JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Record signals on your PC from any RF or IR remote on earth.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(1) This device is a DIY (Do-it-yourself) project. I have NEVER seen anybody selling this detector;
(2) It may be a fun project to learn and decypher you fan's RF codes, but you aren't going to find a "universal" RF remote to send them. They simply do not exist. If you're thinking that a UEI remote with an RF extender can somehow be made to transmit one of these RF signals, you are mistaken. The "RF" of these UEI JP1 remotes is simply to encode the IR signal, send it over a greaater distance, and have it unencoded by a matching RF-receiver to IR-transmitter base station. The RF is just a "carrier" if you will for an IR signal.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Maeslin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figure this thread has been dead for a while, however I have found a nice little RF transmitter/receiver pair that could probably be integrated to a lot of IR remotes to considerably increase range and/or interface to PCs. All that would be needed would be a lowpass filter to demodulate the IR LED's input and possibly a small dc-dc converter for the power supply.

OnShine 433MHz transmitter/receiver pair

(the transmitter is the smallest of the two boards)
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maeslin wrote:
I figure this thread has been dead for a while, however I have found a nice little RF transmitter/receiver pair that could probably be integrated to a lot of IR remotes to considerably increase range and/or interface to PCs. All that would be needed would be a lowpass filter to demodulate the IR LED's input and possibly a small dc-dc converter for the power supply.

OnShine 433MHz transmitter/receiver pair

(the transmitter is the smallest of the two boards)

Nobody tried this?
classicsat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't use those particular modules, but the UHF remote kit from and obsolete satellite TV system.

I literally sawed off the end of the remote from the kit, and set it up so the signal from a typical IR receiver module will gate it. The receiver module (and external box with an antenna), is connected in parallel with the IR receiver of the target device. In one of my satellite TV remotes, I installed the transmitter board.
StefanS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetz wrote:
I would like to learn some RF codes from a ceiling fan remote that sends RF commands at around 433MHz. I want to then cut and paste the code into a learning remote that supports RF.

I am very interested in the IR/RF reader device is there anywhere I can buy one assembled and tested?

Regards,

Fleetz

Hmm, this thread seems kind of dead, but there is a tool which together with some very simple hardware can scan RF-codes and generate PRONTO-codes in real time on both Windows and Linux on http://wiki.nethome.nu/doku.php/analyzer/start. It uses the microphone input, so it requires no special hardware drivers.

Regards
/Stefan
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: