JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

replay showstopper remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Z|P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:22 am    Post subject: replay showstopper remote Reply with quote

Is there anyway I could somehow run a all power off macro with this remote. There are no extenders available, and no macro section in the default RDF.
But the remote does accept new device codes, is there a way to have it send multiple codes using this. I'd hate to have to stash this remote away.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never got around to trying it, but you could see if the DSM (Device Specific Macro) special protocol works with this remote.
Mr Z|P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the docs you still need to be able to map a macro on a phantom key. IR does not have a Macro tab after reading in the remote current config.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR knows that the Replay remotes don't support macros, so it doesn't display the Macro panel. For your experiments, to enable Macros in IR.exe just delete this line from the RDF...

MacroSupport=0
Mr Z|P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last quick question, what are the hex values for Phantom1=, Phantom2, Phantom3, Phantom4 for the replay (showstopper remote)
Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phantoms can use whatever spare button codes you like. In this case, the RDF has them defined as using decimal codes 60 thru 63, which in hex is $3C, $3D, $3E and $3F.

Just FYI, if you ever want to convert a decimal number to hex yourself, you can do this using the Windows Calculator.
Mr Z|P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well I don't think it works, I copied the protocol from a different extender remote (not sure if this matters) I get a very quick blink on my macro key. So I'm assuming it got remapped, but I'm not getting the results. I'll throw a dump up on jp1, hopefully someone could spot a problem.
Mr Z|P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/ReplayTV-Showstopper%20W%20Device%20Specific%20Macro.txt
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where you got that protocol code from, but it's not the right code. The correct code is in the special-protocols spreadsheet. However, I tried it and it doesn't appear to work.

I tried using the original version of the DSM protocolbut this required that you feed it the register that's used to monitor macros, and of course, the Replay remote doesn't have such a register.

Oh well.
Mr Z|P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks for looking into it, anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: