JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Phantom Buttons not working (OFA-9910)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radunn wrote:
Ok, when I add Phantom 1 etc., or Stop/Rec to the macro, should it follow the device key or is it not needed? i.e. AUX;Phantom1/Stop or just phantom1 or stop

To be safe, you should always include the device keys in your macros, if you don't include the device key you would always need to make sure that the remote was in the right mode before you execute the macro.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radunn wrote:
The Robman wrote:
radunn wrote:
I assigned Select Component1 to STOP (M1) / HDMI1 to REC (M3); adding the keys to the macro(s). Neither macro works.

Does pressing the STOP and REC buttons select the right input?

These work instantly as soon as pressed.
Quote:

If pressing the buttons works, but using them in macros doesn't, sometimes changing the order of things in the macro will help, or putting a meaningless button in between other buttons will help. Some buttons just don't work well in macros, so some experimentation is needed to find a sequence that will work.

I added SWAP button between Power/Play at m1: TV;Power;(swap);play, deleting CBL;Power.....does not work
Quote:

Another possibility is that you need a long hold of the button and the macro is giving you a short hold. To test this, once you've verified that the buttons themselves work, try creating a macro that has just one step, that being either the STOP or REC button, and see if that works. If it doesn't, then it's not the sequence that's the problem, it's probably the duration.

Creating the one-step macro does not work either; most likely it IS the duration. Thanks
When you upload your IR file, upload one that SHOWS all of these keymoves and macros so that we can actually look at them. Also, if you are using a device upgrade, include that device upgrade (zip the files together and upload them). ALSO, PLEASE use the "Notes" fields in IR and RM to describe what macros and keymoves and device and protocol upgrades are for. With that, rather than simply describing possiblities and going back and forth a hundred times, one of us is likely going to be able to return to you a device upgrade and IR file ready to go.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added AUX;Phantom1 to M1; it does not work. Assigning Select Component1/HDMI1 to buttons does work without any lag. At this point learning to create the Pause protocol - device via Remote Master seems to be the next step. A few members recommended this; I'm willing to get started Laughing

Full IR file w/macros and notes: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6631

Samsung LN46A4550 upgrade file: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5513
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really sounds like "Pause" is not what you need. You previously wrote that the function did not work even when it was just a single command in a macro, so it would seem that your problem is NOT that the signal is being sent too SOON after a previous command. Instead, it appears that when you are not physically holding down the button for that function, it does not transmit LONG ENOUGH to be recognized.

You need duration control to extend the duration of the signal transmitted. That's why I asked for you to post some more complete IR and RM files, to allow more specific assistance.

Have you tried sending the same function twice immediately in succession in your macros as I suggested a few days ago? Frequently that is all you need to make it work.

If not that, then you need to replace your device upgrade (I assume you are using one) with a Device Combiner upgrade.

Happy to help you with that if you provide the files requested.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the KM file you provided is not the one you used in your IR file. I presume that is due to the lack of KeyMove space, and you changed around some Keymoves to fit in the available memory, correct?

Well, I re-built the upgrade in RM as a Device Combiner upgrade, using a duration of 3. You can change that if it is still too short, of course. Hopefully, you can open a RM file, since I did not do this in KM.

Changed the Device Type of the AUX upgrade to "CBL"rather than "TV". This allows more functions to be mapped to buttons in the upgrade and creates fewer keymoves. Even though the device upgreade and protocol upgrade exceed the available upgrade memory, IR automatically overflows any excess into your learning memory, so you're OK there.

As for the keymoves, I suspect that I kept some function on buttons in the upgrade that you would probably want to delete and move previously-keymoved functions onto, as I had to selectively delete some (in my judgement) "obscurer" functions from the Keymove section until we were under the memory limit. (Particularly, I deleted the Keymove for PIP on/off from the shift-PIP button, while keeping your normal button assignment of PIP Size on the PIP button.)

Here's the IR file with the new upgrade installed. Give it a shot.

EDIT: with the shortage of memory, you MIGHT want to consider using the extender. It gains you a LOT of Keymove Macro memory, and has several other nice features allowing you to better customize your remote. I converted your IR file to an extended file and ou suddenlly have 543 bytes of Keymove/Macro space left. Your single learned signal is a trivial keymove on the SAT device, so the loss of learned signal capability associated with the extender would not affect you adversely at all.

Amazon Firestick

Last edited by Capn Trips on Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:

You need duration control to extend the duration of the signal transmitted. That's why I asked for you to post some more complete IR and RM files, to allow more specific assistance.

Quote:

Have you tried sending the same function twice immediately in succession in your macros as I suggested a few days ago? Frequently that is all you need to make it work.
Yes, entering them twice was not successful.
Quote:

If not that, then you need to replace your device upgrade (I assume you are using one) with a Device Combiner upgrade.

I'm not sure about Device Combiner upgrade but included all 3 files zipped (original Samsung upgr, Samsung RM and IR w/full macros)

Link for zip: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6634
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our last several posts have crossed one another, so I will let you give the files I posted above a try and see if there is any progress.

Amazon Firestick
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far no progress with either posted file. Seems that the macros really aren't worth it; much simpler to assign buttons. I would like to learn more about the device-combiner/pause extension etc.; are there tutorials? Thanks much for your valued time.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you haven't messed with the duration yet. In the RM file, extend the duration to a number higher than 3.

In fact, for simplicity so you don't have to go back to RM all of the time while you're tweaking it, you can simply edit the keymoves directly in IR.

Look at the keymoves assigning COMPONENT 1 and HDMI 1 to Phantom 1 and 2. Edit them in HEX mode, changing the "03" to something high like "09" and see if that makes a difference.

Then if it works, you can incrementally decrease that duration bit until you have your optimum setting.

Amazon Firestick
radunn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
Well, you haven't messed with the duration yet. In the RM file, extend the duration to a number higher than 3.
I'm assuming this is in RM at Functions tab (duration)?
Quote:

you can simply edit the keymoves directly in IR.

Look at the keymoves assigning COMPONENT 1 and HDMI 1 to Phantom 1 and 2. Edit them in HEX mode, changing the "03" to something high like "09" and see if that makes a difference.

Then if it works, you can incrementally decrease that duration bit until you have your optimum setting.
In IR (Key Moves tab) I highlight the Key, click Edit/ put the radial at HEX/Cmd. At this point I don't see "03" etc and haven't a clue what HEX data is required... ouch Crying or Very sad
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Capn,
I looked at the IR file you created and something's weird. The device upgrade uses protocol $0144, but the protocol that you added is $0027. I just opened your DC upgrade using RM and confirmed that RM is giving $0144 as the protocol upgrade.

Radunn,
I suspect that you'll need to replace the $0027 protocol upgrade with the following...

Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 44 (S3C80) Device Combiner (RM v1.90)
00 00 22 08 06 96 10 04 90 05 6B 03 E4 05 0D 38
04 2C FF E7 62 45 E7 32 44 E3 42 E3 52 1C 03 E3
72 D7 17 1E A2 36 3B F7 97 01 FF 06 D9 02 56 94
BF C6 CA 01 00 C6 C2 23 82 70 C3 70 C2 C6 DA 44
78 1F 44 13 46 4B 00 5A 31 1F 1F
End

As for the keymoves that the Capn mentioned, if you edit the "Discrete Off" keymove, for example, you will need that it uses the following hex code "$30 $66". The "3" at the beginning of the hex is the duration, so to make it longer that's the value that you would need to change. For example, to make it "4" you would change it to "$40 $66".

If editing hex is too scary, you can open the upgrade that the Capn posted in RM where there's a much nicer GUI to change the duration, but at the end of the day, all that will change is the value that we just mentioned, so it's up to you.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob: The 0144 protocol is there, but somehow IR swapped some of the notes around whe I dragged it to a higher position on the list. I don't believe that I messed up its functionality.

radunn: (1) It would appear that you do not need the 0027 protocol upgrade, nor for that matter the 017E or 0058 protocols that are unused by any device upgrade. Do you know why you have those in there?

(2) I had dyslexia when I typed my response, and meant "30" and not "03", but as Rob explains, changing that 3 to a 4, or 5 or whatever, will increase the duration incrementally.

(3) If you STILL do not see what we're talking about, you are not using the IR file I provided with the Device Combiner upgrade installed. If you are using your old IR file, your keymoves are only 1-byte keymoves that do not have the duration capability. The Keymoves in the IR file I provided are 2-byte keymoves and have "30" as the first byte.

Amazon Firestick
radunn

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I want to thank Robman, Capn etc. and all those who rendered their time and assistance with this issue. For practical usage I find it best just to add the buttons manually to AUX(TV) mode and am requesting that this and the other related post be deleted. Again thanks!!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would we delete the posts? people learn from reading this stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: