JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NRC17 Protocol
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimonD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: NRC17 Protocol Reply with quote

OFA 7541 (2k verision!)

I've got my JP1 cable working with no problems. I have used DecodeCCF to decode a CCF file which worked fine.
I have managed to put some Panny plasma codes into the remote and make it control the plasma!! yah! small victories are great at this stage!!

After looking at the output from DecodeCCF it was clear to me that I needed to start with a clean slate for each device and re-learn the IR codes from the original remotes. As the OFA does not learn I am doing this on an iPAQ.

When I learn the codes for my Nokia 221T digital terrestrial receiver box I get 2 lines in the output of DecodeCCF for each button press.

e.g.

Code:

Protocol     Device     OBC       EFC             Misc          Decode      UDB
dBox         124        12                                      0_17        0.FFFF.0
XX           14                                   3FFE          33_15       0.FFFF.0

Now I know I need to create a new device upgrade in KM but there doesn't appear to be suitable protocol name for either dBox or XX???
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please email a copy of that CCF file to me.

I recently added to decodeIR the XX protocols (for signals like the Grundig protocol in lengths I've never actually seen) and dBox protocols for the two lengths of that which I've seen in dBox devices.

I'm rather surprised at a few things in what you posted, including the fact that two different versions of the signal seem to be used together. I'd like to see it for myself and probably enhance the decoder.

I don't think any of us has tried to create a JP1 protocol for these yet. I haven't searched to see if one of the UEI protocols we never investigated matches these (I think you're the first to ask for these signals). I'll see if I can find or create something (or maybe Jon knows).
SimonD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

Many thanks the file has been sent.

My DENON DM-30 produces a similar thing with 2 lines for each key-press
the protocols for that come out as...
Denon & Gap-265-1450-13?

If you want I could create a complete CCF for that remote too.

Thanks
Simon
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SimonD wrote:

Many thanks the file has been sent.

I got the file. I'll try to find time soon to work on it.

SimonD wrote:

My DENON DM-30 produces a similar thing with 2 lines for each key-press
the protocols for that come out as...
Denon & Gap-265-1450-13?

That is different. I'm sure the Denon decodes are correct and the Gap ones should be ignored.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
I don't think any of us has tried to create a JP1 protocol for these yet. I haven't searched to see if one of the UEI protocols we never investigated matches these (I think you're the first to ask for these signals). I'll see if I can find or create something (or maybe Jon knows).

I don't know but I think one variant may be this Nokia protocol:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbp/knowledge/ir/nrc17.htm

That is UEIC $00BD

But there are subtle differences between $00BD and NRC17 here are my notes in old irp format:

Protocol=UEIC 00BD
Frequency=38095
One=+1,-1
Zero=-1,+1
Time Base=500
Modulation=ppm
Form=[1 -5],253:8,255:8,[1 -41];[1 -5],F:8,D:8,[1 -161] (how I decode $00BD )

'Really is NR17 protocol = [1 -5],1:1,254:8,255:8,[-40];[1 -5],1:1,F:8:D:4,S:4,[-160]

Somehow I missed the earlier discussion of dBox but your irp description below for dBox looks close (should that be a -27 at the end of each expression?):

{500}<-1,1|1,-1>(1,-5,1:1,254:8,127:7,27,(1,-5,1:1,F:8,D:7,27 ) + )
or
{500}<-1,1|1,-1>(1,-5,1:1,254:8,255:8,27,(1,-5,1:1,F:8,D:8,27 ) + )
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first look at protocol 00BD is

{500}<-1,1|1,-1>(1,-5,1:1,254:8,255:8,-28, (1,-5,F:8,D:8,0:1,-220)+, 1,-5,1:1,254:8,255:8,-200)

I expect it is correct that the special frame goes at both the beginning and the end. We just haven't seen a learning remote with the capacity to learn that. (I can't remember whether it was this thread or one recently at RC where someone had data, which I also forget, indicating that final frame belongs there). Anyway, enough people have used learned signals that we can assume the dBox doesn't really care if the end frame is missing.

I also am confident that the extra bit is a 1 at the beginning, not a zero at the end, so UEI's version would be unable to generate the on state of that last bit (if it is ever used that way).

I will search some more on that NRC17 name to see if anyone else uses it and if there is any support for his idea of breaking the device part into two 4-bit numbers rather than one 8 bit number.
SimonD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I wasn't supposed to understand all that!

FWIW I tried selecting 00BD as the protocol, but it didn't work, (presumably KM doesn't have the protocol to upload?)

I also tried the "Nokia quad" protocol and that didn't work either.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SimonD wrote:
I tried selecting 00BD as the protocol, but it didn't work, (presumably KM doesn't have the protocol to upload?)

When I select "pid: 00 BD" as a protocol in KM, it does show a protocol upgrade.

I'm not certain of how to use it (until I have time to load an upgrade and learn signals from one remote to another) but my best guesses are:

1) These signals are LSB, so change "Signal Stlye" from the default LSB_comp to LSB.

2) pid 00BD seems to have all the bits shifted over one place through device and OBC, so I think you need to compensate by doubling the device number and by using ((2*OBC)+1) instead of the OBC. That means use 248 instead of 124 for the device and 25 instead of 12 for mute and 129 instead of 64 for freeze, etc.

Last edited by johnsfine on Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
SimonD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a protocol for the default remote but if I choose 7541 then it removes the protocol?
SimonD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed the style to lsb, the device to 248 and (2*OBC)+1 to all the OBC's and voila it works!!

I now have a device upgrade for the Nokia 221T!!

Many thanks for your help.
Simon
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure to upload it when you're done! Smile
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SimonD wrote:
There is a protocol for the default remote but if I choose 7541 then it removes the protocol?

Right. This protocol is built-in on a 7541, but there is no built-in setup code for device number 124 (entered in KM as 248). So you need a device upgrade, which you now have.

On non European models of UEI remote, you would need the protocol upgrade as well. I forgot you were using a European model when I answered the earlier question.
SimonD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will certainly upload it when I am finished, thanks for the help!

Simon
Terminar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: NRC17 protocol: exec $00BD (was "Newbie problems") Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

first, i want to thank you all for the wonderful work with the jp1 stuff...
Since the last days, i've read the most stuff on several sites, brought the jp1 pin header and soldered it into my 9960 (it's easier than i thought), downloaded the ir.exe and the remote master software and tested to program my 9960 for my remotes...

I was very impressed that i can use the learning capability to create my own configuration... I am using the 8060 since several month which was perfect because a could let the 8060 learn all the remote controls, but the memory of the 9960 seems to be too small for the whole stuff.

Now my problems:
I am a german jp1 user, that means, i bought it via ebay in the usa, one4all doesn't support german remotes with the 9960 (and even if they do, everytime some keys are missing)....
I wanted to use the learning capability to create my own stuff. My first try was the remote for my tv (in german it's a grundig, the remote is labeled tp720, it seems to use a blaupunkt protocol).
Well, creating the first config with the remote master with the EFC from the learning tab in the ir.exe was really easy and working perfect. But than everything went crazy...

I wanted to create the stuff for the OK, left, right, ... Buttons, nothing was shown in the learning tag... Next, i wanted to try another remote (the remote for my dbox2, something like the dreambox, a set-top box for pay-tv in germany)... The protocol listed in the learn tab of the ir.exe was NRC-17 but - i can't find it in the remote master...

Now, i am completely confused...
Maybe somebody can give me some tipps how i can continue or what i need to read or whatever...

Ok, now the remotes i want to add to my urc-9960:

----------------------------------------
* TV grundig, remote labeled tp720
(seems to be blaupunkt)

* Cable/Set-Top Box Nokia DBox2, ir tab said it is protocol NRC17

* XBox Remote, ir tab said it is RCA, device 5

* Audio Receiver Harman Kardon, ir said NEC1, dev. 128

* DVD-Player Sony, (RMT-D141P)
-----------------------------------

I have:
1. the ir.exe dump from my old urc-8060 where most of the keys from the remotes are learned and working
2. the grundig tv settings in the urc-9960 with the keys from 0-9...

I can not use the KM because i don't have excel. ir.exe and the remote master are working.

The 8060 should be replaced with my new 9960, it is not needed to do something with the old remote... I only mentioned it if it will be useful to help me with my problems...

Thanks for every tipp...
Terminar
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post the IR.exe memory dumps showing the learned signals in the Diagnosis Area and one of us will help you create an upgrade for them.

Because of the limited learning memory, you should probably post a seperate file for each device.

If you know of any setup codes that at least partially work any of these devices, please post that info also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: