JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCU810 pushdev? popdev? lkp?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garret

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: RCU810 pushdev? popdev? lkp? Reply with quote

I have started playing with the RCU810 v2.2 extender. Can someone explain 'popdev' and 'pushdev'? From my research, it does not seem that the RCU810 supports LKP. Am I missing something?
Thanks,
Garret
(newbie)
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: RCU810 pushdev? popdev? lkp? Reply with quote

Garret wrote:
I have started playing with the RCU810 v2.2 extender. Can someone explain 'popdev' and 'pushdev'? From my research, it does not seem that the RCU810 supports LKP. Am I missing something?
Thanks,
Garret
(newbie)
First, you are correct that there is no LKP for the RCU810 but I am pretty sure one could be adapted if someone wanted to take it on.

The use of PushDev and PopDev are for preserving the current device in macros. In other words if you are in say DVD mode, you could do a PushDev then some TV, CABLE, Receiver, etc. functions and end the macro with a PopDev and you are back in DVD mode.
Ellen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
First, you are correct that there is no LKP for the RCU810 but I am pretty sure one could be adapted if someone wanted to take it on.

Anybody want to make LKP/DKP work for the URC7800 while they're at making it work on the RCU810 Wink

How hard is it to code extenders? Does it require a rocket scientist or can anybody who has done a moderate amount of programming do it? What kind of experience did you extender writers have before you dove in? I get the impression that johnsfine is quite the experienced programmer. Are all of you who have written extenders (and I don't even know who all of you are) hard core, professional programmers? Or are you hobbyists who dabble in programming for the fun of it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: