JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer code search from learned function

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gbalight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Pioneer code search from learned function Reply with quote

I made a post last night, but ended up deleting it after I found most of my answers in the pioneer code listings. However, there is still something that I'm trying to do that I seem to be at a loss to figure out so maybe some of the pros can lend a hand Smile

I have an old pioneer receiver (sx-312R) that has the following input options: tape 2/monitor, tape 1/dat, vcr/ld, cd, tuner, phono. When I press the "function" key on the original remote, it cycles through the input selections in a preset order. Now, what I'm trying to do is to map the 3 main functions I use most to 3 buttons on my 8810. The problem is that I have no idea of how to derive this information from the "learned signals" section in IR. Is this even possible? In the top section ("Protocol, Device, Sub-Device, etc...) it lists the EFC code as "104", but assigning this code to a key does nothing. I'm now going to post the info from the "Sent Repeatedly While Key Is Being Held" section in hopes that someone can decode it or tell me how to make sense of it.

+8550 -4290 +550 -1592 +524 -540 +550 -1592 +524 -540 +524 -540 +550 -1592 +524 -540 +550 -1592 +524 -540 +550 -1592 +524 -540 +550 -1592 +550 -1592 +524 -540 +550 -1592 +524 -540 +550 -1592 +524 -540 +550 -1592 +524 -540 +550 -1592 +524 -540 +550 -1592 +524 -540 +524 -540 +550 -1592 +524 -540 +550 -1592 +524 -540 +550 -1592 +524 -540 +550 -1592 +550 -25530

From the top section of the "learned signals" page:
Protocol:Pioneer Device:165 Sub-Device:N/A OBC:85 Hex Cmd: 55 EFC: 104 Misc: N/A. I *know* that it's possible to separate the signals that are being cycled when the "function" button is pressed because I used to have a philips universal remote that coincidentally assigned specific inputs to specific keys (for instance, pressing the number 3 would select "phono" input). I no longer have the remote though so learning the -individual- input select signals is not an option. Also, I've checked the Pioneer master list and have tried -every- EFC code that I thought may work (I even experimented with made up codes Smile) But no luck Sad Please help if you can, Thanks

-paul
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) It is almost never useful to post the numbers from the "Sent Once" or "Sent Repeatedly" subwindows in IR.

If an expert ought to look at raw detail like that, we prefer to look at it ourselves, by opening a copy of your eeprom image in IR. That means upload the eeprom image to the diagnosis folder.

In this case, I see no reason for an expert to look at raw data. The decode of Pioneer device 165, OBC 85 tells everything that is there. There may be discrete input commands, I might even find some when I look in some CCF files later, but they aren't somehow hidden inside this "round robin" command.

2) You should have mentioned what setup code you're using and what remote.

If you were using a setup code for just Pioneer device 165, the EFC should have worked (as a round robin, not as the discrete you want, but not as the "does nothing" you report).

If you are using a setup code for some other Pioneer device number, then you can't create this signal with it. If you are using a setup code that uses two byte hex commands, you probably can create a KeyMove for this signal with a two byte hex command, but not with an EFC.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

Let's start with the basics. I saw your post last night and IIRC you have an 8811 and were using setup code AUDIO_1023 for your receiver. This is always important information any time you have a question.

That setup code is a two-byte code and key moves using EFC's won't work.

However, the numerals in that setup code (like most receiver setup codes) select the discrete inputs for many models. Do any of those work?

If not, here is how to enter them. There are three devices that can be accessed in AUDIO_1023 depending on Byte 2 value:

DEV BYTE2
162 80
165 40
164 20

165 is the main device code for the audio functions, inputs, Vol+/-, power etc. 164 is the main device for the Tuner commands. If you go to www.hifi-rermote.com and look under AUDIO_0013 those EFC's work for device 165 and AUDIO_0014 work for Device 164. Device 162 is the CD device and that is the same as CD_0032. Your CD keys should already be on the transport keys.

To find byte 1 select the EFC from either a learned signal or the advanced code lists for AUDIO_0013, AUDIO_0014, CD_0032 and open IR|Tools|EFC Calculator and enter the value in the EFC box the hex value is Byte 1.

Then in IR|Key Moves select the HEX (not EFC) radio button and enter Byte1 Byte2 with a space between the bytes.

Here is an example:

The discrete power commands are under device 165. They are, for this equipment, ON=EFC 247 and OFF=EFC 248.

Go to the EFC calculator and those are hex values A7 and 47 respectively. Device 165 is Byte2= 40 (also in hex). Thus,
A7 40 is power On
47 40 is Power Off
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Jon, told us 8811 and audio/1023, I have a format in which to tell you the results of checking CCF files.

I have a bunch of CCF files for what seem to be compatible devices. Their discrete input commands do not seem to match the digits in audio/1023.

It can be hard to tell exactly what is intended to be a discrete input in a CCF file, but these seemed to be

0F 40 VCR1
8F 40 VCR2
77 40 Tape
47 40 Tape2
CD 40 CD
5E 40 DVD
97 40 Video-In
CF 40 TV
gbalight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to post this to let you guys know that I've seen the posts and will upload/post any requested info as soon as I've read what's been posted already. Thanks for the responses!

-paul
gbalight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've uploaded my IR file to the yahoo group diagnosis folder (file name: "gbalight8810.zip")

I *am* using the 1023 audio code (thanks jon). I'm still looking at the posts about the 1023 being a "two byte" code, and am actually still reading the info. For whatever reason, when in RCVR or CD mode, my remote didn't allow direct numeric entries so I used EFC codes to manually enter them as can be seen in my IR file. So in a roundabout way I'm trying to turn the RCVR mode into a hybrid for the CD player & RCVR.

-paul
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you have KeyMoves using Audio/1023 and EFC numbers. That is what we've been explaining won't work.

In the KeyMove Window (from the Add or Edit button on the KeyMove tab) near the lower right, there is an item maked "Hex Cmd". You should select that, then type the hex command in the field labeled EFC/Hex Cmd.

The hex commands are the things Jon and I were suggesting, such as
0F 40
You type them just like that (two hex characters, a space, and two more hex characters) in that EFC/Hex Cmd field.
gbalight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys, I think I have the hang of calculating the HEX codes and understanding the multiple device idea with the 1023 audio code.

Unfortunately, I cannot get a response from any of the HEX codes posted by johnsfine, nor can I get any experimental codes of my own to work (from looking at the 0013 advanced codes file & using the EFC/HEX calculator).

I've re-uploaded my IR file with the ammended HEX code entries so if anyone wants to have a look at it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks again for the help everyone Smile

-paul

P.S. none of the numeric keys affected the receiver in any way (before they were setup as numeric keys for the CD player as can be seen in my file). I'd also like to note that the "TV/VID" button operates the same as the "function" button on my original remote (i.e. cycles through inputs). So I guess if I can't select the inputs individually I'll be able to "live with it", I just thought that there would definitely be a way to do it.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just tested this and forgot the Pioneer 3 device protocol is LSB not LSB-Comp like most other Pioneer/NEC protocols. So that means my EFC method won't work using the procedure described above.

You first have to place the EFC from Audio 0013 or IR into EFC in the EFC calcualtor. Then copy the OBC in the LSB Comp window to the LSB window, now you will have the correct hex value.

So the discrete power commands are:
58 40 On
D8 40 Off
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:

0F 40 VCR1
8F 40 VCR2
77 40 Tape
47 40 Tape2
CD 40 CD
5E 40 DVD
97 40 Video-In
CF 40 TV

I copied from Jon the aspects of this that I was too lazy to look up or check, so I copied the mistake he just mentioned, and I'll copy his correction (since I still haven't looked it up nor tested it).

F0 40 VCR1
70 40 VCR2
88 40 Tape
B8 40 Tape2
32 40 CD
A1 40 DVD
68 40 Video-In
30 40 TV

But now I see that the predefined '0' key is CD, so it sounds like that already failed.
gbalight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:
Ok, I just tested this and forgot the Pioneer 3 device protocol is LSB not LSB-Comp like most other Pioneer/NEC protocols. So that means my EFC method won't work using the procedure described above.

You first have to place the EFC from Audio 0013 or IR into EFC in the EFC calcualtor. Then copy the OBC in the LSB Comp window to the LSB window, now you will have the correct hex value.

So the discrete power commands are:
58 40 On
D8 40 Off

Thanks a lot Jon! I followed these new instructions and it works like a charm! I now have the left button set to CD (32 40), the select button set to VCR (F0 40), and the right button set to tape 1(72 40). I know I didn't have to type those out, but I wanted to show you guys that I actually know a little bit more about what I'm doing now Smile

Thanks again to everyone who helped, you guys are great!

-paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: