiple selections as the first click will make only the current row be selected. I suggest also adding a new Highlight button along with the Edit, Delete etc buttons on each of the panels concerned, as this would work with multiple selections. Should it be hidden or merely disabled when Highlighing option is off? I don't want to make Highlighting be permanently on as I think it is a minority interest. In fact, should the Highlighting option be on the Advanced menu instead of on Tools/Options? As regards a color drop-down on the keymove and macro edit dialogs, presumably you would want this on all five of the Advanced Codes edits?

The Robman wrote:
I think you could enable the use of "edit" on the right-click menu when you have multiple keymoves or learned signals highlighted. Then on the pop-up edit panel, any item that is the same for all of the highlighted items should be visible and any item that has different values should be blank. ... Regardless of whether the item has different values when the edit popup is activated, if the user choses to enter a value in the pop-up, all selected keymoves/learns should be edited to use the new value.
This also seems do-able, and I like it as it adds to the benefits of multiselection. I presume the Bound Key choices should be greyed out when multiple rows are selected.

The Robman wrote:
Here's another one. Could you add a device button dropdown to the add Upgrade Device popup, which would let people assign their new upgrades directly to a device button?
I'll look into this. It's partly there at present, as if you add a device upgrade that includes keymoves, you get asked to choose a device button or else the keymoves will be ignored.

Capn Trips wrote:
Can the "highlilght raw data" capability be extended to device and protocol upgrades? And to individual settings on the General Tab?
I'll look into this. I thought about the device and protocol upgrades when I was doing it. It's a bigger issue as the data for a single upgrade is not all contiguous. Also I can't see how to add the chosen color to the device and protocol listboxes, and to replace the listboxes by grids is a more major exercise. [Edit: I think I've found out how to do the color thing in a listbox, so I'll look into it again.] I hadn't thought about the Settings grid. That one should be straightforward.

mdavej wrote:
Beautiful. Thanks for the new Device Notes column. Love the color thing.
Thanks, mdavej. It's comments like this that make it all worthwhile.

mdavej wrote:
I threw this out there before, but what to you think of some upload/download animation besides the pseudo LED? I initially thought a progress bar or some other graphic, but now I'm thinking a simple hourglass cursor or some blinking text may be enough.
It's not forgotten. It's definitely on my to-do list as one of the next things to tackle.

Graham
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update to my previous post: I've sorted the ListBox problem and now have Highlighting working with Device and Protocol Upgrades and Learned Signals.

Graham
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham,
I hardly had a chance to use, and enjoy, v8 and this one is almost ready?! Smile
Just quick replies to questions you asked, but most have in some fashion already been handled as I'm reading.

mathdon wrote:
ElizabethD wrote:
5. Keymoves maintenance would be easier if multiselection was allowed. Select all to, for iinstance, delete all keymoves; select several to move up or down as a group.
Done. Multiselect now works on all the Advanced Codes grids (Key Moves, Macros etc.). It only operates with moving and deleting rows, as I can't see any meaning to editing or cloning with multiselect. Is there anything else that should work with it?
I don't think so in keymoves. And I see Rob asked for other places.

mathdon wrote:
ElizabethD wrote:
9. On RawData tab, a Find command for a sequence of bytes would be nice.
Liz, does Highlighting meet this need? It depends on what you want to find in Raw Data.
What do I want to find? At the very least the start of a macro or keymove. If possible, show the whole thing to the end. Finding where an upgrade device starts would be nice as well. As I read this thread, highlighting will do the job. Also I see unclemiltie supplied some detailed ideas related to this.

Another finder, for sheets other than RawData, would be useful along the lines of "Where did I use the Enter key in keymoves, macros, or device upgrades" and related change: "Let's replace every use of Enter with "someOtherButton". The usefulness of something like this shows up big time when extender keymapping changes and one needs to just make bulk replacements.
Replacing in device upgrades is a can of worms, so skip replace there, but finding would be good.
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about x64 (XP in my case) support for serial interfaces?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actual I/O isn't done by IR.exe itself, it's done by a DLL called jp12serial.dll, so your request should be directed to that application rather than IR.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:

Another finder, for sheets other than RawData, would be useful along the lines of "Where did I use the Enter key in keymoves, macros, or device upgrades" and related change: "Let's replace every use of Enter with "someOtherButton". The usefulness of something like this shows up big time when extender keymapping changes and one needs to just make bulk replacements.
Replacing in device upgrades is a can of worms, so skip replace there, but finding would be good.
Excellent suggestion, Liz! I don't know HOW many times (but it's been more than 1 or 2) I've been bitten when a key assignment changes, and I cannot find all of the locations in Macros and SP Functions that it is used in order to update/replace it.

Amazon Firestick
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest thing I've wanted to see in IR for a long time:

Ability to sort key moves, macros, and special protocols. Up and Down buttons would suffice. My IR files tend to be complex, and the ability to move things around so that things are logically grouped would make it much easier to understand my file when I come back to it a year later.
[/list]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: